Thread: Trankov, Rochette, Nikodinov

Custom Title

Trankov, Rochette, Nikodinov

Maxim was so brave to skate at Euro's.....so touching.

I have to say Maxim and Joannie and Angela Nikodinov, to me are special people, so brave to skate under tragic circumstances.

I just want to post this as I was tearful when i saw him skate and just reminds me what Joannie and Angela went through too.

Custom Title
    Didn't Angela withdraw and never skate again in competition after her mother died while they were in Portland for Nationals?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Didn't Angela basically never skate again in competition after her mother died while they were in Portland for Nationals?
    She competed in pro competitions, but never returned to Olympic elligible competition. Being in the car wreck that killed her mom - and being as how her mom was there because of Angela's skating - I think had a big effect on her. She did go to competitions as a coach though.

Didn't Isabelle Brasseur's father die when Brasseur/Eisler were competing at Worlds or Olympics? What about Elizabeth Punsalan?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Nicole Bobek's coach, Carlo Fassi, died in the middle of Worlds, AFAIR, when Nicole was competing.

Elizabeth Punsalan's father was murdered by her brother just prior to I think, Olympics, too. That's probably the most traumatic thing I think I ever heard happening to a skater.

On the Ice
    Nikodinov skated after her coach died, though.