2013 Europeans Ladies LP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ladies LP

gmyers

Record Breaker
So why call it a sport then? Lets just call it exhibition skating. No wonder skating doesn't get any respect.

It's like the sport ends at jumps and jumps are included but don't count! Spins is the sport and steps are he sport and interpretation is the sport? Where do jumps matter?

bekalc

Record Breaker
It was a bad spiral. The extension was not even great. I love Carolina but she just didn't deserve it tonight with 4 triples and an overmarked 2-2-2 sequence. Technically it would make her program a 5 triple program with the highest PCS given for ladies (9+ for one PCS). The benefits of being a world champion.

I am so excited for Worlds! I am going to be very happy to see the big triple-triples back in the game with Yu-Na, Adelina and Elizaveta all going for it.

Well I personally think that Kostner deserves 9s for skating skills. (Now whether the rest of the PCS deserved 9s is another thing) but for skating skills yes. Especially considering Tukt's scores there....I do think jumps need to be rewarded a bit more...

mateusp1

On the Ice
It was a bad spiral. The extension was not even great. I love Carolina but she just didn't deserve it tonight with 4 triples and an overmarked 2-2-2 sequence. Technically it would make her program a 5 triple program with the highest PCS given for ladies (9+ for one PCS). The benefits of being a world champion.

I am so excited for Worlds! I am going to be very happy to see the big triple-triples back in the game with Yu-Na, Adelina and Elizaveta all going for it.

Her 2-2-2 was not overscored. She only got +0,14... Most of judges gave it 0 and some gave +1. That was not a bad combo. I mean, it was an easy one, but the execution was okay.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Protocols are up, glad Liza had two 4-levels spins, only her layback was level 3. She a minus goe only on her 3F. She really rocked.
Adelina got an edge call on her 3Lz-3T<

Trewyn

Medalist
Lol at this thread. According to GS posters
- Carolina shouldn't have won because she didn't land enough triples
- Adelina shouldn't have won because of the horrible wailing in her music and lack of performance (at least until after she got the jumping out of the way)
- Elizaveta shouldn't have won because she covers too little ice and has cheap (?) looking choreo

So...Valentina should be calling 'robbed!'?

Personally, I thought this was a very pleasant competition to watch! The top 4 were truly very strong, much higher level than I've seen at Euros in a long time. My family watched the final group together with me and they were like "b-but nobody fell? is that normal?" :p

I personally wasn't surprised by the scores, seems to me the judges did a pretty good job. I understand the criticisms, but when is there ever a truly perfect champion?

gmyers

Record Breaker
So the last 2S won Kostner the European Championship, even with negative GOE...

Jumps were irrelevant to her win! Basically the least important thing she did today.

1. Being world champ
2. Pcs
3. Steps
4. Spins
5. Maybe jumps

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I LOVE Adelina, but hate that god awful Christina Aguilera music she is using as a "program" this season. I'd be depressed if that program ever won her an ISU championship. Adelina deserves MUCH BETTER programs and music!

wallylutz

Medalist
- Adelina shouldn't have won because of the horrible wailing in her music and lack of performance (at least until after she got the jumping out of the way)
- Elizaveta shouldn't have won because she covers too little ice and has cheap (?) looking choreo

Personally, I thought this was a very pleasant competition to watch! The top 4 were truly very strong, much higher level than I've seen at Euros in a long time. My family watched the final group together with me and they were like "b-but nobody fell? is that normal?" :p

I personally wasn't surprised by the scores, seems to me the judges did a pretty good job. I understand the criticisms, but when is there ever a truly perfect champion?

Agreed, that's why I said it was more amusing to see so many people going ballistic over a close competition which really could have gone either way. :)

christinaskater

Medalist
The Russian baby ballerinas did really well! This is technically their first Europeans, so great job!

And for Adelina to nearly beat the current World Champion was amazing.

This is one of the best europeans in years :) Great night of skating!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Agreed, that's why I said it was more amusing to see so many people going ballistic over a close competition which really could have gone either way. :)

Every competition is going to a non jumper. Mao won gp events and gpf and now kostner won euros. All with nonsense jump content.

berrycute

On the Ice

True dat. And the marks for the medalists are like 20+ points higher than the medalists at Zagreb 2008. It was a much better competition. And for every fug outfit there was a classy one. Caro looked good, Viktoria is beautiful, and I kind of liked Sotnikova's dress although it is very TAT.

noidont

Final Flight
No way Liza's 3Lutz got less GOE than Carolina (and Valentina)?
I'm fine with the result, really. If only Liza didn't have all the mistakes in the SP, she would've won I think. Girl is the current tale of Tara Lipinski.

seniorita

Record Breaker

Best podium I could think of!!! Liza and Adelina rocked the whole arena, and Carolina was a class of her own regardless of the mistake!!!i haven't seen ever so many ladies skating well!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This evening was really enjoyable. The european field is not that deep, but Caro was beautiful as always and I'm so, so thrilled for Liza and Adelina!!
Liza came back strong after a problematic SP, and I was glad she looked so happy at the end. Hope she's proud of herself. She should be :)
Same for Adelina! I think the placements are right, but she was sooooooo close to beating the world champ! The main point is that this should help her confidence a lot. It's still the 3F that gives her a little trouble, but it's great that she pulled herself together after the wonky start with 3Fl-3T< and the 1F. She didn't give up. In comparison to her gala performances she still looks tense and not as expressive, but that will come with time I guess.

Valentina was amazing too. She doesn't have the tech but she looks so admirable as a person to me. Very happy for her too.

Overall, Euros was amazing this year. Now I'm even more excited for 4CC and worlds! :love:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
this has been really a breathtaking competition: not only the finale group, a lot of girls skated their best! Liza was amazing, she skated so wonderfully, then carolina that is something magic (let me say that, seeing her live, there is no comparison between her and the rest of the others) and then adelina was really really good, too, the score looked a bit too high for me but it was truly a joy to see her skating well this program, finally! More to come about my impressions about this later...

jamie

On the Ice
Kostner produced one of my favourite all time Euro title winning programs. Certainly her best attempt. Liza was super too, but the difference between Caro and the Russian gals is obvious. I don't want to criticize anyone in the top 4 since they all did so well and if you're whining then you are clearly new to the sport, have never seen a live competition and/or are biased so what's the point in preaching to the ignorant.

Needless to say Kostner cuts the ice like a knife through butter, has twice the coverage and twice the maturity of her nearest European rival. Here she managed a perfect loop, toe and axel (much higher, and wider than any of the Russian girls) and an excellent lutz and flip. When she tacks a 3 toe on the end of the flip and pulls off the two salchows, it will be an amazing head to head with Yu-Na. My money would be on Kostner. Congratulations to her and WOHOOO that European ladies are so strong again. I would not be surprised to see 6 Europeans in the top 10 at worlds with 2 on the podium!! :cheer:

Worlds podium:
Kim/ Kostner/Tuk/ Sotnikova/Wagner/Asada

7-13
Suzuki/Murakami/ Leonova/Korpii/Marchei/Osmond/US #2

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Adelina got inflated PCS and you guys still want her to win. I trained my dogs, I know u can't reward bad behavior. Or next year she will skate to "dirrrrrty" and expect to win the Olympics.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Adelina got inflated PCS and you guys still want her to win. I trained my dogs, I know u can't reward bad behavior. Or next year she will skate to "dirrrrrty" and expect to win the Olympics.
I think Caro is a clear winner here) but I'm happy that FINALLY there are real contenders on our side! there so many good juniors, it's just incredible if you watch Rus nats))
And in future, I believe, 1 of our young stars will be a World/European champ) finally after so many years))