2013 Europeans Ladies LP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ladies LP

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Carolina.

Yay! for Adelina - I'm so glad she kept it together!

And mostly Woohoo! for Liza - she just aced that free. :)

mateusp1

On the Ice
Uh, Everybody did see her other elements. Her spins are definitely not "first rate." Spirals are average and only steps are up there at the top. The choreography is not great and there's a bunch of posing, and long setups with meh (or nonexistent) transitions into jumps.

Kostner was beaten out there on the ice as the FS scores show, but she should have been scored lower. The final result would then have reflected reality: in this competition, it was Sotnikova and Tukta #1 and #2 respectively. I'm sorry, I call it as I see it, and Kostner is just not a goddess to me.

"Average" spirals? Are you serious?

Oh, yeah... Her spiral's edge is very shallow, there is no speed, no timing with the music and the ice coverage is weak...

gioccia

On the Ice
ok, I have no doubt that this is going to be the last year for PCS rule, next year Sochi, Russia, that'll mean that TES will rule! 3-3s and Sport will rule!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Oh, yeah... Her spiral's edge is very shallow, there is no speed, no timing with the music and the ice coverage is weak...

Well, when you compare Carolina's spirals with those of the all-time greats (who unfortunately aren't at this competition), yeah, it's no great shakes. There's just been so much pro-Carolina brainwashing going on that people can't see that she's not one of the all-time talents, she's one of the all-time gifteds.

christinaskater

Medalist

It was a bad spiral. The extension was not even great. I love Carolina but she just didn't deserve it tonight with 4 triples and an overmarked 2-2-2 sequence. Technically it would make her program a 5 triple program with the highest PCS given for ladies (9+ for one PCS). The benefits of being a world champion.

I am so excited for Worlds! I am going to be very happy to see the big triple-triples back in the game with Yu-Na, Adelina and Elizaveta all going for it.

lilywang

Rinkside
Wow, Liza rocked! She had such fire and energy, and carried the audience with her. What a performance!

christinaskater

Medalist
Good on Carolina for trying the lutz.

Worlds is going to be very interesting

1. Yu-Na
2. Carolina
3. Mao
4. Ashley
5. Adelina
6. Elizaveta
7. Akiko
8. Kaetlyn (may go as high as top 5).
9. Kanako
10. Mirai?

mateusp1

On the Ice
Carolina also got Level 3 for her Change of Foot Combination Spin.

The judges really rewarded her Steps, 3Lutz, 3T+2T and 3Lo.