Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Ladies LP

Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    "Average" spirals? Are you serious?

Oh, yeah... Her spiral's edge is very shallow, there is no speed, no timing with the music and the ice coverage is weak...
    It was a bad spiral. The extension was not even great. I love Carolina but she just didn't deserve it tonight with 4 triples and an overmarked 2-2-2 sequence. Technically it would make her program a 5 triple program with the highest PCS given for ladies (9+ for one PCS). The benefits of being a world champion.

I am so excited for Worlds! I am going to be very happy to see the big triple-triples back in the game with Yu-Na, Adelina and Elizaveta all going for it.

On the Ice
    Wow, Liza rocked! She had such fire and energy, and carried the audience with her. What a performance!

Good on Carolina for trying the lutz.

Worlds is going to be very interesting

1. Yu-Na
    2. Carolina
    3. Mao
    4. Ashley
    5. Adelina
    6. Elizaveta
    7. Akiko
    8. Kaetlyn (may go as high as top 5).
    9. Kanako
    10. Mirai?

Custom Title
    Carolina also got Level 3 for her Change of Foot Combination Spin.

The judges really rewarded her Steps, 3Lutz, 3T+2T and 3Lo.

Custom Title
    So the last 2S won Kostner the European Championship, even with negative GOE...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    So why call it a sport then? Lets just call it exhibition skating. No wonder skating doesn't get any respect.
    It's like the sport ends at jumps and jumps are included but don't count! Spins is the sport and steps are he sport and interpretation is the sport? Where do jumps matter?

Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    It was a bad spiral. The extension was not even great. I love Carolina but she just didn't deserve it tonight with 4 triples and an overmarked 2-2-2 sequence. Technically it would make her program a 5 triple program with the highest PCS given for ladies (9+ for one PCS). The benefits of being a world champion.

I am so excited for Worlds! I am going to be very happy to see the big triple-triples back in the game with Yu-Na, Adelina and Elizaveta all going for it.

Well I personally think that Kostner deserves 9s for skating skills. (Now whether the rest of the PCS deserved 9s is another thing) but for skating skills yes. Especially considering Tukt's scores there....I do think jumps need to be rewarded a bit more...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post

Her 2-2-2 was not overscored. She only got +0,14... Most of judges gave it 0 and some gave +1. That was not a bad combo. I mean, it was an easy one, but the execution was okay.

Protocols are up, glad Liza had two 4-levels spins, only her layback was level 3. She a minus goe only on her 3F. She really rocked.
    Adelina got an edge call on her 3Lz-3T<

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    It's like the sport ends at jumps and jumps are included but don't count! Spins is the sport and steps are he sport and interpretation is the sport? Where do jumps matter?
    I know.

Custom Title
    Lol at this thread. According to GS posters
    - Carolina shouldn't have won because she didn't land enough triples
    - Adelina shouldn't have won because of the horrible wailing in her music and lack of performance (at least until after she got the jumping out of the way)
    - Elizaveta shouldn't have won because she covers too little ice and has cheap (?) looking choreo

So...Valentina should be calling 'robbed!'?

Personally, I thought this was a very pleasant competition to watch! The top 4 were truly very strong, much higher level than I've seen at Euros in a long time. My family watched the final group together with me and they were like "b-but nobody fell? is that normal?"

I personally wasn't surprised by the scores, seems to me the judges did a pretty good job. I understand the criticisms, but when is there ever a truly perfect champion?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    So the last 2S won Kostner the European Championship, even with negative GOE...
    Jumps were irrelevant to her win! Basically the least important thing she did today.

1. Being world champ
    2. Pcs
    3. Steps
    4. Spins
    5. Maybe jumps

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I LOVE Adelina, but hate that god awful Christina Aguilera music she is using as a "program" this season. I'd be depressed if that program ever won her an ISU championship. Adelina deserves MUCH BETTER programs and music!

I hate the result. Ridiculous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Lol at this thread. According to GS posters
    - Carolina shouldn't have won because she didn't land enough triples
    - Adelina shouldn't have won because of the horrible wailing in her music and lack of performance (at least until after she got the jumping out of the way)
    - Elizaveta shouldn't have won because she covers too little ice and has cheap (?) looking choreo

So...Valentina should be calling 'robbed!'?

Personally, I thought this was a very pleasant competition to watch! The top 4 were truly very strong, much higher level than I've seen at Euros in a long time. My family watched the final group together with me and they were like "b-but nobody fell? is that normal?"

I personally wasn't surprised by the scores, seems to me the judges did a pretty good job. I understand the criticisms, but when is there ever a truly perfect champion?
    Agreed, that's why I said it was more amusing to see so many people going ballistic over a close competition which really could have gone either way.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast