Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Ladies LP

The Russian baby ballerinas did really well! This is technically their first Europeans, so great job!

And for Adelina to nearly beat the current World Champion was amazing.

This is one of the best europeans in years Great night of skating!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Agreed, that's why I said it was more amusing to see so many people going ballistic over a close competition which really could have gone either way.
    Every competition is going to a non jumper. Mao won gp events and gpf and now kostner won euros. All with nonsense jump content.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Lol at this thread. According to GS posters
    - Carolina shouldn't have won because she didn't land enough triples
    - Adelina shouldn't have won because of the horrible wailing in her music and lack of performance (at least until after she got the jumping out of the way)
    - Elizaveta shouldn't have won because she covers too little ice and has cheap (?) looking choreo

So...Valentina should be calling 'robbed!'?

Personally, I thought this was a very pleasant competition to watch! The top 4 were truly very strong, much higher level than I've seen at Euros in a long time. My family watched the final group together with me and they were like "b-but nobody fell? is that normal?"

I personally wasn't surprised by the scores, seems to me the judges did a pretty good job. I understand the criticisms, but when is there ever a truly perfect champion?
    True dat. And the marks for the medalists are like 20+ points higher than the medalists at Zagreb 2008. It was a much better competition. And for every fug outfit there was a classy one. Caro looked good, Viktoria is beautiful, and I kind of liked Sotnikova's dress although it is very TAT.

Custom Title
    No way Liza's 3Lutz got less GOE than Carolina (and Valentina)?
    I'm fine with the result, really. If only Liza didn't have all the mistakes in the SP, she would've won I think. Girl is the current tale of Tara Lipinski.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

Best podium I could think of!!! Liza and Adelina rocked the whole arena, and Carolina was a class of her own regardless of the mistake!!!i haven't seen ever so many ladies skating well!

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    This evening was really enjoyable. The european field is not that deep, but Caro was beautiful as always and I'm so, so thrilled for Liza and Adelina!!
    Liza came back strong after a problematic SP, and I was glad she looked so happy at the end. Hope she's proud of herself. She should be
    Same for Adelina! I think the placements are right, but she was sooooooo close to beating the world champ! The main point is that this should help her confidence a lot. It's still the 3F that gives her a little trouble, but it's great that she pulled herself together after the wonky start with 3Fl-3T< and the 1F. She didn't give up. In comparison to her gala performances she still looks tense and not as expressive, but that will come with time I guess.

Valentina was amazing too. She doesn't have the tech but she looks so admirable as a person to me. Very happy for her too.

Overall, Euros was amazing this year. Now I'm even more excited for 4CC and worlds!

this has been really a breathtaking competition: not only the finale group, a lot of girls skated their best! Liza was amazing, she skated so wonderfully, then carolina that is something magic (let me say that, seeing her live, there is no comparison between her and the rest of the others) and then adelina was really really good, too, the score looked a bit too high for me but it was truly a joy to see her skating well this program, finally! More to come about my impressions about this later...

Custom Title
    Kostner produced one of my favourite all time Euro title winning programs. Certainly her best attempt. Liza was super too, but the difference between Caro and the Russian gals is obvious. I don't want to criticize anyone in the top 4 since they all did so well and if you're whining then you are clearly new to the sport, have never seen a live competition and/or are biased so what's the point in preaching to the ignorant.

Needless to say Kostner cuts the ice like a knife through butter, has twice the coverage and twice the maturity of her nearest European rival. Here she managed a perfect loop, toe and axel (much higher, and wider than any of the Russian girls) and an excellent lutz and flip. When she tacks a 3 toe on the end of the flip and pulls off the two salchows, it will be an amazing head to head with Yu-Na. My money would be on Kostner. Congratulations to her and WOHOOO that European ladies are so strong again. I would not be surprised to see 6 Europeans in the top 10 at worlds with 2 on the podium!!

Worlds podium:
    Kim/ Kostner/Tuk/ Sotnikova/Wagner/Asada

7-13
    Suzuki/Murakami/ Leonova/Korpii/Marchei/Osmond/US #2
    Last edited by jamie; 01-26-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Adelina got inflated PCS and you guys still want her to win. I trained my dogs, I know u can't reward bad behavior. Or next year she will skate to "dirrrrrty" and expect to win the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Adelina got inflated PCS and you guys still want her to win. I trained my dogs, I know u can't reward bad behavior. Or next year she will skate to "dirrrrrty" and expect to win the Olympics.
    I think Caro is a clear winner here) but I'm happy that FINALLY there are real contenders on our side! there so many good juniors, it's just incredible if you watch Rus nats))
    And in future, I believe, 1 of our young stars will be a World/European champ) finally after so many years))

Custom Title
    Sotnikova lost 0.33 point in the short program because of her 4th element (2A) just seconds away from halfway point. carolina and valentina's 2A's got that. and she lost 0.84 again in the free skate. if she waits 2-3 seconds for 3F+2T+2Lo combination she will get 0.1 bonus and became European Champion.

Custom Title
    Just to add, Valentina Marchei's 3 lutz was one of the best I have ever seen, the height speed and running edge was knockout. I would not be surprised to see her do a 3 lutz/3toe in the short at worlds or next season!

Custom Title
    I know the horse has been out of the barn for some time and probably for too long, but the isu really needs to start enforcing the costume rules . This is a sport, not a show girl competition. A costume deduction needs to be incorporated.
    Last edited by Icey; 01-26-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    No way Liza's 3Lutz got less GOE than Carolina (and Valentina)?
    Entering diagonally into the corner allows for the skater to carry a longer line which generates more speed and gives the jump more height and width which is why the judges favoured the Italians. If you saw live you'd understand

I've said it before, but Vale's was an absolute peach, Malinina Esque! She;s actually having an almost Malinina transformation under Yuka and Jason, Brava!
    Last edited by jamie; 01-26-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruin714 View Post
    Remember Bonaly, Baiul, Slutskaya, Butyrskaya, even Witt (30 years)!

Because I love figure skating, that's why I'm criticizing.
    Interestingly in 2003 in her Euro debut Kostner landed 3 lutz/3 toe, 3 flip/3toe, 2 axel/3 salchow, 3 loop, 3 salchow and 2 axel and yet SHE lost the bronze to the 4 triple Sebesteyen. Why? Because Sebesteyen was far more mature, had a better program and cleaner edges. Caro trumps the girls this year for the same reason.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast