Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 403

Thread: 2013 Europeans Ladies LP

  1. #301
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,108
    Congratulations to Caro, Adelina and Liza, very nice podium indeed!

  2. #302
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    First of all there's some strong reasons for this. Elizaveta needs to work on her PCS. She tends to from many stay in the center of the rink. She needs to work on her skating skills/ ice coverage etc. The judges clearly were very close to giving Adelina the title even with Adelina's mistakes, so I don't think the issue here is the judges being unwilling to reward young talent...The judges want to see more than just jumps.
    Sotnikova singled a flip and did Flutz and her pcs was 63 to kostners 70.Do you really have to give a title to a double salchow skater to say work harder on pcs? That is saying the point of he sport is pcs and jumps can be double salchows.
    Last edited by gmyers; 01-26-2013 at 07:59 PM.

  3. #303
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    383
    I'm not only thrilled to see this podium but some of the other skaters did exceptionally well too. I can't wait to see them in the future.

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21
    Congratualtions to 3 medal winners, especially to Liza! Very well done, Liza, your FS scores make me so excited. Just keep it up! Oh, I'm so happy for you!!!

  5. #305
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,747
    The results are far far from surprising to me. Though I would have had Adeline first, Carolina secnod barely holding off Liza because of the free skate. I would say either Kostner is overmarked on pcs or Liza and Adeline were undermarked in pcs. This is just an opinion but this is similar to Fernadez and the Japanese men other than Takahashi and maybe Hanyu they should be a full level below Takahashi and chan but we rarely see scores that different yet the judges see something different with Carolina

  6. #306
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,011
    Tuktamysheva is the European Champion for me. Her program is wonderful and I can't believe more people don't see it. So well paced and attentive to the music throughout. And those jumps! Twice this year she has skated a clean 7-Triple program with one of the most difficult combinations out there and the quality of them all was first-rate (even the Flip was pretty commendable despite not having perfect flow-out...good height and ice coverage and a very correct edge).

    I'd have Kostner in second because she had the best flow across the ice and hit the most important jumps; the ones she doubled actually didn't bother me too much. Her little step-out of the last jump actually just slid into the ending right on time with the music, haha!

    Sotnikova's program is a front-loaded piece of crap. A fine performance but she loses too many points with that program and popping the Flip. 3rd place.

  7. #307
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    First of all there's some strong reasons for this. Elizaveta needs to work on her PCS. She tends to from many stay in the center of the rink. She needs to work on her skating skills/ ice coverage etc. The judges clearly were very close to giving Adelina the title even with Adelina's mistakes, so I don't think the issue here is the judges being unwilling to reward young talent...The judges want to see more than just jumps.

    I dont disagree with anything concidering the pcs but Liza dark eyes program is not skated in circles around the center of the rink, she was skating the whole rink and was fast. She looked tentative in the first 3 jumping passes though. She is smaller than the rest of skaters and maybe this hurts her presence on ice but yesterday she really filled the arena with energy. Adelina is taller and she skates bigger, my only problem was she looked in the zone until her last sequence.

    Regarding worlds, I dont know if they would send Giovanni, she is lovely and has personality on ice but her jumps are scratchy and they look small. To me she looked juniorish.

  8. #308
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    247
    just watched the tukt. her jumps where hughe and perfect (ecxept for flip). This 2A3T should have received +3 from all the judges. she was also performing and outgoing epecially at the end. BUT nevertheless I did not like the program, the coreo and the music at all. I just did not get it. her PCS in 7 and 8 are defenitely right. She needs something different and something not so mishin like. she is a beautiful little ladie and needs to show this in her programs. perhaps something more soft and lyrical? I don´t know. we well she what they come up with next year.

  9. #309
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    from one jump to another - that's all I've seen...
    have to agree totally. and this is very unusual for coster. but still without doing transitions the programm worked out. i don´t know how she is doing it. she is just having such a presents on the ice no other lady had.

  10. #310
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by euroskate View Post
    have to agree totally. and this is very unusual for coster. but still without doing transitions the programm worked out. i don´t know how she is doing it. she is just having such a presents on the ice no other lady had.
    I think it's just that she is tall and thin. Like a model.

  11. #311
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    22

    Tukt

    Fab height and length on her jumps, but she isn't an elegant skater. And what kind of horror fashion statement are those half covered boots in her SP?

  12. #312
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    636
    Go Elizaveta! She had the best overall FS for me. I think the program is beautiful, not to mention the fantastic jumps.

  13. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Do you really have to give a title to a double salchow skater to say work harder on pcs? That is saying the point of he sport is pcs and jumps can be double salchows.
    Agreed. And that is what sucks- the winner was known in advance if Caro skated clean more or less. I don't think that if Sotnikova hadn't popped her flip, she wouldn have won. They would simply have adjusted Caro's PCS and GOE better . She didn't deserve the title today with 4 triples (I wonder where are all those Mao bashers now who were so loud about her 66 PCS with 4 tripes). To win with less than a point to some Junior debutante is pretty embarrasing by itself. It's even more embarrsing to have BV of second 10s in RN charts (except Makarova). And in case of Caro it's not for the first time. She is repeatedly "pulled" on top by PCS. The charming chart was done by some poster on Yuan forum (all green- won by PCS): http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/w...rotespcs-1.jpg Don Ottavia should be really happy to enjoy how this system works.
    Liza is the best jumper. Just a monster. Adelina was very good too. It's not that easy to skate jazz, especially with strong vocal. But she seems like united with the music and was having fun all around. I am always very grateful to girls when they use something different that ice princess's stuff and overused music. Anyway, good work for all Russian babies. Photos of Adelya and Liza:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBkXe6MCEAE7P-K.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBkWb9ICMAAJJvp.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBkW84PCcAETk4I.jpg

  14. #314
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Agreed. And that is what sucks- the winner was known in advance if Caro skated clean more or less. I don't think that if Sotnikova hadn't popped her flip, she wouldn have won. They would simply have adjusted Caro's PCS and GOE better . She didn't deserve the title today with 4 triples (I wonder where are all those Mao bashers now who were so loud about her 66 PCS with 4 tripes). To win with less than a point to some Junior debutante is pretty embarrasing by itself. It's even more embarrsing to have BV of second 10s in RN charts (except Makarova). And in case of Caro it's not for the first time. She is repeatedly "pulled" on top by PCS. The charming chart was done by some poster on Yuan forum (all green- won by PCS): http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/w...rotespcs-1.jpg Don Ottavia should be really happy to enjoy how this system works.
    Liza is the best jumper. Just a monster. Adelina was very good too. It's not that easy to skate jazz, especially with strong vocal. But she seems like united with the music and was having fun all around. I am always very grateful to girls when they use something different that ice princess's stuff and overused music. Anyway, good work for all Russian babies. Photos of Adelya and Liza:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBkXe6MCEAE7P-K.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBkWb9ICMAAJJvp.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBkW84PCcAETk4I.jpg
    If you are really a fan of skaters using original music, why would you uphold a skater using the oft-employed Adios Nonino over one who uses some original choices in her SP. Honestly, the number of junior and second-tier girls using Adios Nonino is huge. No originality there. Plus, Elizaveta basically skates two tangos this season, her LP and SP are honestly almost the same. She can't even show originality form herself. Lame. I give props for originality to Adelina but it's not like she did anything good with it - that program has been described as "puke inducing". Actually now that I think of it, this fight between Caro and Russians has happened before, remember when the Moscow audience god all mad when Alena Leonova lost to Carolina for the bronze at Worlds 2011? Hahaha as if that piece-of-poo program belonged anywhere near a podium.

    The problem is, people can find anything to justify why their personal favourite was/wasn't given the title, and why that's good/bad. I honestly enjoyed Carron and Jones in the ice dancing more than any of the other teams in the second group and was a little peeved when they didn't make it into the top 5 over some schlocky programs that did, but that's skating, it's an honest combination of sport and art and if you neglect one aspect too much you pay for it. People are bleeting here because Caro doubled two salchows, but honestly she still landed her lutz and flip, so I think she did a good job on the technical aspect. The Russian girls did even better on the tech side but they were so MANY MANY MILES behind Caro in artistry that they could never have come close to narrowing the gap that much. Anyone who thinks Tut skated like a champion here is lying, delusional or straight-up stupid. I am sorry your favourite didn't win but TOO BAD.

    One thing I cannot stand, however, is the nasty insinuations that this is all skating politics and that Carolina's win is somehow the result of backroom dealings. Just how strong do you think the Italian fed is? Do you seriously think ANYONE could beat Russia in backroom dealings? They've been accused of it time and time and time again. Stop that nonsense now.

  15. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    The Russian girls did even better on the tech side but they were so MANY MANY MILES behind Caro in artistry that they could never have come close to narrowing the gap that much. Anyone who thinks Tut skated like a champion here is lying, delusional or straight-up stupid. I am sorry your favourite didn't win but TOO BAD.

    One thing I cannot stand, however, is the nasty insinuations that this is all skating politics and that Carolina's win is somehow the result of backroom dealings. Just how strong do you think the Italian fed is? Do you seriously think ANYONE could beat Russia in backroom dealings? They've been accused of it time and time and time again. Stop that nonsense now.
    I disagree, Tuk's LP she skated like champion
    Carolina has always benefited from her huge pcs boost so she can water down her technical content, only Yuna can outscore her maybe Mao

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •