Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: YAYZZZ!!!Adelina and Liza bring it!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    761

    YAYZZZ!!!Adelina and Liza bring it!

    SOOOOO happy they are on the pofium on their debut! With such a score!))))))
    And Caro was just so WONDERFUL! I think she is the strongest skater this season! Should win worlds!

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,705
    No kostner should not win. Yuna should because she does jumps in her programs to a respectable level. Kostner and Mao Are terrible at jumps. They are the worst.

    Yeah Liza and Adelina are the first Russians to medal since slutskaya but lizas loss shows how jumps basically don't matter anymore. Yuna could do Mao or kostner jumps but doesn't. She tries with jumps with 3/3 and lutz and flip in free skates. Yuna has everything even though jumps are irrelevant.
    Last edited by gmyers; 01-26-2013 at 04:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    No most we should not win. Yuma should because she does jumps in her programs to a respectable level. Most Ed and Mao Are terrible at jumps. They are the worst.

    Yeah Liza and Adelina are the first Russians to medal since slutskaya but lizas loss shows how jumps basically don't matter anymore. Yuna could do Mao or kostner jumps but doesn't. She tries with jumps with 3/3 and lutz and flip in free skates. Yuna has everything even though jumps are irrelevant.
    I'm thinking 3A and 4S-3T she should train

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,378
    Kostner is lucky that Europe is weak in Ladies with the exception of the Russian girls. Being as young as they are was asking to much at this time despite the jumps they just don't have the reputation yet.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    761
    But Costner actually tries to improve) She added lutz and 3f-3t? The commentator said that was the jump she planned...not 3f-2t) so I'm okay with her!) she really is beautiful on the ice.

  6. #6
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    Liza delivered a 7 triple program, with the complete set of 5 triples. And she had no flutz or lip, no downgrade. It has been a long time since we have seen a program with such level.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by lilywang View Post
    Liza delivered a 7 triple program, with the complete set of 5 triples. And she had no flutz or lip, no downgrade. It has been a long time since we have seen a program with such level.
    I'm SO proud of both of them! Adele and Liza)) Our future champs hehe))) This Worlds will be interesting for sure) They'll give a run for Mao,Asley etc money

  8. #8
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by lilywang View Post
    Liza delivered a 7 triple program, with the complete set of 5 triples. And she had no flutz or lip, no downgrade. It has been a long time since we have seen a program with such level.
    she does have great jumping technique

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Treviso, Italy
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    No kostner should not win. Yuna should because she does jumps in her programs to a respectable level. Kostner and Mao Are terrible at jumps. They are the worst.

    Yeah Liza and Adelina are the first Russians to medal since slutskaya but lizas loss shows how jumps basically don't matter anymore. Yuna could do Mao or kostner jumps but doesn't. She tries with jumps with 3/3 and lutz and flip in free skates. Yuna has everything even though jumps are irrelevant.
    ehm...at least wait the start of the competition. If carolina skate cleans with a triple triple and not doubling the salchows she is up there with kim. Kim has jumps carolina doesn't do? sorry? di I see wrong or carolina landed a perfect lutz and a flip in the long? maybe you mean that carolina has jumps that kim doesn't do...since the loop is out of kim's plans. If they both skates clean kostner has a slightly edge over kim on the technical elements since carolina plans 7 triples while kim plans 6; carolina has way better steps than yuna, I would say that her seq counts like anothet triple. As for the PCS sadly judges will reward yuna more than kostner something I cannot understand since I find Yuna's program flat compare to carolina's.
    Last edited by Tanja90; 01-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    ehm...at least wait the start of the competition. If carolina skate cleans with a triple triple and not doubling the salchows she is up there with kim. Kim has jumps carolina doesn't do? sorry? di I see wrong or carolina landed a perfect lutz and a flip in the long? maybe you mean that carolina has jumps that kim doesn't do...since the loop is out of kim's plans. If they both skates clean kostner has a slightly edge over kim on the technical elements since carolina plans 7 triples while kim plans 6; carolina has way better steps than yuna, I would say that her seq counts like anothet triple. As for the PCS sadly judges will reward yuna more than kostner something I cannot understand since I find Yuna's program flat compare to carolina's.
    Did she ever?

    Ans YuN's steps are on par with Caro's.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    ehm...at least wait the start of the competition. If carolina skate cleans with a triple triple and not doubling the salchows she is up there with kim. Kim has jumps carolina doesn't do? sorry? di I see wrong or carolina landed a perfect lutz and a flip in the long? maybe you mean that carolina has jumps that kim doesn't do...since the loop is out of kim's plans. If they both skates clean kostner has a slightly edge over kim on the technical elements since carolina plans 7 triples while kim plans 6; carolina has way better steps than yuna, I would say that her seq counts like anothet triple. As for the PCS sadly judges will reward yuna more than kostner something I cannot understand since I find Yuna's program flat compare to carolina's.
    The beginning of the thread was right after Euros and the first post has "carolina strongest skater of the season should win worlds" and that was with a program with two double salchows. And the double axel. The double is normal and fine but having three jumping passes all doubles and having a great score and almost winning the FS? You get 8 spots for jumps and she used 3 for doubles and had 4 triples. I think its obvious that her plan was do flip and lutz but have no 3/3 but just do everything well including doubles at the end. Lower risk and good for GOE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Tuktamysheva blew the SP and was way too far behind.
    Sotnikova should have won then. It is so bad to have the double salchow champion. She really looked like that was her plan and it should be that way.

  12. #12
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    But Costner actually tries to improve) She added lutz and 3f-3t? The commentator said that was the jump she planned...not 3f-2t) so I'm okay with her!) she really is beautiful on the ice.
    That's correct: her FS is planned as a 7-triples program (she was actually trying 3F+3T during the morning practice)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    Ans YuN's steps are on par with Caro's.
    Oh, yes, that's why Carolina receives always level 4 with almost all +3 GOE when Yu-Na has received level 4 for her StSq just once or twice throughout all her career and receives even +1 GOE... (Seriously, I understand that Yu-Na can be better than Kostner in a lot of things, but Kostner is really head and shoulders above Yu-Na in the steps!)
    But, about the topic of this thread, I have to say that I'm really happy with Liza and Adelina winning medals, they skated their best and they had really good results, consdiering that this was their first trip to Euros!

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Treviso, Italy
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    The beginning of the thread was right after Euros and the first post has "carolina strongest skater of the season should win worlds" and that was with a program with two double salchows. And the double axel. The double is normal and fine but having three jumping passes all doubles and having a great score and almost winning the FS? You get 8 spots for jumps and she used 3 for doubles and had 4 triples. I think its obvious that her plan was do flip and lutz but have no 3/3 but just do everything well including doubles at the end. Lower risk and good for GOE.



    Sotnikova should have won then. It is so bad to have the double salchow champion. She really looked like that was her plan and it should be that way.
    I find frustrating that everybody can see only her mistakes and call her a double salchow champion..it's not that she did only doubles!
    you say that obviously she planned the doubles and no 3-3? well you are wrong! she is planning the 3f3t in her program and she didn't do that in zagreb because she didn't land the flip very well slowing her speed to much to attach the 3t...as for the double salchow well she was really tired as she said and really didn't have strenght in her legs....don't forget that if for most of the skater this is middle season, for her it's the beginning!
    plus I wasn't say that with the performance of saturday she should win over kim...I was saying if both skate clean with all the triples they plans the competition would be close...and a personally give a slightly edge to carolina for the reason I explained in my previous post

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Treviso, Italy
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post

    Ans YuN's steps are on par with Caro's.
    No way...yuna steps are not even close to carolina's

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    Ans YuN's steps are on par with Caro's.
    Hahaha. You know one when you see one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •