Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn vs Adelina vs Liza vs Gracie

Custom Title

Kaetlyn vs Adelina vs Liza vs Gracie

Who is better/ more promising from this group of skaters? Who wins IF clean? Why?
    PS - looking forward to Worlds!!! The old ones vs the new comers))

Banned
    Julia

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia
    ahah))she is still a junior skater) but yeah, I love her)

Custom Title
    Adelina. She is an all around skater with excellent skating skills, huge jumps and the best non-jumping elements. Liza has the cleanest technique and is very expressive, but needs some work on her non-jumping elements and skating skills. I also like Gracie for her beautiful jumps and hope she will make the team (I know, I know, she needs a miracle for it after disaster in SP, but I still prefer her to Nagasu and especially Zawadzki). And I'm not a fan of Kaetlyn at all. She has the transitions but not so much of anything else. Basic skating needs serious work, non-jumping elements are so-so and I don't find her jumps that good, especially her air position

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Adelina has the best spins.

Liza has the best jumps and understanding of music, but by far the worst spins.

Gracie has probably the best all-around package of these skaters.

Kaetlyn seemingly has the best consistency.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post

But who WINS in one competition if skates clean?

I actually disagree on Gold having the best all around package. I find her by far the most boring of the three. Big jumps sure-but that's it. I'll vote for Adeilna having the best package-all the she's the least consistent.

Banned
    if they all skated clean Osmond or Elizaveta T. would win in the short program, but Sotnikova might pass one or both in the long. Gold would finish last amongst those three right now even skating cleanly IMO. Who is the most promising, too soon to tell. I dont think it is Sotnikova who is a headcase though.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I actually disagree on Gold having the best all around package. I find her by far the most boring of the three. Big jumps sure-but that's it.
    I agree! IMO, out of the 4, Gracie is the one who has the least chance of being the all around package.

Banned
    A better question is will any of these come top 5 at Worlds? I dont think any of these skaters can medal at Worlds this year, but one might sneak into the top 5 but probably one or two of Kostner, Suzuki, Wagner, Asada would need some serious mistakes for that happen. I wont even mention Kim who can fall 3 times and probably still beat this entire group.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    if they all skated clean Osmond or Elizaveta T. would win in the short program, but Sotnikova might pass one or both in the long. Gold would finish last amongst those three right now even skating cleanly IMO. Who is the most promising, too soon to tell. I dont think it is Sotnikova who is a headcase though.
    How is Sotnikova a headcase???? Adelina is only 16, and she's managed to win quite a lot of competitions, far more competitions than the other girls. But with winning those competitions also came enormous expectations, and she's also been dealing with her changing body. Why can't people give her time to get use to this level of competition before they name Sotnikova a headcase. Neither Kim nor Asada won their first worlds.

The skater I saw today at Euros, handled pressure very well. And I think its a good sign she held it together after the flip too... . I seem to recall Plushenko and numerous skaters who became great, struggling a bit at the beginning of the Senior level....

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue
    But who WINS in one competition if skates clean?
    Ever played rock-paper-scissors?

Custom Title
    If they were all perfect and clean I would say sotnikova. She has the potential and does a little of everything in even the competitions where she makes huge mistakes. If it was an actual competition where they all skated their normal ways I would say osmond.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    If they were all perfect and clean I would say sotnikova. She has the potential and does a little of everything in even the competitions where she makes huge mistakes. If it was an actual competition where they all skated their normal ways I would say osmond.
    I don't know i think Osmond has had her mistakes.. .She kind of got lucky at Skate Canada and the result was controversial. In terms of Canadian Nationals-whose her competition? Now, I think she's going to start to get more pressure on her like the young Russians have been experiencing...Sotnikova has won far more competitions than any of these other girls, and I think people forget that.
    Last edited by bekalc; 01-26-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't know i think Osmond has had her mistakes.. .She kind of got lucky at Skate Canada and the result was controversial. In terms of Canadian Nationals-whose her competition? Now, I think she's going to start to get more pressure on her like the young Russians have been experiencing...
    True osmond Has only done nebelhorn and skate Canada and if she does 4cc it will be the biggest stage so far. But whoever she has faced she has beaten. If she beats Mao at 4cc if she goes that would be something.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast