Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn vs Adelina vs Liza vs Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    True osmond Has only done nebelhorn and skate Canada and if she does 4cc it will be the biggest stage so far. But whoever she has faced she has beaten. If she beats Mao at 4cc if she goes that would be something.
    That's not true. Osmond was at Jr Worlds, and she didn't come close to winning Junior Worlds. She in fact didn't even medal, came 10th. Sotnikova and Gold beat her there.And there was far more competition there at Junior Worlds than she faced at the other places.

At the other two competitions you mentioned, she capitalized on other's mistakes. Plus, who says she'll beat Wagner??????? I think Osmound has talent.. But based on that small amount of competitions, I don't think its fair to say she's a better competitor than the others.

The best competitor of the youngsters is frankly Elizaveta. (Tukt was injured at Skate Canada if I recall) She's normally always good for 6-7 triples in the long and I don't think the same can be said for the rest.. Osmond I seem to recall has had her mistakes....

I don't think Mao will necessarily be difficult to beat, but I think that Wagner could be for her.

I'm frankly thrilled for Sotnikova at Euros. It seems to me like she's finally starting to get use to this level of competition/and the expectations...
    Last edited by bekalc; 01-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.

I think Sotikova clearly wins if all are clean.

However, as others have said, of Osmond, Tuk, and Sot, Sot is least consistent sooo...

At this point I don't view Gracie as being a real factor.

Custom Title
    Well I did forget osmond was at jr worlds!! But the fact that this season osmond took advantage of others making mistakes but even making mistakes herself is why i voted her. But it could be Liza she is in a much better place now than when osmond beat her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    That's not true. Osmond was at Jr Worlds, and she didn't come close to winning Junior Worlds. She in fact didn't even medal, came 10th. Sotnikova and Gold beat her there.
    Osmond did not fail under pressure there though. She simply wasnt that good a skater yet and wasnt a contender yet, not even amongst juniors. Keep in mind she skated well at NAtionals that year too and finished behind LaCoste and washed up Phaneuf so she just didnt have the PCS and quality needed yet, so her low finish at World Juniors is not a sign of crumbling to pressure. Sotnikova on the other hand was supposed to win that World Juniors and lost to both Liptniskaya and Gold, so she, not the not yet that competitive Osmond, is the one who crumbled under pressure.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I actually disagree on Gold having the best all around package. I find her by far the most boring of the three. Big jumps sure-but that's it. I'll vote for Adeilna having the best package-although she's the least consistent.
    Gold has pretty wide appeal it would seem. I think she has good body line, good basics, and is really trying to listen to the music and perform. She also does more with transitions in comparison to the Russian girls. It's not there yet but if she puts it all together I could see her being the best. Her 3Lutz in the SP is potentially a clear advantage over Adelina, who's only doing 3Toe in comparison.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Osmond did not fail under pressure there though. She simply wasnt that good a skater yet and wasnt a contender yet, not even amongst juniors. Keep in mind she skated well at NAtionals that year too and finished behind LaCoste and washed up Phaneuf so she just didnt have the PCS and quality needed yet, so her low finish at World Juniors is not a sign of crumbling to pressure. Sotnikova on the other hand was supposed to win that World Juniors and lost to both Liptniskaya and Gold, so she, not the not yet that competitive Osmond, is the one who crumbled under pressure.
    I though everyone believed lipnitskaya was going to win. Sotnikova had been crumbling that season in the gp. Two bronzes but huge problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Gold has pretty wide appeal it would seem. I think she has good body line, good basics, and is really trying to listen to the music and perform. She also does more with transitions in comparison to the Russian girls. It's not there yet but if she puts it all together I could see her being the best. Her 3Lutz in the SP is potentially a clear advantage over Adelina, who's only doing 3Toe in comparison.

Great body line, performing? I see a girl who moves her arms like an air plane (except for a few choregraphic movements) and uses her upper body in a quite heavy like manner.. I also see a few plastered smiles, but absolutely no geninune connection with the music, or geniune connection to the program...And if you compare said smiles to the smiles I saw from Tukt/Sotnikova at Euros-I wouldn't say much there either..
    Last edited by bekalc; 01-27-2013 at 12:25 AM.

are we just talking for 2013 Worlds ?

well if its for 2018 I wont count out Julia
    also Elena, Karen and Serafima

Julia has the potential to be the best amongst all of them

Custom Title
    If you saw Gold's Nationals FS performance you wouldn't be so fast to dismiss her. 3f/3t, 2a/3t, 3lo, 2a, 3z, 3fe+3t+3t, 3s. She does all the triples except 3a, but she can be inconsistent.
    Gold may lip, but Osmond and Sotnikova flutz.
    Osmond has had one clean FS (Challenge, against much lesser skaters) out of 4 this season---no better than Gold's record. In her FS, she has no 3/3 or 3lo and only one 3z. Technically, she is the weakest of the four.
    Sotnikova's 3/3 at Euros was scored 3z+3t< and she singled her flip. She does all the triples, but hasn't had a clean FS all season.
    Tuktamysheva neither flutzes nor lips, she has a clean 3z+3t, and she does all the triples, but she can be somewhat inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    If you saw Gold's Nationals FS performance you wouldn't be so fast to dismiss her. 3f/3t, 2a/3t, 3lo, 2a, 3z, 3fe+3t+3t, 3s. She does all the triples except 3a, but she can be inconsistent.
    Gold may lip, but Osmond and Sotnikova flutz.
    Osmond has had one clean FS (Challenge, against much lesser skaters) out of 4 this season---no better than Gold's record. In her FS, she has no 3/3 or 3lo and only one 3z. Technically, she is the weakest of the four.
    Sotnikova's 3/3 at Euros was scored 3z+3t< and she singled her flip. She does all the triples, but hasn't had a clean FS all season.
    Tuktamysheva neither flutzes nor lips, she has a clean 3z+3t, and she does all the triples, but she can be somewhat inconsistent.

I did see Gracie's free program at Nationals. I agree she has gorgeous jumps. Probably the biggest of them all. She seems to have good speed but the rest of her skating is meh. I'm dismissing the she has great body line, wonderful performance ability, schpeel. It could change but right now if all went clean, I'd absolutely give it to Sotnikova. Even Tukt has better presentation IMO. This doesn't mean Gold can't work on it but right now.....Wonderful performance/beautiful artistry Gold doesn't have.

(amazing jumps yes, I never argued Gold didn't have amazing jumps) This isn't pole vaulting.. Things like spins, positions, footwork should matter too, which is why I go with Sotnikova who has plenty of jump height and has the rest all over Gold.
    Last edited by bekalc; 01-27-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    True osmond Has only done nebelhorn and skate Canada and if she does 4cc it will be the biggest stage so far. But whoever she has faced she has beaten. If she beats Mao at 4cc if she goes that would be something.
    She beat 9 skaters at SC, and at Nebelhorn she edged Sotnikova and a lot of European also-rans. Somehow I don't think that quite equates to beating Mao on Mao's home ice.

Custom Title
    (amazing jumps yes, I never argued Gold didn't have amazing jumps) This isn't pole vaulting.. Things like spins, positions, footwork should matter too, which is why I go with Sotnikova who has plenty of jump height and has the rest all of Gold.
    At Nationals, Gracie got L4 on two of three spins (the other was L3) and L4 on her footwork.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    At Nationals, Gracie got L4 on two of three spins (the other was L3) and L4 on her footwork.
    :lol: This was nationals.....Lets see her get a level 4 by an international panel. Like Kostner, Sotnikova have managed. I did like her last spin though.
    Last edited by bekalc; 01-27-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Custom Title
    I think Gold is going to be something Her jumps are amazing) So I don't think she is the worst of these girls..
    To tell the truth,I think Liza is a little bit worse in terms of all-around, I hope she'll work on her ice coverage - now it hurts her pcs A LOT
    And Osmond..I think she can compete with each of these skaters here, but her jumps should be harder+her spins.But what she has now is a nice attack when she skates - she dances through her programs

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I think Gold is going to be something Her jumps are amazing) So I don't think she is the worst of these girls..
    To tell the truth,I think Liza is a little bit worse in terms of all-around, I hope she'll work on her ice coverage - now it hurts her pcs A LOT
    And Osmond..I think she can compete with each of these skaters here, but her jumps should be harder+her spins.But what she has now is a nice attack when she skates - she dances through her programs
    Gracie has almost has everything I agree, she just needs polishing and more expreince
    yes this what I notice since from Liza , she needs to cover more distance on the ice like her teammates Adelina and Julia

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast