Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96

Thread: Kaetlyn vs Adelina vs Liza vs Gracie

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    176

    Kaetlyn vs Adelina vs Liza vs Gracie

    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I have a question, are you ravi ? Katelyn's coach
    I just noticed your username
    Katelyn won Canadian Nationals. If I had been her coach, she would likely have placed last.
    If I am not mistaken, skaters, coaches, judges etc. are not permitted to post on these discussion boards.

    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    no I notice he only posts about Katelyn's news
    Not certain what you mean by Kaetlyn news. If you are referring to my citing links and quotations, then yes I prefer to backup what I say with references when possible. If you mean I am only posting about Kaetlyn, then you had not been paying attention in the past.
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-27-2013 at 11:36 PM.

  2. #62
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post

    I hope Zijun Li has a kickass Four Continents and gets herself into this grouping, because I'd argue she's right there.
    I think Zijun is a lovely skater, but I don't think she's quite there yet at the same level as these skaters. Her skating is still rather small and she comes across a little wimpy/powerless in her execution. Her choreography is rather simplistic overall compared to Sotnikova, Tukamisheva, and Osmond and she doesn't yet have that "awareness" of performance of these skaters imo. I hope she does some core exercise and strength training to help with her presentation.

    I think at this point Sotnikova is the best overall skater with strong basics and a full set of jumps and a few different 3/3s (albeit she flutzes). I think Osmond is the best PCS skater of the four but what would hurt her is her lack of a full set of triples and not going for a 3/3 in the FS. This will limit her scoring potential when others are bringing it. Next year will be different though.

    Gold is probably the most juniorish in terms of presentation and choregraphy of the skaters mentioned, but her jumps are the most impressive IMO. I also think she has great basics and good basic carriage (more so than Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva, both of whom I find a bit awkward in their movement). She just needs a good choreographer to give her 2 good programs as well as to teach her how to move and perform.
    Last edited by shine; 01-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.

  3. #63
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    I think Osmond is the best PCS skater of the four but what would hurt her is her lack of a full set of triples and not going for a 3/3 in the FS. This will limit her scoring potential when others are bringing it. Next year will be different though.
    Is Kaetlyn planning to add the Loop or a harder 3-3 or something next season or am I misinterpretating?

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,331
    Let Gracie train with Jason Brown. If that doesn't help her to learn how to perform to the crowd and improve her all-around skating nothing will.

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,549
    Kaetlyn will have to up the technical ante next season if she wants to remain competitive with the top ladies. The question is can she do that and skate consistently with minimal errors.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Is Kaetlyn planning to add the Loop or a harder 3-3 or something next season or am I misinterpretating?
    She's talking about it, but we all know what talk is.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Let Gracie train with Jason Brown. If that doesn't help her to learn how to perform to the crowd and improve her all-around skating nothing will.

    Jason is known for his marvelous transitions, original spins and great footwork. It's because he's so good at those elements that he can be free to play to the crowd. He's had lots of international experience, including 3 seasons in the JGP and two JWs, which has allowed him to hone his performing skills in front of varied audiences.

    All of Gracie’s international experience has been squeezed into the past 18 months: gold medal 2011 JGP event, 2012 JW silver, 2012 WTT, two GPs this season. She’s had precious little time to absorb what she’s learned and work on refining her skating while maintaining her technical skills.

    She'll improve. Just give her time.

  8. #68
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue
    She's talking about it, but we all know what talk is.
    Yeah, sadly... But Kaetlyn improved a lot in comparison to last season and it's not as if she had a history of not sticking to her word (as far as I know). I'll just be optimistic about that one.

  9. #69
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Let Gracie train with Jason Brown. If that doesn't help her to learn how to perform to the crowd and improve her all-around skating nothing will.
    Well unless Gracie and her coach wants to move to Colorado Springs with Kori and Jason, I don't think that's going to happen....

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Kaetlyn will have to up the technical ante next season if she wants to remain competitive with the top ladies. The question is can she do that and skate consistently with minimal errors.
    Nah, in ladies, one can win the U.S. Nationals with just 2 clean Triples in the long program. 6 clean Triples + two Double Axels is more than enough...

  11. #71
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Nah, in ladies, one can win the U.S. Nationals with just 2 clean Triples in the long program. 6 clean Triples + two Double Axels is more than enough...
    Okay we all get it; Ashley is an unworthy National champion. Give it a rest already!

  12. #72
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Yeah, sadly... But Kaetlyn improved a lot in comparison to last season and it's not as if she had a history of not sticking to her word (as far as I know). I'll just be optimistic about that one.
    There are reports of her landing 3t/3t, 3f/3t, and 3lz/3t with good consistency in practices, and her 3l seems to be almost ready. The plan of her team this year seems to be to let her stick to her current jump content and aiming at making top 10 at Worlds (which wouldn't require adding the 3/3s). They mentioned at Nationals that they plan on adding the new jumps next year.

  13. #73
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    There are reports of her landing 3t/3t, 3f/3t, and 3lz/3t with good consistency in practices, and her 3l seems to be almost ready. The plan of her team this year seems to be to let her stick to her current jump content and aiming at making top 10 at Worlds (which wouldn't require adding the 3/3s). They mentioned at Nationals that they plan on adding the new jumps next year.
    Well I hope we do get to see it because it would be quite an interesting GP season this fall if that's the case.

  14. #74
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    There are reports of her landing 3t/3t, 3f/3t, and 3lz/3t with good consistency in practices, and her 3l seems to be almost ready. The plan of her team this year seems to be to let her stick to her current jump content and aiming at making top 10 at Worlds (which wouldn't require adding the 3/3s). They mentioned at Nationals that they plan on adding the new jumps next year.
    I watched Kaetlyn's practices at Canadian nats. The 3f/3t and 3lz/3t are both very solid and ready to be put into programs for next season. I didn't see any 3l attempts so can't comment on the consistency.

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,549
    There is a TREMENDOUS difference between landing jumps/combinations in isolation and landing them within a program with transitions before and after.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •