Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: And then there were 10... (ladies)

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Is Gold's hair really golden? Her sister has dark brown hair.
    I know that she highlights her hair blonde, so I'm pretty sure that she's closer to a natural brunette. And anyway, Carly and Gracie are fraternal twins.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    ^ A picture of the US ladies medalist for reference here. Lipstick also seems to be in.
    I guess blond ambition is in

Just looking at that photo, with Ashley surrounded by a bunch of hungry, big jumping tigresses, no matter how raw and wild they may be, is that she's gonna need some big lutz (a true lutz), or 3-3 combo to compete with them in the future. Sochi may be her best and only chance to be the no.1 US lady.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    The answer is easy. Kaetlyn Osmond. No seriously, you asked which lady has the best chance of winning OGM. As it stands, Team Canada has the best chance of winning the OGM in Sochi for the Figure Skating Team Event. Given that Osmond is the only lady from Canada with qualifying scores so far, it has to be her. With two World Champions in 2 of the 4 disciplines (including a current OGM in Ice Dance), two World podium worthy couples in Pairs, adding Osmond herself would pretty much ensure Canada is the overwhelming favorite for Gold in the Team Event, thus ensuring that Osmond is the most likely OGM for ladies.

The Olympics are in RUSSIA. Russia has just as good a chance -- or maybe better -- than Canada for winning the team event.

Some would ask, why not Russia? Well, if Russia actually has a man who can compete, yeah, maybe but as it stands, Russia has no man (real competitive man), cannot beat Canada in Ice Dance, not even sure to beat Canada in ladies and Pairs may end up winning by only one spot or two - the probability of Russia taking Gold is not good at this point. So yeah, this is the easiest question ever.

Kovtun is looking better and better, while Chan is looking worse and worse. Russia will have 3 tough ladies (Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaia) while Canada will have Osmond and an also-ran (if Kaetlyn can place top 10 at Worlds). Duhamel/Radford are no match for Volosozhar/Trankov.

All the Osmond hype reminds me of similar hype about Mao in 2006, with all the whining about her age keeping her out of the Olympics. Only Mao was JW Champion, JGPF Champion and GPF Champion, while Kaetlyn has a Senior B gold and a GP gold and that's all so far. Osmond is good and has a great future, but she has to prove herself against the best in the world. She ain't soup yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Julia's hair is light brown.

Looking at her roots I would guess Gracie's natural hair color is a medium to dark brown. Also she has brown eyes. I doubt she's a natural blonde.
    Eye color isn't necessarily a determinant of hair color. My sister is a natural blonde and she has brown eyes.

Why are we discussing the ladies' hair color??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3