Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any Race Role in Scoring Ralph/Hill?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    The Elephant in the Room that no one discusses. What are the thoughts out there?
    I think it definitely has an impact.

But I think that's only part of the problem. There's a big ability gap between them. Hill is an amazing dancer, he moves just incredibly, so soft and cat-like and using his whole body in a fantastic way. Ralph is nowhere near his ability, I hate to say. She's quite stiff. I wish he had a stronger partner because he's one of my favourite ice dancers ever. Oh well...

Erica

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    How could they have been third when Orford and Williams beat them by over 3 points in free dance and Paul and Islam who also fell hard and did not recover quickly was only 3 points behind them in free dance?
    The SD mark seem to be unusually harsh for Ralph/Hill compared to the FD mark for fall of Paul /Islam they were over 14 points out of third considering the strong recovery and finish of SD.
    Well, I think that if Hill hadn't fallen in the SD, R/H would have had a sizeable lead of possibly 3 points or more over O/W in order to beat them overall, even if O/W beat them in the FD.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    mmm W/P are interracial ?
    is Poje an Indian ?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    mmm W/P are interracial ?
    is Poje an Indian ?
    Nope. I believe his dad is German heritage, and his mother's roots are in Bratislava. I believe they talked about this when they explained their choice of music for the SD this year, and why they were so happy to skate the pre-season in front of a "home" crowd.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    No. I don't think race plays any part at all in their marks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2