Thread: 18-49 Prefers UFC: MMA Demo KOs Skating

Rinkside

18-49 Prefers UFC: MMA Demo KOs Skating

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Last night, the U.S. Figure Skating Championships averaged 3.4 million viewers. That number means, although there were surely ebbs and flows during the three-hour broadcast, an average of 3.4 million people were watching at a given minute. The 18-49 year-old was 0.5. Last year, the demo was 0.6.

Meanwhile, the Ultimate Fighting Championship card on Fox had a 1.8 demo with about 3.77 million viewers. CBS ran two episodes of 48 Hours. Combined the shows averaged about five million viewers and a 0.9 demo. ABC's 20/20 garnered 3.5 million viewers and a 0.9 demo. A rerun of NCIS: Los Angeles grabbed nearly four million viewers and a 0.5 demo while a rerun of The Taste had about 2.8 million viewers and a 0.7 demo.

3.4 million viewers isn't bad.

As for the demographics, figure skating has a lot of fans who are older than 49 and also a lot of children, or families watching together. They eat a lot of Smucker's jam and Musselman's applesauce, and have an interest in Prudential or Progressive Life Insurance plans.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    3.4 million viewers isn't bad.

As for the demographics, figure skating has a lot of fans who are older than 49 and also a lot of children, or families watching together. They eat a lot of Smucker's jam and Musselman's applesauce, and have an interest in Prudential or Progressive Life Insurance plans.
    They used to eat more Smart Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    OK, here's a question that has been bugging me for years. Is the little boy actor who plays Richard Smucker's ever going to get any older?
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-27-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    And Campbell's Soup!

Custom Title
    I remember when nationals was a highly rated show.

UFC won the night on the "target" audience???? Ewwwww!

Custom Title
    Let me add that unlike last year there is a certain buzz after these nationals that I haven't seen in years.

At work people were talking about Gracie Gold and the men doing quads. For a moment I was like "people are talking about Figure Skating?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Let me add that unlike last year there is a certain buzz after these nationals that I haven't seen in years.

At work people were talking about Gracie Gold and the men doing quads. For a moment I was like "people are talking about Figure Skating?" lol
    Where do you find ratings from past skating competitions?