18-49 Prefers UFC: MMA Demo KOs Skating | Golden Skate

18-49 Prefers UFC: MMA Demo KOs Skating

xzchief

Rinkside
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

Last night, the U.S. Figure Skating Championships averaged 3.4 million viewers. That number means, although there were surely ebbs and flows during the three-hour broadcast, an average of 3.4 million people were watching at a given minute. The 18-49 year-old was 0.5. Last year, the demo was 0.6.

Meanwhile, the Ultimate Fighting Championship card on Fox had a 1.8 demo with about 3.77 million viewers. CBS ran two episodes of 48 Hours. Combined the shows averaged about five million viewers and a 0.9 demo. ABC's 20/20 garnered 3.5 million viewers and a 0.9 demo. A rerun of NCIS: Los Angeles grabbed nearly four million viewers and a 0.5 demo while a rerun of The Taste had about 2.8 million viewers and a 0.7 demo.

3.4 million viewers isn't bad.

As for the demographics, figure skating has a lot of fans who are older than 49 and also a lot of children, or families watching together. They eat a lot of Smucker's jam and Musselman's applesauce, and have an interest in Prudential or Progressive Life Insurance plans. :)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
3.4 million viewers isn't bad.

As for the demographics, figure skating has a lot of fans who are older than 49 and also a lot of children, or families watching together. They eat a lot of Smucker's jam and Musselman's applesauce, and have an interest in Prudential or Progressive Life Insurance plans. :)

They used to eat more Smart Ones.

Dots

Final Flight
I remember when nationals was a highly rated show. :scowl:

UFC won the night on the "target" audience???? Ewwwww!

Dots

Final Flight
Let me add that unlike last year there is a certain buzz after these nationals that I haven't seen in years. :think:

At work people were talking about Gracie Gold and the men doing quads. For a moment I was like "people are talking about Figure Skating?" lol

Reginald

Match Penalty
Let me add that unlike last year there is a certain buzz after these nationals that I haven't seen in years. :think:

At work people were talking about Gracie Gold and the men doing quads. For a moment I was like "people are talking about Figure Skating?" lol

Where do you find ratings from past skating competitions?