2013 Europeans Gala | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Gala

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just started a thread to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, the LTV7 stream ended at 16:00 GMT sharp, so it cut off at the end of Javier's encore. So, what happened next? I am assuming Tatiana and Maxim had already gone back home straight after the FS for the funeral of Maxim's Dad.

Did the gala go straight into the finale after Javier?

For that matter, does anybody have any videos of the finale? The rest of the gala was that good, I would love to see the finale!

Also, at the start of the second half, there was a routine by a Croatian girl who was wearing what looked to me like Fred Flintstone's suit! Did anybody catch her name, as I was really impressed by her and would like to see more of her.

Can I also say, I love the way Brian and Florian always play to the crowd! That girl in the synchro team that Brian kissed is going to be telling that story for years! (And the auld doll that he also kissed will probably be doing the same!)

And as for Florian stripping after his gala routine, well, all the women in the audience were already going wild from the routine itself, but this just sent them through the roof!!!

Overall, probably the best gala I've seen this year.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
The Swedish broadcast ended at the same time, so I didn't see the finale either. Well, there will hopefully be videos...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I need videos too :(

Can I also say, I love the way Brian and Florian always play to the crowd! That girl in the synchro team that Brian kissed is going to be telling that story for years! (And the auld doll that he also kissed will probably be doing the same!)

And as for Florian stripping after his gala routine, well, all the women in the audience were already going wild from the routine itself, but this just sent them through the roof!!!

You know the performances from the French guys that I was talking about. Well, somebody has uploaded them!

Joubert Gala
Amodio Gala

But, unfortunately for all the girls out there, the Amodio video ends before he takes his top off!

Also, our friend that was uploading the Group videos has uploaded Elena and Nikita's Gala performance.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov Gala

Hopefully some more videos will appear soon!

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Just found the gala performances from the Ladies medalists! :biggrin:

Tuktamysheva Gala
Sotnikova Gala
Kostner Gala

Last edited:

glam

On the Ice
Thanks! When did Brian kiss the synchro girl, it isn't on the video unfortunately :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks! When did Brian kiss the synchro girl, it isn't on the video unfortunately :biggrin:

Oops! Sorry about that! I just watched the YouTube vid, and realised I made a mistake!

I was watching on one of those flatscreens that doesn't like very dark pictures, so I couldn't actually see who he was kissing at around 1m50s! So, when the director showed a zoomed in shot of the synchro girls straight afterwards, I put 2 and 2 together, and got 5!

It was in the highlights package afterwards that I saw him kissing the auld doll, so I thought "Oh, he kissed somebody else and we didn't get to see it..."

I hold my hands up! I should have made sure of my facts before I typed. :slink: But, since the video wasn't up at that time, I couldn't. ;)

Sorry again that it didn't happen (and I'm sure the girl they showed is sorry it didn't happen as well...!!! ;) )

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Swedish broadcast ended at the same time, so I didn't see the finale either. Well, there will hopefully be videos...

Some more gala videos from our friend who uploaded the Group videos:

Kavaguti/Smirnov Gala
Finale Gala (8m 49s)

Yippee, a Finale video!!! “The Time of My Life” :biggrin: followed by “Gangnam Style” (again!) (Suffice to say, I don’t like the song!) However, this version cuts off very abruptly at the end. But, there is another, longer version available:

Finale Gala (10m 24s)

Unfortunately, this video misses the start of the Finale!

So, to see the whole Finale, you have to piece it together yourselves using the 2 videos! But, at least it’s all there one way or another! ;) :biggrin:

Any joy yet in working out who that Croatian girl that opened the second half of the Gala is? I really want to know!!! ;) :biggrin:

And in case there is any confusion, I am not talking about the extremely young Croatian girl that opened the first half. I remember this wee girl's first name was Hana, so she might have been Hana Cvijanović. But, I'm not sure. And I'm not that worried about finding out for sure, because she is far too young! (You all know my feelings about having very young skaters performing at competitions like this!)

Oh, and I forgot to add, the Synchro Group are called "Zagreb Snowflakes"

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another new gala video, this time of the Men's champion

Fernandez gala

And, another apology needed. The Amodio video I posted a link to above DOES show him taking his top off. As I'd seen the gala live, I just scrolled to the end of the video, and saw him wearing his vest. What I didn't realise is that the video ended with the highlights of the routine!

The comments left on the Amodio video are, erm, interesting! Being a guy myself, I can't really comment on what they said! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, somebody has started uploading a lot of gala videos!

Any joy yet in working out who that Croatian girl that opened the second half of the Gala is? I really want to know!!! ;) :biggrin:

And in case there is any confusion, I am not talking about the extremely young Croatian girl that opened the first half. I remember this wee girl's first name was Hana, so she might have been Hana Cvijanović. But, I'm not sure. And I'm not that worried about finding out for sure, because she is far too young! (You all know my feelings about having very young skaters performing at competitions like this!

Firstly, the very young Croatian girl who opened the first half of the gala. And, I guessed right about her identity:

Hana Cvijanović Gala

Then, there is the Croatian girl that competed in the Ladies, and performed 2nd in the gala:

Mirna Librić Gala

Then, into the regulars:

Coomes/Buckland Gala
Peter Liebers Gala
Kavaguti/Smirnov Gala

Given the way they have numbered the videos, I am hoping that more will appear soon! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Don’t know why, by the person who uploaded the gala performances of the Ladies Medalists has uploaded them again, only each video is slightly shorter than the previous version (which is still online) :confused:

Tuktamysheva Gala
Sotnikova Gala
Kostner Gala

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given the way they have numbered the videos, I am hoping that more will appear soon!

this user is uploading the whole gala including the encores of the champions http://www.youtube.com/user/GutsuFan/videos?view=0

YES!!!! GutsuFan is the user that uploaded the videos I mentioned in the first half of my message this morning. I had a feeling that they were going to go on and upload the lot! ;) :biggrin:

Also, I have now got an answer to my question about who the girl wearing Fred Flintstone's suit was - Tena Copor !!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

THANK YOU GutsuFan!!!

CaroLiza_fan

seniorita

Record Breaker
And I was ready to write you that I have the program of the gala in my suitcase and will tell you as soon as I unpack :)