Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Custom Title
    I knew Max Aaron will do well, but not this well, I am stunned!

Custom Title
    No way! Josh is placed below Jeremy.

Jeremy is such a beautiful skater, but this is just wrong...

Congrats to Max and Ross... The judges did the right thing for once.

I thought josh should have been 2nd or 3rd....Ross and Max are going to get eaten up at worlds. So upset for Jeremy...honestly a coaching change might do him good.

Custom Title
    Jeremy is beyond making coaching changes. He's almost 28 now. The problem is all in his head.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    This happened before in 2011, so it's not actually that unexpected.
    I know, and Aaron was actually cleaner than Bradley was. But Bradley actually was a performer. Aaron landed everything effectively and backloaded the bananas out of this program, but this is a program that will score 6s internationally for it's choreography and transitions, not eights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    By "favored skater with a bad skate" do you mean Jeremy Abbott? Because nobody is saying that Jeremy should have been held up. I think it's valid to question Max Aaron's PCS without implying that another skater should have been held up.
    Exactly. The guy that was perfect was perfect to his abilities, but his abilities aren't the best. The overscoring alone on transitions and choreography handed this title to him, and when you add in the other PCS (three components above eight?) it's ridiculous.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I actually don't understand why USFSA didn't place Farris in front of Abbott if they were going to relegate him to 3rd place. If they were going to close the coffin, they may as well have nailed it shut while they were at it. I mean, I'm not seeing where Miner or Abbott outperformed what Farris did from a technical standpoint. Josh was better technically than both of them and I don't think Miner out-skated Farris on a PCS level either. :shuffle:
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-27-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Custom Title
    Reading the protocols is making my left eyebrow raise itself higher and higher.

I found Jeremy's program to be excruciatingly slow and boring, it needed some music changes, it is fine to have slow music but not through an entire program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Jeremy is beyond making coaching changes. He's almost 28 now. The problem is all in his head.
    Agreed. No need to go coach-shopping. If he can't deal with his competition demons by now, no coach or sports psychologist is going to cure him.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Enjoyed the skates I saw ... very happy for Ross! and I enjoyed Max Aaron, to me it's not like his program is completely empty except for the jumps -- he has some fun choreo moments, etc.

Enjoyed Farris and would've loved to have seen him third!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Reading the protocols is making my left eyebrow raise itself higher and higher.
    Can you be more specific?

ETA: I don't agree with the judges that Aaron's PCS should be higher than Farris's or Rippon's, or Brown's. That is definitely very wrong.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-27-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    So what are the chances that we could end up with only 1 spot for Sochi?
    Very very close to none. They'll get two, barring a disaster.

Custom Title
    Wouldn't Aaron and Ross have to combine for more then 28 to get only one spot?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I actually don't understand why USFSA didn't place Farris in front of Abbott if they were going to relegate him to 3rd place. If they were going to close the coffin, they may as well have nailed it shut while they were at it. I mean, I'm not seeing where Miner or Abbott outperformed what Farris did from a technical standpoint. Josh was better technically than both of them and I don't think Miner out-skated Farris on a PCS level either. :shuffle:
    Since when the panel of judges = USFSA???

Jeremy's problem is the quad. He doesn't have one. By opening with a certain fall he throws the whole program off. Leave off the quad, J., and instead concentrate on not doubling your triples.

I though Max Aaron had the best short program, too -- the most entertaining, anyway.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast