2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Yeah....he ain't Javier Fernandez. No idea what the USFS is thinking.

They were probably captivated by his groomed eyebrows. I know I was. USFSA is really rewarding on those 3-3sand 4s this Nationals, but Aaron really did turn out some gooood jumps.

So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?

:agree:

Last edited:

heyhey

On the Ice
Please get Sandra Bezic off my TV screen. Overall not a bad competition but boy - Max Aaron - really?

evangeline

Record Breaker

By "favored skater with a bad skate" do you mean Jeremy Abbott? Because nobody is saying that Jeremy should have been held up. I think it's valid to question Max Aaron's PCS without implying that another skater should have been held up.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Max brought it, and kicked the door open when it counted. He should not be faulted for skating at the limits of his abilities. The rest of them didn't, though Miner and Farris were pretty close to doing so. Max will go to Worlds as the US Champ, and let the chips fall where they may. Max's PCS were a little high but even knocking him back to 7's, wouldn't have made the difference in the result.

At this point, I'd send Ross Miner to Worlds also, as Jeremy just is too inconsistent and hasn't made a case that he'd place any better than Ross.

Last edited:
Crikey, being a Jeremy fan is like playing with live electrical wires. Crikey, what a heartbreak kid.

And yet watching him, one sees why he commands attention and admiration. He moves like a world-class athlete, with grace and conviction. But alas, that's not the Jeremy we usually get in competitions. When he chokes or whatever it is he does, his jumps wouldn't earn him a spot on the junior podium. I have to say, though, no one who beat Jeremy, not even jumping bean Max Aaron, has the goods to compete with the international guys, so I'm not looking at Aaron and saying "Whoopee! A star is born." So that's three American disciplines where we might as well not root for anyone for Worlds. Thank goodness for Patrick, Daisuke, Javi, and the others. American men's skating may be in a trough, but thank goodness world men's skating is exciting and rewarding to watch. Go, Daisuke!