2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So it's early --- but Wesley Campbell just brought it! :) He got a standing ovation. And he deserved it. He did all the jumps and he practically was flying on the ice.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Look at Wesley's Campell component score 72! Whew! Pretty good PCS for skating early.

MelissaG

Rinkside
Wesley Campbell's performance was just beautiful. I am not ashamed to say it brought tears to my eyes.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yes, absolutely beautiful. And I loved Wesley's reaction and the audience's reaction at the end of his performance. This type of performance and the feelings inspired are what figure skating truly is all about at its essence. Thanks to Wesley. I will enjoy re-watching his skate.

Harrison Choate did a good job, but I missed seeing Armin and most of Carriere.

:laugh: Mike Mancuso just now referenced "Honey Badger" in speaking about Keegan Messing, without citing the original source of the moniker. ;)

Art&Sport

Medalist
:laugh: Mike Weiss tripping all over himself to say "I'm not really a fan of sparkles, but Razzano's outfit looks clean and the colors match," or words to that effect. :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:laugh: Mike Mancuso just now referenced "Honey Badger" in speaking about Keegan Messing, without citing the original source of the moniker. ;)

they used it the other night, too, after referencing the source...

Art&Sport

Medalist
they used it the other night, too, after referencing the source...

That's good. I missed hearing it then the other night.

In the kiss 'n cry after his sp, Max Aaron also referenced something Johnny said last year about loving Max's eyebrows. :laugh: Clear indication of how memorable and lively Johnny's commentary was last year. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a great skate from Alexander Johnson! That was a gorgeous program.

Art&Sport

Medalist
he skated so beautifully. Who is his coach and choreographer?

Wiki lists Wesley's current coach as Laura Sanders. Various choreographers are listed. In the kiss 'n cry, Wesley and his coached thanked Cheryl for giving him his program. Perhaps he means Cheryl Franks?

Oh, Mike Weiss just indicated that Armin didn't "show up" with his performance -- but Armin seems to have received fairly good scores, as did Carriere who didn't skate so well I thought from the commentary I heard.

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, I hope this great skate trend continues. Perhaps the guys were inspired by many of the ladies' skates yesterday, particularly in the second to last group. :)

I wonder if Philip Warren and/ or Brandon Mroz will be chacked by NBC.

MasterB

Final Flight
Alex skates even better than he did at sectionals. That was awesome.

I wonder if the judges now regret giving him such a low score for the SP.

Art&Sport

Medalist
That's too bad, I had hoped Grant would be able to skate well to live up to his own expectations.

And Keegan doesn't perform his best either. :(

Last edited: