2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Dots

Final Flight
Ross and Max are good steady competitors. I actually don't worry about meltdowns when I watch those two...

All the best of luck guys!!!

4CC will give us a preview of how Max is recieved internationally!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
But what did he deliver exactly that earned him 79 for program component scores?

I do think his PCS scores are inflated, but I can't really object with the result. The guy skated two clean programs and with a lot of speed.

I don't agree with it totally and would have been happy if Ross had won instead, but I can't be outraged otherwise. Jeremy did not deliver.

KKonas

Medalist
So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?

LOL! It's called hypocracy. Good for Aaron. I interviewed him 2 years ago. His background is fascinating, dealing with a broken back. Gotta give him much credit for perseverence to pull off a skate like that. I have no problem with the results. Congrats. Aaron.

wallylutz

Medalist
So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?

Only some people, not everyone here is so blatant with their double-standard.

Dots

Final Flight
I think I am almost as excited as Max right now. I told him last week I tho't he could medal & he said he tho't a medal would be nice but I don't think either of us expected it to be gold this year. Excited for Ross too & glad to see Josh can pull his program back together after a fall. We need skaters who can focus & not fall apart after a mistake or two. Glad that Ricky could finish the last part of his free program strongly. And Jason? He is still breathtaking to watch. When he gets a consistent triple axle (& I see it coming in 2013) & a quad he'll become the John Curry of this era! Congratulations to all those who did well!

He's the type of champion you feel good about. His enthusiasm off the ice is refreshing.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So National champions should be named as per whether or not the international panels will kill them in scoring? That makes no sense. :confused::sarcasm:

You're absolutely correct. Those thoughts were independent for me.

It doesn't make any sense that Aaron is National Champion because I think he was overscored. Beyond that, I wouldn't have predicted THAT outcome, though that's due to my own shortsightedness I'm sure.

I think judges with those rules in mind, are going to be less likely to score him well. But more than that, we can't say that the judges should follow the rules when scoring and complain about so-called outrages when we ourselves turn a blind eye to those exact rules when it suits our purpose.

wallylutz

Medalist
Maybe if Jeremy had placed as high as Ashley did at Worlds last year, he may have had special treatment. But you just can't count on him to perform at the highest competitive standards. The US may just as well have Max and Ross, I don't think it makes a difference really.

Or maybe if Jeremy actually won some GP and went to the GPF, he can then claim, as Ashley did last night, "the good season really backed me up tonight."

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aaron beat all of Farris, Rippon, Brown, and Cassar in PCS. Did Tom Z. slip vodka to all the judges? I bet Chan is relieved he skates for Canada and not the USA. The US judges would have given the nod to Kevin Reynolds over Patrick last week. :eek:

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
What option did they have? Adopt Javier as an honorary American?

At this point, that is probably literally the only way in which the US has a chance to win 3 spots for the Olympics next year. :laugh:

But to be fair, I doubt that the US could win back 3 spots even if they sent Jeremy and Ross (or Jeremy and Josh, or Jeremy in general) to Worlds, so I guess we can't really accuse the USFS of pinning their hopes on the wrong set of ponies. Max and Ross should and will be sent to Worlds, and good for them.

wallylutz

Medalist
USFS should be announcing mens and womens teams within the next few hours, for 4CC, Worlds, Jr. Worlds. Wonder if we will see any surprises....

Nope, there won't be any phoenix rising from the ashes among the men, that you can take it to the bank. The U.S. Champion has an automatic entry to Worlds and by extension, 4CC, if he so choose to. Miner has done well internationally this season, more so than Jeremy, so he will not be dropped in favor of Jeremy who performed below expectations this year.

Oh, I like Scott. Every triple Salchow is the greatest triple Salchow in the world, the very model for triple Salchows everywhere, the triple Salchow to end all triple Salchows! :yes: