Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Max Aaron, US National Champion....

That makes no sense

The international panels will slaughter him.
    This happened before in 2011, so it's not actually that unexpected.

So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Yeah....he ain't Javier Fernandez. No idea what the USFS is thinking.
    They were probably captivated by his groomed eyebrows. I know I was. USFSA is really rewarding on those 3-3sand 4s this Nationals, but Aaron really did turn out some gooood jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?
    Last edited by aftertherain; 01-27-2013 at 04:56 PM.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Joshua Farris

3A+3T
    4T - fall
    3Lz+2T
    CSSp
    StSq
    FCSp
    3A
    ChSq
    3F
    3Lo
    3F+2T+2Lo
    3S
    CCoSp

Good work, Josh! Let's see how this places.

Custom Title
    Please get Sandra Bezic off my TV screen. Overall not a bad competition but boy - Max Aaron - really?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    By "favored skater with a bad skate" do you mean Jeremy Abbott? Because nobody is saying that Jeremy should have been held up. I think it's valid to question Max Aaron's PCS without implying that another skater should have been held up.

Custom Title
    Wow Josh is the best skater overall for me.

Custom Title
    Max brought it, and kicked the door open when it counted. He should not be faulted for skating at the limits of his abilities. The rest of them didn't, though Miner and Farris were pretty close to doing so. Max will go to Worlds as the US Champ, and let the chips fall where they may. Max's PCS were a little high but even knocking him back to 7's, wouldn't have made the difference in the result.

At this point, I'd send Ross Miner to Worlds also, as Jeremy just is too inconsistent and hasn't made a case that he'd place any better than Ross.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-27-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Custom Title
    Crikey, being a Jeremy fan is like playing with live electrical wires. Crikey, what a heartbreak kid.

And yet watching him, one sees why he commands attention and admiration. He moves like a world-class athlete, with grace and conviction. But alas, that's not the Jeremy we usually get in competitions. When he chokes or whatever it is he does, his jumps wouldn't earn him a spot on the junior podium. I have to say, though, no one who beat Jeremy, not even jumping bean Max Aaron, has the goods to compete with the international guys, so I'm not looking at Aaron and saying "Whoopee! A star is born." So that's three American disciplines where we might as well not root for anyone for Worlds. Thank goodness for Patrick, Daisuke, Javi, and the others. American men's skating may be in a trough, but thank goodness world men's skating is exciting and rewarding to watch. Go, Daisuke!

Custom Title
    If only Jeremy hadn't doubled the 3L, he would've been 2nd. Oh Jeremy why, why....

Custom Title
    In this case, Russia Fed would send Farris to 4CC instead of Abbott...

Custom Title
    So what are the chances that we could end up with only 1 spot for Sochi?

Sigh, Jeremy. I've rooted for you but I don't know what else can be done at this point. He has so much talent and could have been one of the best, if not the best, in the world, but I just don't know anymore. The plus side is that the U.S has a lot of talented young men that I think will be real contenders after Sochi.

Custom Title
    Can't wait for Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Max brought it, and kicked the door open when it counted. He should not be faulted for skating at the limits of his abilities. The rest of them didn't, though Miner and Farris were pretty close to doing so. Max will go to Worlds as the US Champ, and let the chips fall where they may.

At this point, I'd send Ross Miner to Worlds also, as Jeremy just is too inconsistent and hasn't made a case that he'd place any better than Ross.
    ITA. As much as I like Jeremy, he didn't skate well enough to go to Worlds. I predict Ross will be the highest-placing finisher for the US men at Worlds, but he and Max Aaron will not place well enough to get the US 3 spots for the Olympics. 2 spots should be fine, though.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast