2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Dots

Final Flight
I get the feeling jeremy Abbott will be the Tonia Kwiatkowski/Angela Nikodinov of this quadrenial. :no:

Anyway, can't wait for 4CC!

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, Russian Fed managed to pull it off, so can the USA. ;)

Well I actually think this is more likely to happen with a team of Abbott/Max than it is a team with Max/Miner. I think Miner can be counted on to place at least top 12 (which is what we need, right?) Jeremy is all over the place.

wallylutz

Medalist
Well I actually think this is more likely to happen with a team of Abbott/Max than it is a team with Max/Miner. I think Miner can be counted on to place at least top 12 (which is what we need, right?) Jeremy is all over the place.

Honestly, I don't think this team needs to worry about losing a spot. Both men are fairly solid and consistent this year. Sure, not podium worthy yet but unlikely to pull off a Gachinski either.

bixby

Final Flight
There will always be people who will agree or disagree with the results in almost all of the competitions. Whether it's nationals or at world stage. But every competition is different and therefore there's really no use of comparing. Many can't celebrate the success of others simply because it doesn't match or it doesn't fit in to their expectations or satisfactions.

Congrats to all the podium finishers!!!

kimganos

On the Ice
Congrats to all of the medalists! Alexander Johnson and Wesley Campbell had beautiful skates today. Really enjoyed watching them.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Honestly, I don't think this team needs to worry about losing a spot. Both men are fairly solid and consistent this year. Sure, not podium worthy yet but unlikely to pull off a Gachinski either.

I do think this team is solid, but I think Abbott is certainly capable of pulling a Gachinski (either way). At this point I think giving the young kid some experience is a good idea for USFSA's long term future....And sending Miner who is reliable is too. I frankly thought Farris was the one who really got hosed. Although I find Farris a bit boring. Still the most likely of the top USA four to be a champ.

I actually do love Abbott's skating and would love for him to pull a Kostner and get his act full together...But Kostner's "act together" didn't happen magically after a mess of a season... It happened over the course of two season of more consistent like performances)... I think the USFSA is smart to tell Abbott to either get i together-or go home.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought Josh should have won bronze at least. His free skate was miles better than Jeremy's. But he looked so happy, so I'm happy for him.

Sad that Jason didn't have a good skate, but no doubt he's happy to have improved his finishing position once again and is off bouncing and smiling somewhere.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

If both skaters make the free program, then the top skater can place no lower than 12th. If one misses the long, then the remaining skater needs to be top 10.

becalc said:
I think the USFSA is smart to tell Abbott to either get i together-or go home.

I don't think USFS is telling Abbott anything. He skated badly. He got a low score. I don't see a "message" there.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought Josh should have won bronze at least. His free skate was miles better than Jeremy's. But he looked so happy, so I'm happy for him.

Sad that Jason didn't have a good skate, but no doubt he's happy to have improved his finishing position once again and is off bouncing and smiling somewhere.

Actually I think he did OK. I think he's happy that he's tried 3 3As between his two programs and he got one of them ratified in the long and tried out the 3A-3T with just UR. And he'll be going to Jr. Worlds so he'll get to do them again.

I really do love the relationships he has with Kori and I'm excited he's moving with her to Colorado Springs -- then Josh and Jason can do their fanboying of each other in person. ;)

Speaking of Josh -- what a great effort from him. He should be quite proud.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually I think he did OK. I think he's happy that he's tried 3 3As between his two programs and he got one of them ratified in the long and tried out the 3A-3T with just UR. And he'll be going to Jr. Worlds so he'll get to do them again.

I really do love the relationships he has with Kori and I'm excited he's moving with her to Colorado Springs -- then Josh and Jason can do their fanboying of each other in person. ;)

Speaking of Josh -- what a great effort from him. He should be quite proud.

I'm quite devastated - I miscalculated the time and then my internet wouldn't connect, so I actually missed Jason. I was making :( faces at his score/falls though when I read about them.

I'm sure when Josh and Jason live near each other and train at the same rinks, the fanboying level will be through the roof. :laugh:

Josh was mega. I was in a trance watching him I swear. Apart from the fall, that's the best performance of that program from him, without question.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm quite devastated - I miscalculated the time and then my internet wouldn't connect, so I actually missed Jason. I was making :( faces at his score/falls though when I read about them.

I'm sure when Josh and Jason live near each other and train at the same rinks, the fanboying level will be through the roof. :laugh:

Josh was mega. I was in a trance watching him I swear. Apart from the fall, that's the best performance of that program from him, without question.

The falls weren't that bad. One of them was silly, on the 3Z after doing that beautiful i-spiral transition into it; the other was on the second 3A. But he did pull of the 3Z-1L-3S combo, so he has that in his arsenal now. And he got nice + GOE on several elements.

I have to admit I wasn't much of a Josh fan before, but he really impressed me this weekend. I hope Josh and Jason kill it at Jr. Worlds!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok I asked earlier, but never got an answer how/what did Keegan do? haven't seen the final results.

Eislauf

On the Ice
I found Jeremy's program to be excruciatingly slow and boring, it needed some music changes, it is fine to have slow music but not through an entire program.

Agree completely. It was slow depressing music...a slow depressing program. I thought Jeremy's on-ice persona of the sensitive, tortured soul was so over-wrought and self-involved. He's such a gorgeous, fluid skater but the music, choreography, performance - even his outfit - were all downers.

Also - yes Jeremy was understandably disappointed/upset by his free skate but it was surprising not to see him demonstrate some good sportsmanship and immediately congratulate Max and Ross. Why was he sulking in public, completely self-absorbed, when the results were final? I'll never forget watching Michelle Kwan after the Olympic gold medal had slipped through her hands for the second time. She was poised and smiling on the Olympic podium and also when interviewed afterwards. She was mature, professional and tried to be positive about her performance, even if she was dying on the inside.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker

If you have Universal Sports I think they are going to rebroadcast both ladies & mens LPs tonight. About Jason's FP...it was breathtaking even with falls. He brings back memories for me of the great beauty of John Curry's skating. I think Jason's triple axle will become consistent this year & I look forward to watching him develop.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you have Universal Sports I think they are going to rebroadcast both ladies & mens LPs tonight. About Jason's FP...it was breathtaking even with falls. He brings back memories for me of the great beauty of John Curry's skating. I think Jason's triple axle will become consistent this year & I look forward to watching him develop.

Australian :(

I can't wait to see his LP now. I love his Liebestraume. If there was a program I could happily see a skater keep for two or three seasons, that's it.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Josh was good but he needs better choreography. He did so much arm reaching. I wasn't sure what he was trying to grab and bring close to his body.