Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    But unlike Ryan Bradley, Max Aaron delivered. Bradley actually skated a very flawed FS and won on the strength of his SP. Max only made one error in spinning out of the 3A in the FS and did two very solid programs.

I bet Ross will be hitting himself on the head for missing that 3A. But he seem like he was a good sport -- I think he's happy he's going to Worlds.
    But what did he deliver exactly that earned him 79 for program component scores? According to this group of judges, Jeremy is about 1 point per component better than Max Aaron.

Good news: Jason Brown's first 3A was ratified (though the 3T was called UR).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    Question for you guys - if consistency is what you are looking for - would you rather have Evan back for Sochi - with triples for the team event?
    Evan? Um, not really.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    But unlike Ryan Bradley, Max Aaron delivered. Bradley actually skated a very flawed FS and won on the strength of his SP. Max only made one error in spinning out of the 3A in the FS and did two very solid programs.

I bet Ross will be hitting himself on the head for missing that 3A. But he seem like he was a good sport -- I think he's happy he's going to Worlds.
    Yes, but my point is that both Max's and Ryan's PCS were inflated beyond all sense.

But...whatever. What's done is done. Let the chips fall where they may at Worlds. Congratulations to Max and I hope he performs as well as he did tonight at Worlds.

I think I am almost as excited as Max right now. I told him last week I tho't he could medal & he said he tho't a medal would be nice but I don't think either of us expected it to be gold this year. Excited for Ross too & glad to see Josh can pull his program back together after a fall. We need skaters who can focus & not fall apart after a mistake or two. Glad that Ricky could finish the last part of his free program strongly. And Jason? He is still breathtaking to watch. When he gets a consistent triple axle (& I see it coming in 2013) & a quad he'll become the John Curry of this era! Congratulations to all those who did well!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Max Aaron, US National Champion....

That makes no sense

The international panels will slaughter him.
    I wonder if he can beat Kevin Reynolds at the 4CC.

Custom Title
    Ross and Max are good steady competitors. I actually don't worry about meltdowns when I watch those two...

All the best of luck guys!!!

4CC will give us a preview of how Max is recieved internationally!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Yeah....he ain't Javier Fernandez. No idea what the USFS is thinking.
    Men's competition has always been cut-throat, 10 times more so than ladies, who can win with only 2 clean Triples.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I wonder if he can beat Kevin Reynolds at the 4CC.
    Yes, I think he can beat Reynolds. And for international exposure, USFS needs to send Aaron to 4CC.

But what did he deliver exactly that earned him 79 for program component scores?
    I do think his PCS scores are inflated, but I can't really object with the result. The guy skated two clean programs and with a lot of speed.

I don't agree with it totally and would have been happy if Ross had won instead, but I can't be outraged otherwise. Jeremy did not deliver.

Max Aaron, US National Champion....

That makes no sense

The international panels will slaughter him.
    So National champions should be named as per whether or not the international panels will kill them in scoring? That makes no sense.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?
    LOL! It's called hypocracy. Good for Aaron. I interviewed him 2 years ago. His background is fascinating, dealing with a broken back. Gotta give him much credit for perseverence to pull off a skate like that. I have no problem with the results. Congrats. Aaron.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    So why are we complaining that a favored skater with a bad skate was not held up when we are in another thread crucifying the skater and system for winning with a flawwed skate. Why do the ladies have to be perfect and not the men to be champion?
    Only some people, not everyone here is so blatant with their double-standard.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I think I am almost as excited as Max right now. I told him last week I tho't he could medal & he said he tho't a medal would be nice but I don't think either of us expected it to be gold this year. Excited for Ross too & glad to see Josh can pull his program back together after a fall. We need skaters who can focus & not fall apart after a mistake or two. Glad that Ricky could finish the last part of his free program strongly. And Jason? He is still breathtaking to watch. When he gets a consistent triple axle (& I see it coming in 2013) & a quad he'll become the John Curry of this era! Congratulations to all those who did well!
    He's the type of champion you feel good about. His enthusiasm off the ice is refreshing.
    Last edited by Dots; 01-27-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Yes, I think he can beat Reynolds. And for international exposure, USFS needs to send Aaron to 4CC.
    Even though Reynolds have 5 Quads, 2 in the SP and 3 in the LP, plus 3 years of experience at World Championships?

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast