Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Yeah....he ain't Javier Fernandez. No idea what the USFS is thinking.
    What option did they have? Adopt Javier as an honorary American?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Very very close to none. They'll get two, barring a disaster.
    Well, Russian Fed managed to pull it off, so can the USA.

Custom Title
    Lmao!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    So National champions should be named as per whether or not the international panels will kill them in scoring? That makes no sense.
    You're absolutely correct. Those thoughts were independent for me.

It doesn't make any sense that Aaron is National Champion because I think he was overscored. Beyond that, I wouldn't have predicted THAT outcome, though that's due to my own shortsightedness I'm sure.

I think judges with those rules in mind, are going to be less likely to score him well. But more than that, we can't say that the judges should follow the rules when scoring and complain about so-called outrages when we ourselves turn a blind eye to those exact rules when it suits our purpose.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    Maybe if Jeremy had placed as high as Ashley did at Worlds last year, he may have had special treatment. But you just can't count on him to perform at the highest competitive standards. The US may just as well have Max and Ross, I don't think it makes a difference really.
    Or maybe if Jeremy actually won some GP and went to the GPF, he can then claim, as Ashley did last night, "the good season really backed me up tonight."

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Aaron beat all of Farris, Rippon, Brown, and Cassar in PCS. Did Tom Z. slip vodka to all the judges? I bet Chan is relieved he skates for Canada and not the USA. The US judges would have given the nod to Kevin Reynolds over Patrick last week.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-27-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What option did they have? Adopt Javier as an honorary American?
    At this point, that is probably literally the only way in which the US has a chance to win 3 spots for the Olympics next year.

But to be fair, I doubt that the US could win back 3 spots even if they sent Jeremy and Ross (or Jeremy and Josh, or Jeremy in general) to Worlds, so I guess we can't really accuse the USFS of pinning their hopes on the wrong set of ponies. Max and Ross should and will be sent to Worlds, and good for them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    I would be SO, SO, SO grateful if I never ever had to hear another single solitary word of commentary from Scott Hamilton. He's ruining my memories of 1980 and 1984 Olys. Retire already, Scott, and enjoy life.
    You and me both, jeez!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    USFS should be announcing mens and womens teams within the next few hours, for 4CC, Worlds, Jr. Worlds. Wonder if we will see any surprises....
    Nope, there won't be any phoenix rising from the ashes among the men, that you can take it to the bank. The U.S. Champion has an automatic entry to Worlds and by extension, 4CC, if he so choose to. Miner has done well internationally this season, more so than Jeremy, so he will not be dropped in favor of Jeremy who performed below expectations this year.

Oh, I like Scott. Every triple Salchow is the greatest triple Salchow in the world, the very model for triple Salchows everywhere, the triple Salchow to end all triple Salchows!

Custom Title
    I get the feeling jeremy Abbott will be the Tonia Kwiatkowski/Angela Nikodinov of this quadrenial.

Anyway, can't wait for 4CC!

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Well, Russian Fed managed to pull it off, so can the USA.
    Well I actually think this is more likely to happen with a team of Abbott/Max than it is a team with Max/Miner. I think Miner can be counted on to place at least top 12 (which is what we need, right?) Jeremy is all over the place.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Well I actually think this is more likely to happen with a team of Abbott/Max than it is a team with Max/Miner. I think Miner can be counted on to place at least top 12 (which is what we need, right?) Jeremy is all over the place.
    Honestly, I don't think this team needs to worry about losing a spot. Both men are fairly solid and consistent this year. Sure, not podium worthy yet but unlikely to pull off a Gachinski either.

Custom Title
    There will always be people who will agree or disagree with the results in almost all of the competitions. Whether it's nationals or at world stage. But every competition is different and therefore there's really no use of comparing. Many can't celebrate the success of others simply because it doesn't match or it doesn't fit in to their expectations or satisfactions.

Congrats to all the podium finishers!!!

Medalist
    Congrats to all of the medalists! Alexander Johnson and Wesley Campbell had beautiful skates today. Really enjoyed watching them.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast