Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 455

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

  1. #226
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Honestly, I don't think this team needs to worry about losing a spot. Both men are fairly solid and consistent this year. Sure, not podium worthy yet but unlikely to pull off a Gachinski either.
    I do think this team is solid, but I think Abbott is certainly capable of pulling a Gachinski (either way). At this point I think giving the young kid some experience is a good idea for USFSA's long term future....And sending Miner who is reliable is too. I frankly thought Farris was the one who really got hosed. Although I find Farris a bit boring. Still the most likely of the top USA four to be a champ.

    I actually do love Abbott's skating and would love for him to pull a Kostner and get his act full together...But Kostner's "act together" didn't happen magically after a mess of a season... It happened over the course of two season of more consistent like performances)... I think the USFSA is smart to tell Abbott to either get i together-or go home.

  2. #227
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,609
    I thought Josh should have won bronze at least. His free skate was miles better than Jeremy's. But he looked so happy, so I'm happy for him.

    Sad that Jason didn't have a good skate, but no doubt he's happy to have improved his finishing position once again and is off bouncing and smiling somewhere.

  3. #228
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Well I actually think this is more likely to happen with a team of Abbott/Max than it is a team with Max/Miner. I think Miner can be counted on to place at least top 12 (which is what we need, right?) Jeremy is all over the place.
    If both skaters make the free program, then the top skater can place no lower than 12th. If one misses the long, then the remaining skater needs to be top 10.

  4. #229
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,180
    Quote Originally Posted by becalc
    I think the USFSA is smart to tell Abbott to either get i together-or go home.
    I don't think USFS is telling Abbott anything. He skated badly. He got a low score. I don't see a "message" there.

  5. #230
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I don't think USFS is telling Abbott anything. He skated badly. He got a low score. I don't see a "message" there.
    I think there is. They aren't protecting him, like they are protecting Ashley....

  6. #231
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I thought Josh should have won bronze at least. His free skate was miles better than Jeremy's. But he looked so happy, so I'm happy for him.

    Sad that Jason didn't have a good skate, but no doubt he's happy to have improved his finishing position once again and is off bouncing and smiling somewhere.
    Actually I think he did OK. I think he's happy that he's tried 3 3As between his two programs and he got one of them ratified in the long and tried out the 3A-3T with just UR. And he'll be going to Jr. Worlds so he'll get to do them again.

    I really do love the relationships he has with Kori and I'm excited he's moving with her to Colorado Springs -- then Josh and Jason can do their fanboying of each other in person.

    Speaking of Josh -- what a great effort from him. He should be quite proud.

  7. #232
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Actually I think he did OK. I think he's happy that he's tried 3 3As between his two programs and he got one of them ratified in the long and tried out the 3A-3T with just UR. And he'll be going to Jr. Worlds so he'll get to do them again.

    I really do love the relationships he has with Kori and I'm excited he's moving with her to Colorado Springs -- then Josh and Jason can do their fanboying of each other in person.

    Speaking of Josh -- what a great effort from him. He should be quite proud.
    I'm quite devastated - I miscalculated the time and then my internet wouldn't connect, so I actually missed Jason. I was making :( faces at his score/falls though when I read about them.

    I'm sure when Josh and Jason live near each other and train at the same rinks, the fanboying level will be through the roof.

    Josh was mega. I was in a trance watching him I swear. Apart from the fall, that's the best performance of that program from him, without question.

  8. #233
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I'm quite devastated - I miscalculated the time and then my internet wouldn't connect, so I actually missed Jason. I was making :( faces at his score/falls though when I read about them.

    I'm sure when Josh and Jason live near each other and train at the same rinks, the fanboying level will be through the roof.

    Josh was mega. I was in a trance watching him I swear. Apart from the fall, that's the best performance of that program from him, without question.
    The falls weren't that bad. One of them was silly, on the 3Z after doing that beautiful i-spiral transition into it; the other was on the second 3A. But he did pull of the 3Z-1L-3S combo, so he has that in his arsenal now. And he got nice + GOE on several elements.

    I have to admit I wasn't much of a Josh fan before, but he really impressed me this weekend. I hope Josh and Jason kill it at Jr. Worlds!

  9. #234
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,662
    ok I asked earlier, but never got an answer how/what did Keegan do? haven't seen the final results.

  10. #235
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ok I asked earlier, but never got an answer how/what did Keegan do? haven't seen the final results.
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...0/results.html

    Not his best day. But he did do a lovely quad!

  11. #236
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    I found Jeremy's program to be excruciatingly slow and boring, it needed some music changes, it is fine to have slow music but not through an entire program.
    Agree completely. It was slow depressing music...a slow depressing program. I thought Jeremy's on-ice persona of the sensitive, tortured soul was so over-wrought and self-involved. He's such a gorgeous, fluid skater but the music, choreography, performance - even his outfit - were all downers.

    Also - yes Jeremy was understandably disappointed/upset by his free skate but it was surprising not to see him demonstrate some good sportsmanship and immediately congratulate Max and Ross. Why was he sulking in public, completely self-absorbed, when the results were final? I'll never forget watching Michelle Kwan after the Olympic gold medal had slipped through her hands for the second time. She was poised and smiling on the Olympic podium and also when interviewed afterwards. She was mature, professional and tried to be positive about her performance, even if she was dying on the inside.
    Last edited by Eislauf; 01-29-2013 at 07:18 PM.

  12. #237
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    72
    similar to Miria having to be dragged out of the kiss and cry.....

  13. #238
    Custom Title merrywidow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,393
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I'm quite devastated - I miscalculated the time and then my internet wouldn't connect, so I actually missed Jason. I was making :( faces at his score/falls though when I read about them.

    I'm sure when Josh and Jason live near each other and train at the same rinks, the fanboying level will be through the roof.

    Josh was mega. I was in a trance watching him I swear. Apart from the fall, that's the best performance of that program from him, without question.

    If you have Universal Sports I think they are going to rebroadcast both ladies & mens LPs tonight. About Jason's FP...it was breathtaking even with falls. He brings back memories for me of the great beauty of John Curry's skating. I think Jason's triple axle will become consistent this year & I look forward to watching him develop.

  14. #239
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    If you have Universal Sports I think they are going to rebroadcast both ladies & mens LPs tonight. About Jason's FP...it was breathtaking even with falls. He brings back memories for me of the great beauty of John Curry's skating. I think Jason's triple axle will become consistent this year & I look forward to watching him develop.
    Australian :(

    I can't wait to see his LP now. I love his Liebestraume. If there was a program I could happily see a skater keep for two or three seasons, that's it.

  15. #240
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I thought Josh should have won bronze at least. His free skate was miles better than Jeremy's. But he looked so happy, so I'm happy for him.
    Josh was good but he needs better choreography. He did so much arm reaching. I wasn't sure what he was trying to grab and bring close to his body.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •