Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Men LP

Custom Title
    Aaron was the best in the long. He wasn't the best in the short.

Custom Title
    There are many of us who are drooling over Johnson's Freeskate, and mostly is due to his beatiful cheoreagraphy. I think its only fair that we equally drool over Max beatiful jumps.

Custom Title
    I think Alexander's jumps are executed beautifully and his movement is beautiful so it's more than the choreo. .

On the Ice
    I agree Lavander about alex's jumps .I also want to say how much I love Aaron! He reminds me of a young Yagudin( sp?).

Johnson will need a quad to be competitive. He isn't as great as Jason Brown who just needs a consistent triple axle to move into contention at nationals.

Custom Title
    Love Jason too so I have two that I can follow and truly enjoy. I also kind of like Joshua but that's it.
    Aaron doesn't remind me of an artisic Yagudin...he's more of an Elvis imo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I think Alexander's jumps are executed beautifully and his movement is beautiful so it's more than the choreo. .
    Yes, I agree the jumps that he did were great, but nothing different than most of the other guys. The fact that he had a well choreagraphed program, with simple costuming that showed his perfect line and hit all the jumps that he planned with the exemption of the missed combo in the middle of the program, was magnificent in itself.

Now that he found consistancy I hope to see more of him, at least for the next several years. I know he is only 22, so barring injury he can still compete until his late 20's.

For Max, I don't think the best choreagrapher in the world can help him in that department. He is just not built like a dnacer and thats okay, I respect his massive jumps and he should build on that. He needs to keep skating to music that suits him, like west side story (as much as I don't care for it). For next year he will need to be very strategic in his music choice. If jumps is the only thing he can bring to the table then I say, bring them all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Johnson will need a quad to be competitive. He isn't as great as Jason Brown who just needs a consistent triple axle to move into contention at nationals.
    Lets not fool ourselves, they all need the quad to be competitive. However, they all don't need the quad to leave an impression in our hearts. Jason, Jonathan, Alex, and Adam are all capable of creating magical numbers with only a triple axel. Has anyone seen the Cassar's Schindler's list number from a few years ago, that was supreme, and he had nowhere near a 3-axel.

On the Ice
    Love Jason too so I have two that I can follow and truly enjoy. I also kind of like Joshua but that's it.
    Aaron doesn't remind me of an artisic Yagudin...he's more of an Elvis imo.
    Not an artistc but a YOUNG Yagudin. Like Elvis? I can't see that.

Medalist
    Yes, a quad is essential these days. Jason wouldn't be the first current skater to do well despite having a so-so 3A, but a good quad is extremely important both in terms of BV and the respect one gets from the judges. The past few years have made that very clear. Jason will need it if he is to ever rise to the top.
    Last edited by Riemann; 01-28-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Re: Aaron: Wonderful jumps, but he has the worst presentation skills of any National champ I can remember. He completely half-assed the little bit of choreography that he did have. Had he been scored correctly in PCS, Miner would have won.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Okay they really need to send Alexander Johnson on some gp assignments. Give this guy some exposure. Seriously why wasn't his long scored higher. Is he slow in person or something.
    OMG! I feel robbed that I had to sit through the likes of Brandon Mrozzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sunday afternoon instead of getting to see this exquisite young man on my television. IMO, I feel his LP should have been scored even higher than Rippon's and Dornbush's than it was. Having to skate so early though, the judges held back his PCS. I really hope Alexander progresses and we see much more of him in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Re: Aaron: Wonderful jumps, but he has the worst presentation skills of any National champ I can remember. He completely half-assed the little bit of choreography that he did have. Had he been scored correctly in PCS, Miner would have won.
    Team Tom and Becky obviously don't care in developing the artistic side of their skaters. Thank goodness Abbott and Farris fled that scene.

Custom Title
    Certainly I'm not outraged over Max's win. He was mighty and he deserved it. I'm worried that it may have created unrealistic expectations - no Worlds judge in their right mind is going to give him 9s in PCS.

I'm still cranky that Josh Farris was held down in favour of headcase Jeremy. No way should he have come in behind Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Certainly I'm not outraged over Max's win. He was mighty and he deserved it. I'm worried that it may have created unrealistic expectations - no Worlds judge in their right mind is going to give him 9s in PCS.

I'm still cranky that Josh Farris was held down in favour of headcase Jeremy. No way should he have come in behind Jeremy.
    I think a legitimate case could have been made that Farris deserved silver ahead of Miner, but no way would USFSA send 2 complete newbies to Senior Worlds. Plus, I don't think Josh ever planned it in his hand of cards to be a member of the senior World team. He had talked all season long about wanting to go to Junior Worlds and hopefully win the title there.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast