Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The most handsome male skaters nowadays

Custom Title

The most handsome male skaters nowadays

Well, we had a thread for the girls, why not the boys?

So let's have some opinions and thoughts - who are the best looking guys in figure skating today?

My shortlist (it's quite short):

- Artur Gachinski: Sure, he has the same golden hair and pale eyes as every other Russian Male Skater Clone. But he's got something about his face that puts him above the rest. Especially when he smiles. Wish he did that more often.

- Joshua Farris: Okay, so the guy's barely eighteen. But he's grown up really handsome over the last couple of years! Tall and dark and handsome and shy.

- Jason Brown: He might not meet your conventional definition of handsome, but he's just so cute and smiley all the time!

I could go on about Ilia Kulik and Alexander Abt and so on, but you know, that might bore people.

Custom Title
    Oh, goody! A thread about the guys.

Charlie White, of course, and Adam Rippon even without his curls. I like this Philip Warren, whom I just saw today in Nationals. I echo you in sighing over Ilia Kulik, and I add Yagudin.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    and I add Yagudin.
    You are a very, very, very smart person.

Custom Title
    Those blue eyes make me smarter and smarter every time I get a glimpse of them.

If I was young again I'd be weak in the knees over Max Aaron. I think Ross Miner is good looking.

^ I agree on both counts, plus Charlie White, Adam Rippon, Javier Fernandez ...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Ahhhhhhhh yes, Javier!!!

Custom Title
    The Javier line forms right here.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    - Jason Brown: He might not meet your conventional definition of handsome, but he's just so cute and smiley all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Charlie White
    Eye candy at the Omaha airport:
    [And the guy with glasses doesn't look bad either. ]

Custom Title
    Very nice photo!

Brian Joubert is really good-looking. That's why he can get away with some truly ludicrous outfits.

I think that the French and Italian guys tend to be quite handsome: I like Luca Lanotte, and when he's not too scruffy, Fabian Bourzat. Matteo Guarise and Ondrej Hotarek both look great, as does Morgan Cipres (James/Cipres are probably the hottest pair currently competing). Lloyd Jones's looks were vastly improved by cutting his hair; would that Charlie White did the same.

Also, I voted for Robin Szolkowy in the most recent PSOTY poll on FSU.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Fabian

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Brian Joubert is really good-looking. That's why he can get away with some truly ludicrous outfits.

I think that the French and Italian guys tend to be quite handsome: I like Luca Lanotte, and when he's not too scruffy, Fabian Bourzat. Matteo Guarise and Ondrej Hotarek both look great, as does Morgan Cipres (James/Cipres are probably the hottest pair currently competing). Lloyd Jones's looks were vastly improved by cutting his hair; would that Charlie White did the same.

Also, I voted for Robin Szolkowy in the most recent PSOTY poll on FSU.
    Guarise is gorgeous, but I don't tend to like such avant-garde hair. Definitely Bourzat is on my list, and Szolkowy. There's also something in the way Robin Szolkowy carries himself as he skates, but then, he and Aliona are my favorite pair at the moment.

Not related to looks, but I realize with some surprise that except for Meryl and Charlie, my favorite skaters in all the disciplines are not from my own country.

Custom Title
    Joubert
    Fernandez
    Dornbush
    Brezina
    Verner
    KVDP
    Kovtun
    Hino
    Warren
    Farris
    Miner
    Song
    Lysacek

Rinkside
    can't believe nobody's mentioned Takahashi yet. He's absolutely gorgeous.
    Brian Joubert - his competitiveness may have gone downhill, but he's lost none of his charm.
    Alexei Yagudin - that face was destined to belong to a champion. He's got that sort of pride and regality that makes you believe in him.
    Jeffrey Buttle - the golden boy with the dazzling smile
    Evan Lysacek - when he ditches the stifling hair gel he's actually quite cuddly-looking

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast