Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The most handsome male skaters nowadays

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcome to Golden Skate Schismadoodle!

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Given that I'm a straight guy, I never thought I would be posting in this thread! But, given Schismadoodle's comment, this seems the most appropriate place to bring up an observation I made at the 4CC!

Quote Originally Posted by Schismadoodle View Post
    can't believe nobody's mentioned Takahashi yet. He's absolutely gorgeous.
    You know the Japanese girl that on Friday was manning the gate that the skaters used to leave the ice. Well, I was keeping an eye on her… largely because I thought she was really fit!

Anyway, after Takahashi did his Short Programme, he came off the ice and put the guard on his blades as usual. But, as he was walking away towards the results area, I noticed the girl on the gate was checking him out!

As far as I noticed, she didn’t actually check anybody else out throughout the day! So, you’re clearly not the only person to appreciate Daisuke!

Now, I should add, when Dylan Moscovitch was coming off the ice after the Pairs Free, he had a conversation with the girl on the gate. But, this was a different girl to the one that was eyeing up Daisuke!

Finally, this is officially the 100th message I’ve posted on this forum! (It is actually the 102nd, as I posted 2 comments in a thread that has since been removed. But, that’s just a minor detail!)

I really wasn't expecting me to reach this milestone in a thread about handsome guys!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Congratulations on your 100th post!!

Banned
    Javier Fernandez
    Andrew Poje
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    Charlie White
    Maxim Trankov
    Maxim Kovtun
    Morgan Cipres
    Jeremy Abbott
    Richard Dornbush

Custom Title
    Going to add, since US Nationals I've developed quite the crush on Max Aaron, and Ross Miner is just adorable.

Alexei Yagudin
    Stephane Lambiel
    Brian Joubert
    Andrew Poje
    Maxim Trankov

Custom Title
    I think these are the guys whose looks will be noticed by the ladies even outside the skating world:

Brian Joubert
    Evan Lysacek
    Javier Fernandez
    Stephane Lambiel

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I think these are the guys whose looks will be noticed by the ladies even outside the skating world:

Evan Lysacek
    The first time I saw Evan Lysacek I was a lady outside the skating world. I squealed in horror and covered my eyes.

Too much fake tan, too much gloop in the hair making it look greasy, the black onesie with sparkle snakes and an awful lot of self-touching that was just creepy.

Custom Title
    Seriously? I thought Lysacek was one of those guys that pretty much everyone agreed was hot/handsome, kind of like Joubert. That guy seriously can't take a bad photograph!

But the most handsome guy at US Nationals was Phillip Warren. Now he just needs a quad then he can be our new star, because he's so goodlooking, and entertaining, and already has some pretty massive jumps.

Custom Title
    I agreed with Karne about Even until I saw him live on SOI Canada, when he looked quite all right. My top pick though is Kulik, followed by Lambiel, and Joubert.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Seriously? I thought Lysacek was one of those guys that pretty much everyone agreed was hot/handsome, kind of like Joubert. That guy seriously can't take a bad photograph!
    Oh, he's taken plenty of those. That said, when he lays off the tanning and the hair product (seriously, skaters, leave the gel alone unless you're Daisuke Takahashi), Evan's a good looking guy. Not as handsome as some of the French and Italian skaters I mentioned upthread (Joubert looks like he's posing for an ad here, Cipres is very nice to look at, and Hotarek was a lovely addition to the Euros podium), but certainly easy on the eyes.

There are so many good looking men competing these days it would take me all day to list them all. So I will break it down to
    a few men who are currently competing and IMO exude Drop Dead Gorgeousness on the Ice, in no particular order:

Brian J.
    Daisuke T.
    Luca L.
    Fabian B.
    Robin S.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 02-26-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Custom Title
    Yeah, Fabian Bourzat is swiftly climbing on my list. The guy is catnip! Brian definitely as well. Szolkowy is drop dead gorgeous, I agree. Daisuke...I can't evaluate his looks anymore; I just love his skating so much that I can't separate out any particular quality of his. I feel the same way about Kurt (with or without hair), Paul Wylie, Yagudin, and John Curry.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Joubert is that good-looking either. Lysacek got a little better when he ditched the fake tan.

Kulik, however, is definitely on my list.

Most of the Russians are, actually.

Custom Title
    There are a lot of handsome Russian skaters competing right now, I would agree. Kovtun especially has become quite handsome in the past year or so, and most of the pairs guys are rather attractive. The US men aren't doing so bad either, the whole podium at Nationals was a pretty good looking one I thought. Jeremy has some interesting features but I guess the level 4 butt makes up for it . Plus there are lots of other guys who weren't on the podium that are no slouches in the looks department - Johnson, Warren, Dornbush, Rippon, Cassar, and especially Warren lol he just makes me smile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast