The most handsome male skaters nowadays | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The most handsome male skaters nowadays

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think these are the guys whose looks will be noticed by the ladies even outside the skating world:

Brian Joubert
Evan Lysacek
Javier Fernandez
Stephane Lambiel

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think these are the guys whose looks will be noticed by the ladies even outside the skating world:

Evan Lysacek

The first time I saw Evan Lysacek I was a lady outside the skating world. I squealed in horror and covered my eyes.

Too much fake tan, too much gloop in the hair making it look greasy, the black onesie with sparkle snakes and an awful lot of self-touching that was just creepy.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Seriously? I thought Lysacek was one of those guys that pretty much everyone agreed was hot/handsome, kind of like Joubert. That guy seriously can't take a bad photograph!

But the most handsome guy at US Nationals was Phillip Warren. Now he just needs a quad then he can be our new star, because he's so goodlooking, and entertaining, and already has some pretty massive jumps.

Coriana

On the Ice
I agreed with Karne about Even until I saw him live on SOI Canada, when he looked quite all right. My top pick though is Kulik, followed by Lambiel, and Joubert.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Seriously? I thought Lysacek was one of those guys that pretty much everyone agreed was hot/handsome, kind of like Joubert. That guy seriously can't take a bad photograph!
Oh, he's taken plenty of those. That said, when he lays off the tanning and the hair product (seriously, skaters, leave the gel alone unless you're Daisuke Takahashi), Evan's a good looking guy. Not as handsome as some of the French and Italian skaters I mentioned upthread (Joubert looks like he's posing for an ad here, Cipres is very nice to look at, and Hotarek was a lovely addition to the Euros podium), but certainly easy on the eyes.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
There are so many good looking men competing these days it would take me all day to list them all. So I will break it down to
a few men who are currently competing and IMO exude Drop Dead Gorgeousness on the Ice, in no particular order:

Brian J.
Daisuke T.
Luca L.
Fabian B.
Robin S.

Last edited:
Yeah, Fabian Bourzat is swiftly climbing on my list. The guy is catnip! Brian definitely as well. Szolkowy is drop dead gorgeous, I agree. Daisuke...I can't evaluate his looks anymore; I just love his skating so much that I can't separate out any particular quality of his. I feel the same way about Kurt (with or without hair), Paul Wylie, Yagudin, and John Curry.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Joubert is that good-looking either. Lysacek got a little better when he ditched the fake tan.

Kulik, however, is definitely on my list. :love:

Most of the Russians are, actually.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
There are a lot of handsome Russian skaters competing right now, I would agree. Kovtun especially has become quite handsome in the past year or so, and most of the pairs guys are rather attractive. The US men aren't doing so bad either, the whole podium at Nationals was a pretty good looking one I thought. Jeremy has some interesting features but I guess the level 4 butt makes up for it :p. Plus there are lots of other guys who weren't on the podium that are no slouches in the looks department - Johnson, Warren, Dornbush, Rippon, Cassar, and especially Warren :biggrin: lol he just makes me smile.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Over in the female thread, Olympia commented that:

women think about female beauty (and gorgeous guys, too, of course), whereas straight men don't make lists of the handsomest guys.

So, being a straight man and seeing this as a challenge, I have decided to attempt to make a list of handsome males.

Be warned, it is not going to be any way near as long as the female list, for the simple reason that I have never looked at males skaters from that perspective before! And because of this, it is difficult to think of people to include!

So, I make no apology that this list predominantly consists of skaters I tend to support because I like their skating! ;) :biggrin:

Florent Amodio: Firstly, I like his skin tone. I have always tended to find women that are the same colour as Florent attractive, so that is hardly surprising. Although he has lived in France for so long, Florent still has that typical Brazilian exuberance. But, he has also picked up the typical French arrogance. Put together, these give him a real presence, which is one of the things I love about him. On the other hand, I personally don’t understand what women see in muscular men.

Brian Joubert: Come on, few people can deny that Brian is probably the most handsome guy on the circuit! While Brian is undoubtedly flamboyant when he is skating, it is not in the same way as Florent. Like Florent, Brian has the typical French arrogance, but it is a more confident and controlled arrogance than the emotional Brazilian. But, unlike a certain highly-successful female Korean skater, it is not cockiness.

Artur Gachinski: Love his hair! I have always wanted to grow my hair long, just like Artur’s. But, I am one of those people that when their hair starts creeping over their ear, it feels uncomfortable. Artur also has the advantage of youth on his side. He has a great body, which we know about because he is not adverse to showing it off. If there was one skater I would want to look like, it would probably be Artur.

Fabian Bourzat: Can’t really think of what to say about Fabian, except that he has the hair, and he has an air of confidence about him (Not quite to the extent of Brian and Florent, but it’s still there). Plus, he normally has Nathalie Pechalat attached to his arm, which is always a bonus!

Charlie White: Hair again! But, he seems to be a generally happier sort of a character than the other “hair guys” I have listed.

Daisuke Takahashi: As you’ve probably worked out by now, I’ve always loved all things Japanese. Normally, I would hate the greasy look. But, Daisuke looks every inch the pop star. He is so confident and doesn’t let anything phase him. Kinda like Brian, in that respect.

Yuzuru Hanyu: If he were in a boy band, Yuzuru would be “the cute one” that all the girls would be trying to get the attention of. But, what I like about him is that he doesn’t realise this, or at least doesn’t let it go to his head. He seems so down to earth. And that is a very attractive feature in, well, anybody.

Dennis Ten: As with the Japanese, I love all things Korean (which, let’s face it, Dennis is!) There is no denying that Dennis is “cute”. But, he is far too serious! If only he could cheer up a bit, it would improve things greatly. Kinda like I said about Anastasia Martiusheva in the female thread. But, I suspect that with Dennis, some good results would make all the difference in his outlook.

Scott Moir: Scott falls into the same category as Dennis in that he is far too serious! Maybe it was because of the Olympics being in Canada that year, but back in 2010 he seemed like a good-looking, fun young guy. Remember their gala routine in Vancouver? Now, he’s so serious, and it’s putting years on him.

Since I joined this forum, I have made it obvious that I fancy Liza Tuktamysheva like mad. But, despite this, I am not going to include Johnny Weir in this list. Whilst I can see some similarity between them, I don’t think it is as big as a lot of people make out.

So, there you have it. A straight guy making a list of handsome guys. It’s not something I ever plan to repeat - it was far too difficult!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

senatormls

On the Ice
Over in the female thread, Olympia commented that:

So, being a straight man and seeing this as a challenge, I have decided to attempt to make a list of handsome males.

Be warned, it is not going to be any way near as long as the female list, for the simple reason that I have never looked at males skaters from that perspective before! And because of this, it is difficult to think of people to include!

So, I make no apology that this list predominantly consists of skaters I tend to support because I like their skating! ;) :biggrin:

Florent Amodio: Firstly, I like his skin tone. I have always tended to find women that are the same colour as Florent attractive, so that is hardly surprising. Although he has lived in France for so long, Florent still has that typical Brazilian exuberance. But, he has also picked up the typical French arrogance. Put together, these give him a real presence, which is one of the things I love about him. On the other hand, I personally don’t understand what women see in muscular men.

Brian Joubert: Come on, few people can deny that Brian is probably the most handsome guy on the circuit! While Brian is undoubtedly flamboyant when he is skating, it is not in the same way as Florent. Like Florent, Brian has the typical French arrogance, but it is a more confident and controlled arrogance than the emotional Brazilian. But, unlike a certain highly-successful female Korean skater, it is not cockiness.

Artur Gachinski: Love his hair! I have always wanted to grow my hair long, just like Artur’s. But, I am one of those people that when their hair starts creeping over their ear, it feels uncomfortable. Artur also has the advantage of youth on his side. He has a great body, which we know about because he is not adverse to showing it off. If there was one skater I would want to look like, it would probably be Artur.

Fabian Bourzat: Can’t really think of what to say about Fabian, except that he has the hair, and he has an air of confidence about him (Not quite to the extent of Brian and Florent, but it’s still there). Plus, he normally has Nathalie Pechalat attached to his arm, which is always a bonus!

Charlie White: Hair again! But, he seems to be a generally happier sort of a character than the other “hair guys” I have listed.

Daisuke Takahashi: As you’ve probably worked out by now, I’ve always loved all things Japanese. Normally, I would hate the greasy look. But, Daisuke looks every inch the pop star. He is so confident and doesn’t let anything phase him. Kinda like Brian, in that respect.

Yuzuru Hanyu: If he were in a boy band, Yuzuru would be “the cute one” that all the girls would be trying to get the attention of. But, what I like about him is that he doesn’t realise this, or at least doesn’t let it go to his head. He seems so down to earth. And that is a very attractive feature in, well, anybody.

Dennis Ten: As with the Japanese, I love all things Korean (which, let’s face it, Dennis is!) There is no denying that Dennis is “cute”. But, he is far too serious! If only he could cheer up a bit, it would improve things greatly. Kinda like I said about Anastasia Martiusheva in the female thread. But, I suspect that with Dennis, some good results would make all the difference in his outlook.

Scott Moir: Scott falls into the same category as Dennis in that he is far too serious! Maybe it was because of the Olympics being in Canada that year, but back in 2010 he seemed like a good-looking, fun young guy. Remember their gala routine in Vancouver? Now, he’s so serious, and it’s putting years on him.

Since I joined this forum, I have made it obvious that I fancy Liza Tuktamysheva like mad. But, despite this, I am not going to include Johnny Weir in this list. Whilst I can see some similarity between them, I don’t think it is as big as a lot of people make out.

So, there you have it. A straight guy making a list of handsome guys. It’s not something I ever plan to repeat - it was far too difficult!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan
I thought I was the only one who saw the similarities between Tukh and Johnny!!1

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Javi, Javi, Javi..... Fabian and Robin S. Morozov ain't too shabby either.

Thank you senatormls for mentioning Javi. I had been planning on including him in my list all along, but forgot all about him by the time I got round to typing it out! Oops! :slink:

Javier Fernandez: I absolutely love Javier. He is an absolutely brilliant skater, but he is so down to Earth. One thing that makes him so likable is his “cheeky chappie” attitude to life. He comes across as somebody who you could stop in the street, and who would willingly laugh and joke with you for ages! How could anybody not find that attractive?! As for his looks, I have to admit that I thought he was better-looking when he was younger. You know, before he started looking like every other Spanish bloke around!

I thought I was the only one who saw the similarities between Tukh and Johnny!!1

Trust me, you’re certainly not the only one! It’s even an on-going joke between them.

You remember this photo of Liza taken at the Youth Olympics. Well, Johnny decided to re-create the photo, and the results can (hopefully) be seen here in this photo taken from Liza’s Facebook.

Also, I remember a very strange photo somebody posted on Liza’s vKontakte profile last year in which they are morphing photos of Liza into photos of Johnny. Frankly, it was a bit creepy. And not too convincing either!

A few months ago, I made a “Happy Birthday” message for posting on Liza’s profile. Beforehand, I did a Google Image search to see if I could find any nice photos of her that I hadn’t seen before. And I did find some nice ones! ;) :biggrin:

One photo I found was of Liza practicing on a rink somewhere. It was before Liza had moved into the senior ranks. She was not as well-known at the time as she is now, and the uploader had forgot to label who it was. So, there were at least 7 or 8 comments saying something along the lines of “Oh, that’s gotta be Johnny’s sister!” After a while, the uploader came back, apologised and explained that she was an up-and-coming Russian skater called Elizaveta Tuktamisheva. And the concensus amongst the comments was total disbelief that this wee girl was not related to Johnny in any way!

Unfortunately, I can’t find that page again! But, there are plenty of other pages where people are commenting that they look like each other. Even on this forum:

She looks like she could be Johnny Weir's little sister.

Incidentally, that comment was posted on here exactly a year ago today.

Sorry for taking this thread off-topic for a moment, but you can all get back to taking about the handsome guys now ;)

CaroLiza_fan

hurrah

Medalist
Ilia Kulik is my all time favorite, followed closely by Brian Joubert. Both of them are drop dead gorgeous, without being narcissistic about it.