The most handsome male skaters nowadays | Golden Skate

The most handsome male skaters nowadays

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, we had a thread for the girls, why not the boys?

So let's have some opinions and thoughts - who are the best looking guys in figure skating today?

My shortlist (it's quite short):

- Artur Gachinski: Sure, he has the same golden hair and pale eyes as every other Russian Male Skater Clone. But he's got something about his face that puts him above the rest. Especially when he smiles. Wish he did that more often.

- Joshua Farris: Okay, so the guy's barely eighteen. But he's grown up really handsome over the last couple of years! Tall and dark and handsome and shy.

- Jason Brown: He might not meet your conventional definition of handsome, but he's just so cute and smiley all the time!

I could go on about Ilia Kulik and Alexander Abt and so on, but you know, that might bore people.

Oh, goody! A thread about the guys.

Charlie White, of course, and Adam Rippon even without his curls. I like this Philip Warren, whom I just saw today in Nationals. I echo you in sighing over Ilia Kulik, and I add Yagudin.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
If I was young again I'd be weak in the knees over Max Aaron. I think Ross Miner is good looking.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I agree on both counts, plus Charlie White, Adam Rippon, Javier Fernandez ...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert is really good-looking. That's why he can get away with some truly ludicrous outfits.

I think that the French and Italian guys tend to be quite handsome: I like Luca Lanotte, and when he's not too scruffy, Fabian Bourzat. Matteo Guarise and Ondrej Hotarek both look great, as does Morgan Cipres (James/Cipres are probably the hottest pair currently competing). Lloyd Jones's looks were vastly improved by cutting his hair; would that Charlie White did the same.

Also, I voted for Robin Szolkowy in the most recent PSOTY poll on FSU.

Brian Joubert is really good-looking. That's why he can get away with some truly ludicrous outfits.

I think that the French and Italian guys tend to be quite handsome: I like Luca Lanotte, and when he's not too scruffy, Fabian Bourzat. Matteo Guarise and Ondrej Hotarek both look great, as does Morgan Cipres (James/Cipres are probably the hottest pair currently competing). Lloyd Jones's looks were vastly improved by cutting his hair; would that Charlie White did the same.

Also, I voted for Robin Szolkowy in the most recent PSOTY poll on FSU.

Guarise is gorgeous, but I don't tend to like such avant-garde hair. Definitely Bourzat is on my list, and Szolkowy. There's also something in the way Robin Szolkowy carries himself as he skates, but then, he and Aliona are my favorite pair at the moment.

Not related to looks, but I realize with some surprise that except for Meryl and Charlie, my favorite skaters in all the disciplines are not from my own country.

Schismadoodle

Spectator
can't believe nobody's mentioned Takahashi yet. :disapp: He's absolutely gorgeous.
Brian Joubert - his competitiveness may have gone downhill, but he's lost none of his charm.
Alexei Yagudin - that face was destined to belong to a champion. He's got that sort of pride and regality that makes you believe in him.
Jeffrey Buttle - the golden boy with the dazzling smile
Evan Lysacek - when he ditches the stifling hair gel he's actually quite cuddly-looking

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given that I'm a straight guy, I never thought I would be posting in this thread! :eek: But, given Schismadoodle's comment, this seems the most appropriate place to bring up an observation I made at the 4CC!

can't believe nobody's mentioned Takahashi yet. :disapp: He's absolutely gorgeous.

You know the Japanese girl that on Friday was manning the gate that the skaters used to leave the ice. Well, I was keeping an eye on her… largely because I thought she was really fit! ;) :biggrin:

Anyway, after Takahashi did his Short Programme, he came off the ice and put the guard on his blades as usual. But, as he was walking away towards the results area, I noticed the girl on the gate was checking him out!

As far as I noticed, she didn’t actually check anybody else out throughout the day! So, you’re clearly not the only person to appreciate Daisuke!

Now, I should add, when Dylan Moscovitch was coming off the ice after the Pairs Free, he had a conversation with the girl on the gate. But, this was a different girl to the one that was eyeing up Daisuke!

Finally, this is officially the 100th message I’ve posted on this forum! (It is actually the 102nd, as I posted 2 comments in a thread that has since been removed. But, that’s just a minor detail!)

I really wasn't expecting me to reach this milestone in a thread about handsome guys!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Javier Fernandez
Andrew Poje
Yuzuru Hanyu
Charlie White
Maxim Trankov
Maxim Kovtun
Morgan Cipres
Jeremy Abbott
Richard Dornbush

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Going to add, since US Nationals I've developed quite the crush on Max Aaron, and Ross Miner is just adorable.