Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alexei Yagudin

Rinkside

Alexei Yagudin

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Thank you so much for this thread!

For me, this is probably the most favorite performance by Alexei. Though he did not win World title, I love this one, more than his OGM-winning The Man in the Iron Mask. He shows so much emotion. He lost SP (3rd place), so was ON FIRE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwy-pNScPA4
    I read somewhere that Yagudin did a move in his 2001 worlds version of Gladiator, a move that is not allowed in formal competitions. They said he did it for the Canadian audience who had supported him all along. Does anyone know what's the move called? Is there any specific term?
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-06-2013 at 02:10 AM.

News

Sorry if this is off topic or it doesn't intest you but I though it is interesting.
    Florent is training with Alexei Yagudin!

You are currently training with Alexei Yagudin in Courchevel. How is that working out for you?

I suffer every single day. He teaches me so much. I feel honored to have the opportunity to work with him, when very few athletes have done it in the past. I enjoy every minute of it and I seize this wonderful opportunity and make the best of it, in order to be ready for 2014.
    Part of the interview from Figure Skating Magazine.

Custom Title
    Is there a good source of a summary which describes what Yagudin has been up to during the years since Salt Lake? He has had quite obvious opportunities to go in many different directions, and am wondering what exciting paths he has passed through. Thank you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iron2002 View Post
    I read somewhere that Yagudin did a move in his 2001 worlds version of Gladiator, a move that is not allowed in formal competitions. They said he did it for the Canadian audience who had supported him all along. Does anyone know what's the move called? Is there any specific term?
    I may be wrong, but IIRC it was the move which starts from 4:17: Alexei literally sliding on ice with his one hand, so that can be regarded as 'a fall', I think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwy-pNScPA4
    I don't know whether or not he was actually 'penalized' for this move, in accordance with ISU's rules back then, though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    Is there a good source of a summary which describes what Yagudin has been up to during the years since Salt Lake? He has had quite obvious opportunities to go in many different directions, and am wondering what exciting paths he has passed through. Thank you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Yagudin
    Sooo sad hip injuries pushed Alexei to retirement at such an early age from competitive skating...

Rinkside
    I hope he doesn't retire from show skating anytime soon, I want to see him skate again - it's been 9 years.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamangel View Post
    I hope he doesn't retire from show skating anytime soon, I want to see him skate again - it's been 9 years.
    I don't think he will retire very soon, he seems to enjoy show skating very much. I just hope he'll skate in more shows in Europe, not only Russia and Asia.

On the Ice
    I just watched his Salt Lake performances again. I was brought to tears again. He is amazing. I was wondering how his programs would have fared under the new system. I loved Gladiator with the knives. I thought to myself, well if anyone can do it...Alexei can.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnative View Post
    I just watched his Salt Lake performances again. I was brought to tears again. He is amazing. I was wondering how his programs would have fared under the new system. I loved Gladiator with the knives. I thought to myself, well if anyone can do it...Alexei can.
    Those programs not very well, but he would have adapted them to the new rules. He tried a comeback in 2007, you know?

On the Ice
    I did not know that he tried to come back. Are there any videos on youtube? It seems that a skater like him would have been able to adapt to the new styles.

Without reading much prior posts, my first thought when I see his name is WOW, every time &^*$*$* WOW!!!!! He takes it "up" always UP.

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Yayay, a thread for the emperor. Don't forget his revolutionary etude, a masterpiece with unreasonable low score.
    http://youtu.be/og59QN4L_ko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2