Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 101

Thread: 4CCs Predictions

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,683
    PAIRS

    Duhamel and Radford
    USA1
    Canada 2

    dance

    Davis and White
    Virtue and Moir
    Samuelsona nd Bates


    Men

    Hanyu
    Takaashi
    Max Aaron

    Women

    Asada
    Suzuki
    Gold

  2. #62
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by sask8 View Post
    Ice Dance:

    Gold: Davis/White
    Silver: Shib Sibs
    Bronze: Virtue/Moir
    4th: Chock/Bates
    5th: Gilles/Poirier
    6th: Reed Sibs

    Shibutanis in silver place is obviously going out on a limb, but their programs have come such a long way since the beginning of the season, especially their FD. So part of this is wishful thinking and part of it is thinking they could really pull ahead of V/M if they keep improving incrementally (the stars align just right)

    Surprise: Look at Silver


    Pairs:
    Gold: Duhamel/Radford
    Silver: Castelli/Shnapir
    Bronze: Cheng/Hao
    4th: Scimeca/Knierim
    5th: Moore-Towers/Mascovitch
    6th: Zhang/Bartholomay

    Yup, the Americans get three pairs skaters into the top 6...but easier to do when their are only 8 teams.

    Surprise: C/S move up to gold and S/K move up to bronze


    Men:
    Gold: Takahashi
    Silver: Hanyu
    Bronze: Minor
    4th: Aaron
    5th: Ten
    6th:Takahito

    Takahashi and Hanyu rule this event. Minor gets the best of Aaron at this competition and perhaps is a sign of things to come in Men's US skating

    Surprise: Aaron takes silver


    Ladies:
    Gold: Asada
    Silver: Osmond
    Bronze: Gao
    4th: Gold
    5th Murakami
    6th: Suzuki

    I hate putting Suzuki this low, so if she can regain her early season form, she'll move up to at least 3rd. Besides Suzuki, I think Gold really is the wild card hear. At US Nationals Gold stated (paraphrase) that she could come back from a poor SP to do a flawless FS and put up huge scores. I'm not quite sure that is the lesson to be learned, but will see if, and how, mentally prepared she is for 4CC. If she comes out on fire it'll be an interesting competition for silver and possibly even gold with Asada, Osmond, Gold, and Suzuki eying the top spot.

    Surprise: Li Zijun, the Chinese upstart, has taken the last 2 1/2 months to really polish and refine her FS, takes bronze in the process.
    I admire your interesting predictions. Even as a major ShibSibs stan, I wouldn't dare make such a prediction. You are very bold in your thoughts. I like it!

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    256
    Men
    1. hanyu
    2. takahashi
    3. Aaron
    4. nan Song
    5. Reynolds

    Ladies
    1. mao
    2. gold
    3. akiko
    4. kanako
    5. gao

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by sask8 View Post
    Surprise: Li Zijun, the Chinese upstart, has taken the last 2 1/2 months to really polish and refine her FS, takes bronze in the process.
    NHK announcer Toriumi-san will be over the moon if this actually happens this weekend!

  5. #65
    Custom Title Cherryy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by sask8 View Post
    Surprise: Li Zijun, the Chinese upstart, has taken the last 2 1/2 months to really polish and refine her FS, takes bronze in the process.
    That would be awesome! And it's not unlikely for her to finish in the top 5. Out of the top 6 you mentioned, Li can definitely beat Murakami and Gao, if Osmond, Gold and Suzuki have a bad day (each one due to different reasons) the also can be beaten. Fortunately I doubt all 3 will perform in zamboni style but 1 or 2 - might happen. Plus, Osmond and Gold will be skating under a lot of pressure as the top skaters from their countries at their first 4cc before their first worlds where they are expected to do well while I think Li Zijun is somehow free of that pressure because she's not such a "sensation".

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by sask8 View Post
    Ice Dance:

    Gold: Davis/White
    Silver: Shib Sibs
    Bronze: Virtue/Moir
    4th: Chock/Bates
    5th: Gilles/Poirier
    6th: Reed Sibs

    Shibutanis in silver place is obviously going out on a limb, but their programs have come such a long way since the beginning of the season, especially their FD. So part of this is wishful thinking and part of it is thinking they could really pull ahead of V/M if they keep improving incrementally (the stars align just right)

    Surprise: Look at Silver
    Hmm.. V/M had improved their SD, which would earn them a high SD score.

    However, if their FD at 4CC is like the one they did at Nationals, S/S might win silver, but only if S/S skates with an almost-perfect SD/FD.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    That would be awesome! And it's not unlikely for her to finish in the top 5. Out of the top 6 you mentioned, Li can definitely beat Murakami and Gao, if Osmond, Gold and Suzuki have a bad day (each one due to different reasons) the also can be beaten. Fortunately I doubt all 3 will perform in zamboni style but 1 or 2 - might happen. Plus, Osmond and Gold will be skating under a lot of pressure as the top skaters from their countries at their first 4cc before their first worlds where they are expected to do well while I think Li Zijun is somehow free of that pressure because she's not such a "sensation".
    I found Li Zijun to be a lovely and artistic skater. She might have a hard time competing as a senior skater at first since she has no federation support, but I think she has a talent and might win a medal at 4CC I hope she skates well at 4CC!

  8. #68
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Hmm.. V/M had improved their SD, which would earn them a high SD score.

    However, if their FD at 4CC is like the one they did at Nationals, S/S might win silver, but only if S/S skates with an almost-perfect SD/FD.
    S/S just lost to Chock/Bates in their own country. I wouldn't put any money on them beating V/M right now.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Yes, like reigning World Champion and multiple World medalwinner Carolina Kostner, and reigning Olympic silver medalwinner and two-time World Champion Mao Asada.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    S/S just lost to Chock/Bates in their own country. I wouldn't put any money on them beating V/M right now.
    , probably 4th, bronze will be between Cock/Bates and Giles/Poirer

  10. #70
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Even as a major Shibs fan, I really think it's unrealistic for them to beat V/M. Even at their worst they still have about 10 point cushion on the rest of the field. Even with a complete disaster of a SD at Skate Canada, they still managed to place first ahead of C/L.

    However, I do not see C/B as a shoo-in for bronze either. The Shibs lost bronze by 1.7 points. If they did not get their two lift deductions, they would have won silver again.

    And G/P? Considering that they're 17.8 points behind the Shibs and 12.8 points behind in the SB's list, it's hard to say if they will bridge that gap at 4CC.

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    442
    I am actually looking forward to see Kexin Zhang of China. Don't forget she was 7th in Worlds last year, right behind Mao, with a great technical scores and poor PCS. Her jumps are bigger than Li, and spins too in my opinion. But since this is her first competition this season, I am not sure what she can produce here.

  12. #72
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    I am actually looking forward to see Kexin Zhang of China. Don't forget she was 7th in Worlds last year, right behind Mao, with a great technical scores and poor PCS. Her jumps are bigger than Li, and spins too in my opinion. But since this is her first competition this season, I am not sure what she can produce here.
    I'm looking forward to seeing her as well! Loved her gutsy skates last year!

  13. #73
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,799
    It looks like Li is planning 3F+3T and 3Lz in her SP, so she might become a serious medal contender, because she'll be the one with the highest BV in the SP (tied with Gold)

  14. #74
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Nothing would make me happier than Kirsten and Dylan winning the gold! I agree with these pairs predictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Men

    1 Dai
    2 Hanyu
    3 Ross

    Ladies

    1 Mao
    2 Kanako
    3 Osmond

    Pairs

    1 M-T/M
    2 D/R
    3 C/S

    Dance

    1 D/W
    2 V/M
    3 Shibs

  15. #75
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    , probably 4th, bronze will be between Cock/Bates and Giles/Poirer
    I hope that was a typo in Chock's name.. :P

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •