Thread: 2013 Worlds predictions

Threaded View

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82cuwin View Post
    My predictions:

1. Yuna Kim 2.Carolina Kostner 3-4. Akiko Suzuki/Ashley Wagner 5. Mao Asada 6-7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva/Adelina Sotnikova 8. Kaetlyn Osmond 9. Gracie Gold 10. Zijun Li.

Yuna is a total package out of question. This World title's gonna be hers. The defending champ Carolina has an amazing LP to Bolero, which I think will be her signature program. Akiko has been undervalued but she sure deserves a fair judgment. Ashley can claim the third place if she skates clean both SP&LP and lands 3-3. Mao has been unbeaten so far this season but I doubt if she can make it at Worlds with her unmastered jumps. Two russian compatriots, Liza and Adelina, will be likely to secure 3 spots for Sochi 2014. Kaetlyn will be strong on her home ice. Who knows? She may be able to skate in the LP final group by some magic. Gracie will have to handle herself under pressure and skate with improved maturity. Lastly, I put the young chinese skater in my list. Zijun has the quality to stand on the World podium in a few years after some of the top skaters above retire.
    Hmmm. Li was 5th at 2012 JW and beat Gold and Osmond at 4CC. Once she is able to fully rotate all her jumps and skates with a little more expression, she will be a podium threat.

As for Kaetlyn Osmond, her SP score is #14 on the SB Short Program list which doesn't include YuNa's NRW score. So there are 14 skaters who have scored better in the SP than Kaetlyn, and 9 of those will be at Worlds. With her technical SP content, she would have to get very high PCS scores; that will be hard to do since she won't be in the final two groups to skate the SP.
    Last edited by chuckm; 02-23-2013 at 05:23 PM.