Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 2013 Worlds predictions

Custom Title
    Looking at the Men's draw, the 1-12 rated men were in the 5th and 6th flights, the 13-18 rated were in the 4th flight, and all the other groups (19-35) were randomly drawn in the first three flights.

For the women, then Gracie Gold will be in the 4th flight with YuNa Kim, and Kaetlyn Osmond could be anywhere from first to skate in the first flight to last to skate in the 3rd flight.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Looking at the Men's draw, the 1-12 rated men were in the 5th and 6th flights, the 13-18 rated were in the 4th flight, and all the other groups (19-35) were randomly drawn in the first three flights.

For the women, then Gracie Gold will be in the 4th flight with YuNa Kim, and Kaetlyn Osmond could be anywhere from first to skate to last to skate in the 3rd flight.
    I hope Gracie can hold it together with the reigning Olympic champion in her group...I think skating so close to Mao Asada at 4CC spooked her.

skating philosopher

For the women, then Gracie Gold will be in the 4th flight with YuNa Kim, and Kaetlyn Osmond could be anywhere from first to skate in the first flight to last to skate in the 3rd flight.
    Did the ladies draw yet? Or is this your educated guess?

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Did the ladies draw yet? Or is this your educated guess?
    The question wasn't posed for me, but I was wondering the same thing, so I checked the ISU's official page. It doesn't look like starting orders for the ladies are up yet.

Custom Title
    There are 35 entries in both Men and Ladies, so I would expect the draw to be done the same way. Ladies don't skate until Thursday--the draw for the Ladies SP will be tomorrow at 10:00 am EDT, and will be posted sometime after that.

What's interesting is that the Pairs skate first tomorrow, but start order hasn't drawn yet. The time schedule for the Pairs Short draw is 6:30 pm EDT today, Tuesday.

Other draws:
    Short Dance - Wednesday at 2:00 pm EDT.
    Pairs Free - Wednesday at 3:00 pm EDT
    Men Free - Wednesday at 10:00 pm EDT

Custom Title
    Well, I'll give it a shot. Sorry if I let my Canadian show. Home country worlds is making me extra patriotic.

MEN

1. Chan
    2. Takahashi
    3. Fernandez (he's looked SO good all season...I hope he snags it)

LADIES

1. Asada (LOVE her Swan Lake)
    2. Suzuki
    3. Kim (Sorry. I adore her, but her new programs aren't as brilliant as I expected)

PAIRS

1. Voloshozar/Trankov (I don't like them as much as the Germans, but I think they're more consistent at this point)
    2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    3. Duhamel/Radford (They certainly have the technical content, and they have looked so good all season)

ICE DANCE

1. Virtue/Moir (Superior programs IMO, but they have to skate Carmen absolutely perfectly)
    2. Davis/White
    3. Borborva/Soloviev ( I don't think they're as good as Pechelat/Bourzat or Weaver/Poje, but I think injuries are going to hold both teams back)

Custom Title
    1 )Asada (I think she is in better shape)
    2) Kim
    3) Gold
    4) Kostner
    5) Suzuki
    6) Wagner

For the guys: Chan is a lock.

then: 2) Daisuke
    3) Hanyu
    4) Javier

Custom Title
    Only if he can find the "key" lmao

I disagree. Patrick is not a lock for gold, even though it's Canada. He is a lock for the podium, though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Well, I'll give it a shot. Sorry if I let my Canadian show. Home country worlds is making me extra patriotic.

MEN

1. Chan
    2. Takahashi
    3. Fernandez (he's looked SO good all season...I hope he snags it)

LADIES

1. Asada (LOVE her Swan Lake)
    2. Suzuki
    3. Kim (Sorry. I adore her, but her new programs aren't as brilliant as I expected)

PAIRS

1. Voloshozar/Trankov (I don't like them as much as the Germans, but I think they're more consistent at this point)
    2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    3. Duhamel/Radford (They certainly have the technical content, and they have looked so good all season)

ICE DANCE

1. Virtue/Moir (Superior programs IMO, but they have to skate Carmen absolutely perfectly)
    2. Davis/White
    3. Borborva/Soloviev ( I don't think they're as good as Pechelat/Bourzat or Weaver/Poje, but I think injuries are going to hold both teams back)
    i LIKE OR UNDERSTAND your reasoning but in dance I am not sure why but the judges don`t like Carmen by V and M that much. i don`t think Chan will win gold though Hanyu or Takahasi or Fendez and chan might not podium

Rinkside
    Men
    Patrick
    Fernandez
    Daisuke

Ladies
    Yuna
    Mao
    Gold

Pair
    VT
    SS
    DR (BL also competitive for a medal but DR may favorite as Canadian pair)

Dance
    DW
    VM
    PB( I don't think BS are as good as French couple)

Custom Title
    Men:
    1. Chan
    2. Fernandez
    3. Takahashi

Ladies:
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Kostner

Custom Title
    And for now...

Ladies
    1.Kim
    2.Asada
    3.Kostner

Men
    1.Fernandez
    2.Chan
    3.Hanyu

Ice Dance
    1.D/W
    2.V/M
    3.P/B, I/K or B/S

Pairs
    1.V/T
    2.S/S
    3.Canadian team, maybe D/R?

Banned
    Never fear, lets talk. There is plenty of representation from Russia and former SSRs on the judging panels, but no USA judge in Men and Ladies and no CAN judge in any event except Pairs.
    I feel almost embarrassed with answering you post: as if you don't know how things work. Tech squad is in charge of levels, edge calls and ur calls. Knowing how they used this stuff at various events depending on the situation, there is quite an eligibile ground to "fear". The judges of course can manipulate with GOE (and PCS), but skaters can lose more points if they lose levels or get edge/ur calls. Plenty of representation of Russia? Who, for example? And by former SSRs you mean Georgia or Estonia or .. . Thanks for the laugh.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7