2013 Worlds predictions | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds predictions

fairly4

Medalist
is to early for predictions.

i am basing these on nationals/ europeans.

ladies
what i would like

1) yu-na kim

2)gracie
3) kaetlyn
4) mao
5) carolina kostner
6)elizaveta/adelina
7) ashley
8 adelina/elizaveta
9) kanako, akiko
10)valentina
11) akiko/kanako
12) zijun/nathalie/kiira

probable
1) yu na
2) carolina kosnter
3) mao
4)kaetlyn
5) ashley
6& 7) adelina /elizaveta
8) gracie
9-10)akiko/kanako/kiira
12)zijun/natahalie, mae bernice

men
1) patrick
2) daisuke
3) javier
4) yuzuru
5) kevin
6) han yan
7-8) michael brezina/florent amodio
9-10 max aaron, ross miner/maxim kovtum
12) brian joubert

pairs

1-2)savenchenko/szolkowy or voloshar/trankov
3) duhamel/radford
4) pang /tong
5) moore-towers/moscovitch
6)bazaronova/larionov
7)kavaguti/smirnov
8) jampes/cipres
9) german 2nd place team
10)castellin shnapir
11) berton /hotarek
12)peng/zhang

dance
would like
1) davis/white
2) virture/moir
3) weaver poje
4) pechalat/bourzat
5)bobrova/soloview
6)- shibs/
7)capellini/lanotte

probable
1) viture/moir
2) davis/white
3) pechalat/bourzat
4)weaver/poje
5)bobrova/solieview
6)capellini/lanotte
7) ilynky/katsalapov
8-9 either chock/bates or shibs
10)riaz/tkachkenko or gilles/poirer
12-coombs/buckland

Last edited:

ForeverFish

Medalist
In any permutation of the ladies, I hope that Gracie and Ashley manage an average of 13th place. The US would really like those three spots back.

vera01

Final Flight
Ladies
1.Yuna Kim
2.Carolina Kostner
3.Mao Asada
4.Ashley Wagner
5.Kaetlyn Osmond:I'm not sure if judges would like her performance, but well, it's going to be held in Canada so...
6.Adelina Sotnikova:Only if she manages to skate well like she did at Euros.
7.Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
8.Gracie Gold
9.Kiira Korpi
10.Murakami Kanako
11.Suzuki Akiko
12.Zijun Li

Ice Dance
1.Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir:Because they're my favorite ice dancers:) But they really need to improve their FD otherwise, D/W will win gold.
2.Meryl Davis/Charlie White
3.Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat

So, for ladies, 3 spots for US, S.Korea, Russia(maybe not) and maybe, Japan.

christinaskater

Medalist
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Mao Asada
4. Carolina Kostner
5. Adelina Sotnikova
6. Ashley Wagner
7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
8. Gracie Gold
9. Zijun Li
10. Kanako Murakami

snsd

On the Ice
1. Yuna Kim
2. Mao Asada
3. Carolina Kostner
4. Akiko Suzuki
5. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
6. Ashley Wagner
7. Kanako Murakami
8. Adelina Sotnikova
9. Kiira Korpi
10. Valentina Marchei
11. Gracie Gold
12. Zijun Li
13. Kaetlyn Osmond

TelmoFe

Rinkside
Ladies:

1- Mao Asada
2- Yuna Kim
3- Carolina Kostner
4- Ashley Wagner
5- Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
6- Akiko Suzuki
7- Adelina Siotnikova
8- Kiira Korpi
9- Gracie Gold
10- Kaetlyn Osmond
11- Zijun Li
12- Kanuko Murakami

So much good skaters... And Valentina Marchei, the 3rd russian, Viktoria Helgesson, Mae Barenice, Kexin Zhang... Interesting to see who will do the FP.

TelmoFe

Rinkside
Men:

1- Javier Fernandez
2- Yuzuru
3- Daisuke Takahashi
4- Patrick Chan
5- Max Aaron
6- Florent Amodio
7- Ross Miner
8- Michael Brezina
9- Kevin Reynolds
10- Brian Joubert
11- Han Yan
12- Talahito Mura

And... Na Song, Kovtun, Majarov... Hard!!!!

snsd

On the Ice
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Mao Asada
4. Carolina Kostner
5. Adelina Sotnikova
6. Ashley Wagner
7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
8. Gracie Gold
9. Zijun Li
10. Kanako Murakami

I am surprised to see akiko so high on your list. I would love for this to happen but I just don't see her getting the components to place 2nd!

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
1: Kim
2: Asada
3: Kostner
4-6: Suzuki/Wagner/Tuktamisheva
7:Murakami
8: Gold
9-12: Korpi/Marchei/Osmond/Sotnikova
13-14: Leonova/Zijun

Comment if necessary

amc987

On the Ice
If the judges are fair with PCS and don't lowball Suzuki and give Asada and Kostner super-inflated presentation scores for 4-triple programs: 1. Kim 2. Suzuki 3-4. Kostner/Asada 5.Wagner 6-8. Tuktamysheva/Sotnikova/Osmond 9. Murakami 10. Gold 11. Li. If PCS continue to be a joke, then: 1. Kostner 2. Asada 3. Kim 4. Wagner 5. Suzuki, the rest should be about the same. Tuktamysheva, Osmond, or Sotnikova could make the top 5 if they skate perfectly and others make mistakes. I think Gracie Gold's best case is 6th unless she skates perfect programs and the top five favorites are a total mess.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
1.) Kim
2.) Asada
3.) Tuktamysheva
4.) Kostner
5.) Wagner
6.) Suzuki
7.) Gold
8.) Osmond
9.) Sotnikova
10.) Li
11.) Murakami
12.) Leonova/Gosviani (who is going??)

1.) Hanyu
2.) Fernandez
3.) Chan
4.) Takahashi
5.) Amodio
6.) Brezina
7.) Aaron
8.) Yan
9.) Miner
10.) Kovtun (if it ends up being Menshov, I'd place him below Joubert and bump the following 2 up)
11.) Mura
12.) Joubert

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
1) Kim
2) Costner
3) Mao
4) Ashley
5) Akiko
6) Adelina
7) Liza
8) Osmond
9) Gold
10) Marchei

gr82cuwin

Spectator
My predictions:

1. Yuna Kim 2.Carolina Kostner 3-4. Akiko Suzuki/Ashley Wagner 5. Mao Asada 6-7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva/Adelina Sotnikova 8. Kaetlyn Osmond 9. Gracie Gold 10. Zijun Li.

Yuna is a total package out of question. This World title's gonna be hers. The defending champ Carolina has an amazing LP to Bolero, which I think will be her signature program. Akiko has been undervalued but she sure deserves a fair judgment. Ashley can claim the third place if she skates clean both SP&LP and lands 3-3. Mao has been unbeaten so far this season but I doubt if she can make it at Worlds with her unmastered jumps. Two russian compatriots, Liza and Adelina, will be likely to secure 3 spots for Sochi 2014. Kaetlyn will be strong on her home ice. Who knows? She may be able to skate in the LP final group by some magic. Gracie will have to handle herself under pressure and skate with improved maturity. Lastly, I put the young chinese skater in my list. Zijun has the quality to stand on the World podium in a few years after some of the top skaters above retire.

gioccia

On the Ice
1 - Kim
2 - Mao
3 - Karo

1 - DW
2 - VM
3 - BS

1 - VT
2 - SS
3 - BL

1 - Yuzuru
2 - Chan
3 - Javi

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My predictions:

1. Yuna Kim 2.Carolina Kostner 3-4. Akiko Suzuki/Ashley Wagner 5. Mao Asada 6-7. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva/Adelina Sotnikova 8. Kaetlyn Osmond 9. Gracie Gold 10. Zijun Li.

Yuna is a total package out of question. This World title's gonna be hers. The defending champ Carolina has an amazing LP to Bolero, which I think will be her signature program. Akiko has been undervalued but she sure deserves a fair judgment. Ashley can claim the third place if she skates clean both SP&LP and lands 3-3. Mao has been unbeaten so far this season but I doubt if she can make it at Worlds with her unmastered jumps. Two russian compatriots, Liza and Adelina, will be likely to secure 3 spots for Sochi 2014. Kaetlyn will be strong on her home ice. Who knows? She may be able to skate in the LP final group by some magic. Gracie will have to handle herself under pressure and skate with improved maturity. Lastly, I put the young chinese skater in my list. Zijun has the quality to stand on the World podium in a few years after some of the top skaters above retire.

Hmmm. Li was 5th at 2012 JW and beat Gold and Osmond at 4CC. Once she is able to fully rotate all her jumps and skates with a little more expression, she will be a podium threat.

As for Kaetlyn Osmond, her SP score is #14 on the SB Short Program list which doesn't include YuNa's NRW score. So there are 14 skaters who have scored better in the SP than Kaetlyn, and 9 of those will be at Worlds. With her technical SP content, she would have to get very high PCS scores; that will be hard to do since she won't be in the final two groups to skate the SP.

Last edited:

KatEll

Rinkside
IF Li learns to fully rotate her jumps, and skates with expression.

IF everyone skates their best.

Anyone own a crystal ball?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Does Li really have such an issue with URs? I thought it was only occasionally, and just on her 3f-3t. I don't think of her as a chronic under-rotator of the Mirai or Kanako variety. She sure was fabulous at 4CC though, even the Eurosport commentators couldn't spot gushing about her!

phaeljones

On the Ice
Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu;
2. Patrick Chan;
3. Javier Fernandez;
4. Kevin Reynolds;
5. Daisuke Takahashi;
6. Max Aaron
7. Han Yan
8. Ross Miner
9. Florent Amodio
10. Michael Brezina
11. Brian Joubert

Han Yan and Max Aaron are tough (for me) to fit in. The judges seem to like them (more than I do). Ross Miner, I seem to like more than the judges. But this is where I think it will come down if everyone brings their best game and the judges judge as they have been doing this year.

hybfc

Rinkside
men,
1, daisuke i hope, and he is capable of it.
2, yuzuru
3, javier
4, patrick
5, amodio
6, ross miner
7, brezina
8, max aaron
9, song nan
10, kevin reynolds
11, joubert

ladies,
1/2, yuna/asada. personally I would like to see asada to win.
3, caro
4, sotnikova
5, wagner
6, suzuki
7, liza
8, zijun
9, gold
10, kanako
11, osmond

Men's and ladies' competition will be exciting. More than 10 skaters have a shot for podium.

pairs are so boring this year. I am so tired of some pairs winning with multiple mistakes. It just does not make sense. I think the scoring system for pairs has to be changed. It is stupid to apply the same system used in men's competition to pairs. 10 point pcs could be compensated by a well executed quad in men's. But it needs two more throws in pairs. Current system makes the pairs with high pcs almost unbeatable. There is no fun watching such a competition at all.
dance podium is like predetermined as long as v/m d/w and p/b do not mess up.