Points for Jumps
With all the people complaining about how jumps don't matter, Asada 2 clean triples, Kostner 8 doubles, pathetic pageantry, sport is dying etc., I thought it might be interesting to stop lurking and post a hypothetical system to gauge people's reactions.
Now, I propose keeping all the base values for jumps up to 2A the same. Here are the proposed values for triples up to 3A:
As all the talk about degeneration and setting the sport back by 20 years only refers to ladies, I will not suggest values for quads (in any case pretty much no one has done anything higher than 4S). Underrotated jumps (<) will receive 70% of the BV as before. GoE for a jump is worth 15% of the BV.
Bonuses can be had for late jumps and for combinations. Halfway bonus is still 10%. For combinations:
1. A 3-2T with the first jump being Loop, Flip, Lutz or Axel will receive a 5% bump to the BV of the first jump.
2. A 3-2L with the first jump being Loop, Flip, Lutz or Axel will receive the same bump as above in addition to the 2Lo having its BV boosted by 0.5.
3. For 3[anything]-3T, the first jump will receive a bonus of 0.001*[BV of first jump]2. The 3T will receive a bonus of 0.5.
4. For 3[anything]-3Lo, the first jump will receive a bonus of 0.0015*[BV of first jump]2. The 3Lo will receive a bonus of 1.5.
5. A 3S on the end of a combination will receive a bonus of 1.5.
This system of bonus stacking will of course lead to very high values for jumps, so increases to the BV of the non-jump technical elements like spins and steps may be in order.
Additionally, many people are calling for a return to 6.0. SO, I propose at the end of all this number crunching, the TES is multiplied by 4.5 while the PCS is multiplied by 5 (theoretical maximum of 400) and we take the natural logarithm of each number to bring the values somewhere near 6. At the end we have:
TES = ln(4.5) + ln(Raw TES)
PCS = ln(5) + ln(Raw PCS)
Last edited by CarneAsada; 01-29-2013 at 12:53 AM.