With all the people complaining about how jumps don't matter, Asada 2 clean triples, Kostner 8 doubles, pathetic pageantry, sport is dying etc., I thought it might be interesting to stop lurking and post a hypothetical system to gauge people's reactions.
Now, I propose keeping all the base values for jumps up to 2A the same. Here are the proposed values for triples up to 3A:
Triple BV Toe Loop 4.0 Salchow 4.2 Loop 5.5 Flip 5.8 Lutz 7.0 Axel 10.0
As all the talk about degeneration and setting the sport back by 20 years only refers to ladies, I will not suggest values for quads (in any case pretty much no one has done anything higher than 4S). Underrotated jumps (<) will receive 70% of the BV as before. GoE for a jump is worth 15% of the BV.
Bonuses can be had for late jumps and for combinations. Halfway bonus is still 10%. For combinations:
1. A 3-2T with the first jump being Loop, Flip, Lutz or Axel will receive a 5% bump to the BV of the first jump.
2. A 3-2L with the first jump being Loop, Flip, Lutz or Axel will receive the same bump as above in addition to the 2Lo having its BV boosted by 0.5.
3. For 3[anything]-3T, the first jump will receive a bonus of 0.001*[BV of first jump]2. The 3T will receive a bonus of 0.5.
4. For 3[anything]-3Lo, the first jump will receive a bonus of 0.0015*[BV of first jump]2. The 3Lo will receive a bonus of 1.5.
5. A 3S on the end of a combination will receive a bonus of 1.5.
This system of bonus stacking will of course lead to very high values for jumps, so increases to the BV of the non-jump technical elements like spins and steps may be in order.
Additionally, many people are calling for a return to 6.0. SO, I propose at the end of all this number crunching, the TES is multiplied by 4.5 while the PCS is multiplied by 5 (theoretical maximum of 400) and we take the natural logarithm of each number to bring the values somewhere near 6. At the end we have:
TES = ln(4.5) + ln(Raw TES)
PCS = ln(5) + ln(Raw PCS)