Skaters who do not miss competitions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters who do not miss competitions

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The "correction" made about a 1/8 inch difference which can affect a skater's jumps (AJ and Jenny Kirk recently did an interview with Tim Goebel and be confirmed that even the smallest changes in a skater's boot can lead to disastrous results and injuries). Do you think her experience with the Riedell boots helped her here with the heel difference or do you think it was her experience in skating for so long?

Neither. I think it was her unique mental strength. More than most other skaters, Michelle seemed to have the ability to almost instantaneously banish obstacles, oopsies, and distractions, and just get down to business. She didn't let this rattle her and same for the incident like the tutu-wearing fan escaping onto the ice just as she was about to get into position for her program (2004?). Also, on the uncommon occasion when she made a mistake/had a fall, etc., she didn't come unglued. I can't recall ever seeing her in a true "meltdown" situation. And I can't recall a time when she stopped giving the audience a performance. She never "phoned it in".

skateluvr

Record Breaker
SOTBS and that dress. She was never prettier imo, and I include the 33 year old bride in People. She was just exquisite at that age. Interesting MK did not marry or ever date an asian and only her sister was asian of her five bridesmaids. Clay is clearly non-asian. I wonder was Vera maybe the only other Chinese woman? And we know Karen married Peter Oppegard. With Danny the role model for Princess Kwan and her beloved everything, Clay is hardworking, but it's almost like being Chinese and her culture is a bit forgotten in personal life?. I could be wrong.

MK is a multi-millionaire for a long long time now. She is free to do the volunteer DC stuff forever.