Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 5 Quads for Max Aaron?

Custom Title
    Reynolds hasn't developed presentation skills because his coach Joanne McLeod doesn't seem to know how to do that. Remember Mira Leung?

Unfortunately, Max Aaron has the US version of McLeod in Tom Zakrajsek. Zakrajsek used to coach (among others) Rachael Flatt, Agnes Zawadzki and Joshua Farris. All three ultimately left him. Tom Z now has Brandon Mroz, who jumps like a robot with no expression, and Max Aaron, who moved from Arizona to Broadmoor. I'd like to see Max get away from Tom Z ASAP!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Aaron will still have a hard time beating Reynolds
    Does your pro-Canadian craziness ever stop?

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    I would imagine that any skater who can (over the course of two programs) successful land 5 quads, 3 triple axels, and the full complement of "lesser" triples would amass such staggering technical merit that they would be a medal threat, even with average PCS.

Of course, the trick to this is actually landing them in the pressure of the moment.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Reynolds hasn't developed presentation skills because his coach Joanne McLeod doesn't seem to know how to do that. Remember Mira Leung?

Unfortunately, Max Aaron has the US version of McLeod in Tom Zakrajsek. Zakrajsek used to coach (among others) Rachael Flatt, Agnes Zawadzki and Joshua Farris. All three ultimately left him. Tom Z now has Brandon Mroz, who jumps like a robot with no expression, and Max Aaron, who moved from Arizona to Broadmoor. I'd like to see Max get away from Tom Z ASAP!
    Actually Kevin Reynolds has improved a lot in artistry and quite decent now. I guess once you get the bad reputation it is hard to get rid of it, just as people with good rep would still score height even when they skate badly.

Custom Title
    Aaron was 5th at 2011 JW with a total score of 193+. He didn't have the quad then, but he landed two clean 3As.
    This season, he won the US International Classic, scoring 231.27, landing a 4S combo in the SP and a 4S in the FS.
    He was 2nd behind Keegan Messing at Coupe de Nice, scoring 219.62; he didn't land any quads there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Reynolds' jump technique is faulty: he attempts lots of quads in his FS but rarely rotates and lands all of them. His 3A is iffy and often UR. He is one of the few men who regularly flutz.

Max is a more consistent jumper than Reynolds and he has less missteps.
    Yeah Youre right, when I saw max being compared to Kevin I was kind of like ....no , Jumps are considered a strength for both of them but that is where the similarity ends IMO Max really JUMPS! his jumps are huge, Kevin gets very little height on any of his jumps, even his triples, his 3a is really weak too, and Aarons is a monster!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3