Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Coyote back in Den

Old Coyote back in Den

I have survived the airline system once again and made it home...exhausted but home.
    Its gonna take me a few days to acclimate to real life....!
    I will post a bunch of pics as time allows...
    I need a bit of help...had this pic taken of me and four young ladies at the FOFS breakfast.
    I know Mariah Bell...can you save me the trouble of doing some looking up and name the other three?
    Thanks!
    Tired old coyote who cant explain to folks why us retired people have no time.
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...atersshare.jpg

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I have survived the airline system once again and made it home...exhausted but home.
    Its gonna take me a few days to acclimate to real life....!
    I will post a bunch of pics as time allows...
    I need a bit of help...had this pic taken of me and four young ladies at the FOFS breakfast.
    I know Mariah Bell...can you save me the trouble of doing some looking up and name the other three?
    Thanks!
    Tired old coyote who cant explain to folks why us retired people have no time.
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...atersshare.jpg
    Hannah Miller is second from left next to Mariah.

Custom Title
    [/url]
    Did you get delayed yesterday by the horrific fog here? I did not have fun taking my home to Lincoln and driving back home (25 miles north of Omaha) myself in that on Sunday, and had less fun driving to and from a town 30 miles away to sub yesterday!

louisa05, it was so nice to meet you and your lovely mother! Thanks for saying hi. I was not worried about the fog. As a pilot I know about minimum conditions and certain equipment that certain Airlines have and that certain airports have to allow operations to go forth. For instance, fog is very common in Spokane during the winter and while Delta aircraft have the needed equipment, Horizon airlines, a connection airline, does not have the needed equipment to operate their Bombardier Q400s in deep fog on certain runways so I would have been sweating bullets if I needed to get to SeaTac first. I do hate fog though and driving in it is no fun. We have ice fog here where there can be fog when it is below freezing that freezes to the road making black ice and it freezes to everything else from aircraft wings to trees.....

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...r/P1090133.jpg
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ris303/Winter/
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    Did you get delayed yesterday by the horrific fog here? I did not have fun taking my home to Lincoln and driving back home (25 miles north of Omaha) myself in that on Sunday, and had less fun driving to and from a town 30 miles away to sub yesterday!

Thanks! Two down, two to go....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Hannah Miller is second from left next to Mariah.

Custom Title
    louisa05, it was so nice to meet you and your lovely mother! Thanks for saying hi. I was not worried about the fog. As a pilot I know about minimum conditions and certain equipment that certain Airlines have and that certain airports have to allow operations to go forth. For instance, fog is very common in Spokane during the winter and while Delta aircraft have the needed equipment, Horizon airlines, a connection airline, does not have the needed equipment to operate their Bombardier Q400s in deep fog on certain runways so I would have been sweating bullets if I needed to get to SeaTac first. I do hate fog though and driving in it is no fun. We have ice fog here where there can be fog when it is below freezing that freezes to the road making black ice and it freezes to everything else from aircraft wings to trees.....

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...r/P1090133.jpg
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ris303/Winter/
    We can get the ice fog here, too. Not often, fortunately. The forecast Sunday night was for it to be around 29-31 in the early morning, so I was very concerned about that for driving to my sub job Monday. If it is that warm, schools assume it will be okay by 8 a.m. and don't close for icy roads. Luckily, it was 36 at 6 a.m., so visibility was the only problem.

We enjoyed meeting you, too. Nationals was indeed the perfect break for my mom. My nephew noted it best, saying she was "lighter and happier" than she has been in months when we got back to my parents' house.

Custom Title
    I'm glad your mom had such a good time, Louisa, and that you did as well. And that you and Chris got to meet up. Chris, thanks so much for the photos you're starting to show us! You're a great skating reporter. (And a great ice photographer as well.) I'm sorry you guys had so much fog but relieved that all have arrived safely home. We had a bunch of fog a week or two ago, but it's not typical around here, and fortunately I didn't have to drive or be driven anywhere.

So glad about mom....pics will take time.....there are about 300 of them of which I predict I will probably have 50 worthwhile ones....some are pretty interesting and esoteric. Still exhausted but doing better....watching all those skates is very tiring! Go ahead and laugh but sitting in a seat for 70 plus hours, running here and there to dinners and naps, and talking with skating fans and friends for a week plus our wonderful airline system will knock you out for a few days....playing catch up on the paperwork alone takes a week.....never retire! You will loose all your free time.....chris planning for worlds....
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    We can get the ice fog here, too. Not often, fortunately. The forecast Sunday night was for it to be around 29-31 in the early morning, so I was very concerned about that for driving to my sub job Monday. If it is that warm, schools assume it will be okay by 8 a.m. and don't close for icy roads. Luckily, it was 36 at 6 a.m., so visibility was the only problem.

We enjoyed meeting you, too. Nationals was indeed the perfect break for my mom. My nephew noted it best, saying she was "lighter and happier" than she has been in months when we got back to my parents' house.

Custom Title
    Goody, Chris! Are you going to Worlds?

*rubs hands in gleeful anticipation of more skating reports*

Oh yeah, am going to worlds....although the fan facilities are not the best.....
    I am thinking skater four in the pic is Novice Ice dancers Lauren Leonesio or Sammi Wren. But then I look at novice pairs person Grace Knoop and that seems more like her face. And the old pics in the daily "program" arent much help....
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Goody, Chris! Are you going to Worlds?

*rubs hands in gleeful anticipation of more skating reports*

Welcome home, Chris! Glad you got to meet Louisa & her mom. Looking forward to your pics from Nats!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Chris, glad to hear that you're home safe and sound.

I read the topic heading really quick and thought it said... "Odd Coyote Back In Den."

I'm so glad that you seemed to have a good time in my home city. I wished I could've had the opportunity to meet you. I tried to help by posting various restaurants and places to go and I did see you on TV many times. I was quite proud of the coverage that Omaha did for the event.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Is that Chloe Lewis, of Lewis & Bye, Novice dancers, on the far right????

Doris, who is very bad at facial identification.

I am bad too....I found a pic of Chloe at Omaha on the web and she is still a blond whereas the girl in the pic is a redhead. Chloe has eyes that are closer together, also. I will watch some perfomances on the web(INW) this weekend and see if I can pic her out.
    Barb is off to the left coast for a dog show so I will work on my pics too. The bad news is that I think the DVD recorder ruinned the dvd I had set the timer for so no NBC...maybe it will play on my confuser...too bad Icenetwork skaters section is incomplete.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Is that Chloe Lewis, of Lewis & Bye, Novice dancers, on the far right????

Doris, who is very bad at facial identification.

Thanks! I really enjoyed the Upstream and the Spagetti works....Ms pub was good for food but had so so beer offerings. Wish I could have tried more restaurants but that darned Middle Earth Barley Wine beer at Upstream did me in (9 percent alch.)....had to go back for more. Omaha did a very nice job....I got the daily paper free and while no one will ever beat Spokane 2007 for newspaper coverage, they did do a good job at Omaha. And Omaha turned out for the Ladies Free and somewhat for the Mens Free. I was very favorably impressed with Omaha but was quite suprised the size of the airport....much smaller than I expected....but certainly big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Chris, glad to hear that you're home safe and sound.

I read the topic heading really quick and thought it said... "Odd Coyote Back In Den."

I'm so glad that you seemed to have a good time in my home city. I wished I could've had the opportunity to meet you. I tried to help by posting various restaurants and places to go and I did see you on TV many times. I was quite proud of the coverage that Omaha did for the event.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast