Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Old Coyote back in Den

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    IN now has the whole competition up, except for the gala.

By the way, looking at the pics of the four girls that were taken without flash, we can not really say girl four is a redhead.....she actually looks like polina Edmonds a bit.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    What a poetic name, Madison Vinci. It goes on my list of favorite athletes' names, next to another wonderful skater's name from years ago, Tristan Vega. (Also a girl, though the Tristan of Arthurian legend was a guy.) I collect names. Many years ago, there was a Nigerian runner named Innocent Egbunike. It's tempting to use these names in stories, except there's probably only one person with each of those names in the whole world, and I'd feel like such a copycat.

My endrochinologist has the most beautiful maiden name...there is no way I can pronounce it (she is from India) but I make her say it every time I see her....it sounds like music when she says it.

I am thinking if the performances dont help cause I go batty watching them, I can use the Sherlock Holmes technique. I take a list of all the skaters and do process of elimination. It should be easy to cross off 200 of them straight away....
    Chris going through pics....

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What a poetic name, Madison Vinci. It goes on my list of favorite athletes' names, next to another wonderful skater's name from years ago, Tristan Vega. (Also a girl, though the Tristan of Arthurian legend was a guy.) I collect names. Many years ago, there was a Nigerian runner named Innocent Egbunike. It's tempting to use these names in stories, except there's probably only one person with each of those names in the whole world, and I'd feel like such a copycat.

Custom Title
    So after all the talk about Upstream during/before Nats...

My husband and I just made a Valentine's Day reservation for there. We haven't been in a long time!

I hope they have more Middle Earth Barley wine. You should ask for a sample! And do try the cheese cake...
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    So after all the talk about Upstream during/before Nats...

My husband and I just made a Valentine's Day reservation for there. We haven't been in a long time!

Custom Title
    That sounds like a nice place. My first question, of course, is what do they have as a chocolate dessert?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That sounds like a nice place. My first question, of course, is what do they have as a chocolate dessert?
    Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
    warm vanilla bread pudding with brownie nuggets, served with pecan caramel, chocolate bourbon anglaise, and whipped cream. 5.99
    Orange Cocoa
    three layers of chocolate cake filled with dark chocolate mousse, orange preserve, and chocolate buttercream, finished with a cocoa glaze and pistachio anglaise 5.65

Rocky Road Souffle
    a warm fallen chocolate souffle loaded up with toasted walnut, butter toffee and mallow cream, served with Vanilla Bean ice cream 5.99

Holiday Spice Brulee
    a smooth and rich spiced custard set below a crisp caramel topping, served with whipped cream and a touch of spice. 5.75

Warm German Chocolate Cake
    made from scratch buttermilk and chocolate cake glazed with coconut and pecan icing, served with Vanilla Bean ice cream. 3.99

Custom Title
    Oh, my goodness! Let me at it! I dibs the Rocky Road Souffle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2