Old Coyote back in Den | Golden Skate

Old Coyote back in Den

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have survived the airline system once again and made it home...exhausted but home.
Its gonna take me a few days to acclimate to real life....!
I will post a bunch of pics as time allows...
I need a bit of help...had this pic taken of me and four young ladies at the FOFS breakfast.
I know Mariah Bell...can you save me the trouble of doing some looking up and name the other three?
Thanks!
Tired old coyote who cant explain to folks why us retired people have no time.:)
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Omaha2013/skatersshare.jpg

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have survived the airline system once again and made it home...exhausted but home.
Its gonna take me a few days to acclimate to real life....!
I will post a bunch of pics as time allows...
I need a bit of help...had this pic taken of me and four young ladies at the FOFS breakfast.
I know Mariah Bell...can you save me the trouble of doing some looking up and name the other three?
Thanks!
Tired old coyote who cant explain to folks why us retired people have no time.:)
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Omaha2013/skatersshare.jpg

Hannah Miller is second from left next to Mariah.

louisa05

Final Flight
[/url]

Did you get delayed yesterday by the horrific fog here? I did not have fun taking my home to Lincoln and driving back home (25 miles north of Omaha) myself in that on Sunday, and had less fun driving to and from a town 30 miles away to sub yesterday!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
louisa05, it was so nice to meet you and your lovely mother! Thanks for saying hi. I was not worried about the fog. As a pilot I know about minimum conditions and certain equipment that certain Airlines have and that certain airports have to allow operations to go forth. For instance, fog is very common in Spokane during the winter and while Delta aircraft have the needed equipment, Horizon airlines, a connection airline, does not have the needed equipment to operate their Bombardier Q400s in deep fog on certain runways so I would have been sweating bullets if I needed to get to SeaTac first. I do hate fog though and driving in it is no fun. We have ice fog here where there can be fog when it is below freezing that freezes to the road making black ice and it freezes to everything else from aircraft wings to trees.....

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Winter/P1090133.jpg
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Winter/
Did you get delayed yesterday by the horrific fog here? I did not have fun taking my home to Lincoln and driving back home (25 miles north of Omaha) myself in that on Sunday, and had less fun driving to and from a town 30 miles away to sub yesterday!

louisa05

Final Flight
louisa05, it was so nice to meet you and your lovely mother! Thanks for saying hi. I was not worried about the fog. As a pilot I know about minimum conditions and certain equipment that certain Airlines have and that certain airports have to allow operations to go forth. For instance, fog is very common in Spokane during the winter and while Delta aircraft have the needed equipment, Horizon airlines, a connection airline, does not have the needed equipment to operate their Bombardier Q400s in deep fog on certain runways so I would have been sweating bullets if I needed to get to SeaTac first. I do hate fog though and driving in it is no fun. We have ice fog here where there can be fog when it is below freezing that freezes to the road making black ice and it freezes to everything else from aircraft wings to trees.....

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Winter/P1090133.jpg
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Winter/

We can get the ice fog here, too. Not often, fortunately. The forecast Sunday night was for it to be around 29-31 in the early morning, so I was very concerned about that for driving to my sub job Monday. If it is that warm, schools assume it will be okay by 8 a.m. and don't close for icy roads. Luckily, it was 36 at 6 a.m., so visibility was the only problem.

We enjoyed meeting you, too. Nationals was indeed the perfect break for my mom. My nephew noted it best, saying she was "lighter and happier" than she has been in months when we got back to my parents' house.

I'm glad your mom had such a good time, Louisa, and that you did as well. And that you and Chris got to meet up. Chris, thanks so much for the photos you're starting to show us! You're a great skating reporter. (And a great ice photographer as well.) I'm sorry you guys had so much fog but relieved that all have arrived safely home. We had a bunch of fog a week or two ago, but it's not typical around here, and fortunately I didn't have to drive or be driven anywhere.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So glad about mom....pics will take time.....there are about 300 of them of which I predict I will probably have 50 worthwhile ones....some are pretty interesting and esoteric. Still exhausted but doing better....watching all those skates is very tiring! Go ahead and laugh but sitting in a seat for 70 plus hours, running here and there to dinners and naps, and talking with skating fans and friends for a week plus our wonderful airline system will knock you out for a few days....playing catch up on the paperwork alone takes a week.....never retire! You will loose all your free time.....chris planning for worlds....
We can get the ice fog here, too. Not often, fortunately. The forecast Sunday night was for it to be around 29-31 in the early morning, so I was very concerned about that for driving to my sub job Monday. If it is that warm, schools assume it will be okay by 8 a.m. and don't close for icy roads. Luckily, it was 36 at 6 a.m., so visibility was the only problem.

We enjoyed meeting you, too. Nationals was indeed the perfect break for my mom. My nephew noted it best, saying she was "lighter and happier" than she has been in months when we got back to my parents' house.

Goody, Chris! Are you going to Worlds?

*rubs hands in gleeful anticipation of more skating reports*

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, am going to worlds....although the fan facilities are not the best.....
I am thinking skater four in the pic is Novice Ice dancers Lauren Leonesio or Sammi Wren. But then I look at novice pairs person Grace Knoop and that seems more like her face. And the old pics in the daily "program" arent much help....
Goody, Chris! Are you going to Worlds?

*rubs hands in gleeful anticipation of more skating reports*

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome home, Chris! Glad you got to meet Louisa & her mom. Looking forward to your pics from Nats! :biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chris, glad to hear that you're home safe and sound.

I read the topic heading really quick and thought it said... "Odd Coyote Back In Den." :laugh: :laugh:

I'm so glad that you seemed to have a good time in my home city. I wished I could've had the opportunity to meet you. I tried to help by posting various restaurants and places to go and I did see you on TV many times. I was quite proud of the coverage that Omaha did for the event.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Is that Chloe Lewis, of Lewis & Bye, Novice dancers, on the far right????

Doris, who is very bad at facial identification.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am bad too....I found a pic of Chloe at Omaha on the web and she is still a blond whereas the girl in the pic is a redhead. Chloe has eyes that are closer together, also. I will watch some perfomances on the web(INW) this weekend and see if I can pic her out.
Barb is off to the left coast for a dog show so I will work on my pics too. The bad news is that I think the DVD recorder ruinned the dvd I had set the timer for so no NBC...maybe it will play on my confuser...too bad Icenetwork skaters section is incomplete.
Is that Chloe Lewis, of Lewis & Bye, Novice dancers, on the far right????

Doris, who is very bad at facial identification.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! I really enjoyed the Upstream and the Spagetti works....Ms pub was good for food but had so so beer offerings. Wish I could have tried more restaurants but that darned Middle Earth Barley Wine beer at Upstream did me in (9 percent alch.)....had to go back for more. Omaha did a very nice job....I got the daily paper free and while no one will ever beat Spokane 2007 for newspaper coverage, they did do a good job at Omaha. And Omaha turned out for the Ladies Free and somewhat for the Mens Free. I was very favorably impressed with Omaha but was quite suprised the size of the airport....much smaller than I expected....but certainly big enough.

Chris, glad to hear that you're home safe and sound.

I read the topic heading really quick and thought it said... "Odd Coyote Back In Den." :laugh: :laugh:

I'm so glad that you seemed to have a good time in my home city. I wished I could've had the opportunity to meet you. I tried to help by posting various restaurants and places to go and I did see you on TV many times. I was quite proud of the coverage that Omaha did for the event.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
By the way, looking at the pics of the four girls that were taken without flash, we can not really say girl four is a redhead.....she actually looks like polina Edmonds a bit.....

What a poetic name, Madison Vinci. It goes on my list of favorite athletes' names, next to another wonderful skater's name from years ago, Tristan Vega. (Also a girl, though the Tristan of Arthurian legend was a guy.) I collect names. Many years ago, there was a Nigerian runner named Innocent Egbunike. It's tempting to use these names in stories, except there's probably only one person with each of those names in the whole world, and I'd feel like such a copycat.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My endrochinologist has the most beautiful maiden name...there is no way I can pronounce it (she is from India) but I make her say it every time I see her....it sounds like music when she says it.

I am thinking if the performances dont help cause I go batty watching them, I can use the Sherlock Holmes technique. I take a list of all the skaters and do process of elimination. It should be easy to cross off 200 of them straight away....
Chris going through pics....

What a poetic name, Madison Vinci. It goes on my list of favorite athletes' names, next to another wonderful skater's name from years ago, Tristan Vega. (Also a girl, though the Tristan of Arthurian legend was a guy.) I collect names. Many years ago, there was a Nigerian runner named Innocent Egbunike. It's tempting to use these names in stories, except there's probably only one person with each of those names in the whole world, and I'd feel like such a copycat.