Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max Aaron the new Elvis Stojko??

Custom Title

Max Aaron the new Elvis Stojko??

LOOK at how eerily similar their skating body types and skating styles are in their matching cool techno short programs!!

Max techno sp
    http://youtu.be/FVm1sNlgMQo

Elvis techno sp
    http://youtu.be/LXHM5lzNR-E

GO MAX GO hope you win a medal at WORLDS and GOLD at 4cc wheeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    LOOK at how eerily similar their skating body types and skating styles are in their matching cool techno short programs!!

Max techno sp
    http://youtu.be/FVm1sNlgMQo

Elvis techno sp
    http://youtu.be/LXHM5lzNR-E

GO MAX GO hope you win a medal at WORLDS and GOLD at 4cc wheeee!
    When i saw him, I thought, he looks like Elvis. And his jumping ability is also similar.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Yeah pretty much. Jumps and not much else.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Max wins seven national championships, three world championships, and two Olympic medals.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I guess we will have to wait and see if Max wins seven national championships, three world championships, and two Olympic medals.
    And one of the Olympic medals whilst injured so much, he won't be able to walk off the ice on his own. ;P

^ My goodness! Give Max a chance! He certainly has time to develop his artistry (and I don't feel he's devoid of it, either).

Custom Title
    I thought Keegan was Stojko 2.0? I mean, don't some people call him "Alaskan Elvis"? Max has a similar build but to me, Keegan is more Stojko-esque. Max is more like KVDP, but in time, he can maybe become more like a Joubert.

Custom Title
    Max's pcs scores at some international events have been on par with those of Jason Brown.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Max's pcs scores at some international events have been on par with those of Jason Brown.
    Landing difficult jumps gives you high PCS. Sad but true.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    What a horrible insult to Aaron. As artistically and musically dead as Aaron is, he's still miles ahead of Stojko in his basic skating, footwork and spins due to the fact that Aaron trains and competes under the IJS. Please, if Stojko had to compete under the modern system, he'd have run screaming and crying off to bumper car racing or whatever it is he does now. Also, Aaron has never made the kind of sexist, homophobic remarks Stojko repeatedly makes. So Aaron's better than Stojko as a person, if Stojko can be considered a person.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    I just looked at one of Aaron's performances from this season and he frantically scraped a lot of tiny cross-overs in order to generate speed. It looked like a Benny Hill video or something.

Custom Title
    I think the insult is to Elvis if anything. Max does not have the persona or the consistent raw power of Elvis. His costumes are flat; he is a jumper but does not have the power and excitement or charisma of Elvis - yet. Max has not shown the it factor consistently. Was he really on the radar until nats? It probably doesn't help that even his name is flat (two first names) Nothing against him but he will have to earn his accolades and it will take more than one great nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah pretty much. Jumps and not much else.
    Minus the record that Elvis has I agree that he reminds me of him. However there were a couple of Elvis programs that I did enjoy.
    Last edited by lavender; 01-30-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    That is such a insult to Jason....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Minus the record that Elvis has I agree that he reminds me of him. However there were a couple of Elvis programs that I did enjoy.
    Maybe his body type?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast