Max Aaron the new Elvis Stojko?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron the new Elvis Stojko??

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm a diehard Kurt Browning fan and loved the lyricism of his skating and the musicality and the personality on the ice AND the skating skills.

Kurt fan but somehow I found a way to enjoy Elvis at times. Not really enjoying Aaron...sorry.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I thought Keegan was Stojko 2.0? I mean, don't some people call him "Alaskan Elvis"? Max has a similar build but to me, Keegan is more Stojko-esque. Max is more like KVDP, but in time, he can maybe become more like a Joubert.

While Keegan himself lists his favorite skater as Stojko, I've not seen him be called that. Then again I'm not as active on other boards.

I have heard people say he reminds them of Scott Hamilton, though. However, I think he's finally taller that Scott. ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, and people are putting pressure on Osmond?!

Comparing him to Stojko, I think it's just his posture and way of jumping that reminds me of Stojko although Aaron has better lines, better spins, and better artistry.

I think people are honestly being far too harsh labelling Aaron as lacking in artistry. If he bombed at Nationals, he'd just be another average skater, but because he happened to have superb jumping enabling him to win, people automatically are quick to insult his artistry. It's rare for a skater to get both consistent jumping and greatly improved artistry in one season (Fernandez being one of the examples that comes to mind). Give the guy a chance to at least enjoy his Nationals win and his first Worlds and then develop the rest of his skating for next season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, from obscurity to get his own threads. We are a fickle bunch. Max Aaron barely got a mention before nats - only if he was on a list of competitiors at nats. Let\s give the boy a chance to figure out who he is and who knows how he will fair internationally or if he will be consistent or...

Bentley

Rinkside
Some of you are really mean. Good for Max Aaron. A score of 255 is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:

samba

On the Ice
Give the kid a break! He just won US men gold medal! He will hopefully develop the finesse and artistry in the future. At his young career, he landed the most difficult jumps, not one but two, in the most prestigious competition of USA.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I don't like his choreography but he's a good looking and charismatic boy. Sure his body type is not ideal but far better than Elvis' IMO . I love the pure joy after he finished skating. I really hope he works on his presentation, especially in the LP after the first quad and first spin.