• Don't know!

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Don't care!

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I do like Plushy's presentatoin. I agree, though, that there has been too much repetition within his programs. I agree with all those who say keep Mishin, hire an outside choreographer.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tho if it gets any longer perhaps he could put it up in a bun??
JonnyCoop, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Mishin should get a great, not good but great choreographer for Evgeni. I just wondered what Evgeni could have done with the flamenco music this past year with great choreography to that kind of music. I thought the music cuts were just terrible.

When I was at Skate Canada, Mishin was video recording Sandu. Wonder why?

Dee

lulu

Final Flight
I don't know why Mishin was specifically taping Sandhu, although I do remember Mishin and or Plushenko praising him.
Mishin also taped Sarah Meier(SP) the Swiss National Champions.
Maybe he likes to keep a skating tape collection:p

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
lulu said:
I don't know why Mishin was specifically taping Sandhu, although I do remember Mishin and or Plushenko praising him.

LOL, I would rather think that Mishin taped these specific skaters because of their impressive spins? I would expect him to improve Plushenko on different areas because of CoP and spinning is one of them.

I doubt that Plushy would leave Mishin, but he should find a new choreographer. He did though have a fantastic gala performance of his freeskate. And WHAT A FANTASTIC FOOTWORK!!! He has such a quick feet, has been the most impressive eligible skater in footwork for years, in my opinion. And I´d imagine that his has the quality which is appreciated by the judges.

Marjaana

Ilia Kulik photos & photolinks
http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index.html

Last edited:

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
lulu said:

Apparently, Mishin usually tapes skaters he believes to be potential threats to Plushenko. He was seen various times in the past taping Yagudin too, step sequences, IIRC. Maybe that's why Dick Button said at the 2001 GPF that the SL sequence in that Cirque du Soleil LP was awfully alike Yagudin's LOL I think there are plenty of things he'd want to tape from Sandhu, I mean, what's not to like? :D

I think Plushenko feels very comfortable with Mishin and obviously he doesn't seem to want to change. It's not like they haven't been successful together LOL If it's not broken, why fix it, right? :) Personally, like others, I'd love to see what would happen if Plushenko worked with other coach or at least a different choreographer. I have the impression he would cut a bit on the flailing arms and stuff. I've read reviews from COI and other shows where people mentioned that he didn't seem so over the top whene he's "on his own". Who knows what Plushenko's "natural" tendencies are in terms of style and performance.

ouridol

On the Ice
shine said:
Plush should fire Mishin and go to Sandhu to learn what real ballet is if he doesn't want to keep insulting Nijinski, or go to Lambiel to learn how to skate and dance to music like Magic Stradivarius and such.
Plush's presentation is getting old. Always the same old strange hand gestures, and occasional stomping the ice with both toe picks trying to look passionate or angsty or arteeestic or whatever when it doesn't fit the music at all is just zzzzz and :confused:
LOL yea i was just gonna say that:laugh:
I personally dont see HOW plushy gets all those 6.0's undeservedly...ive never seen him TRULY portray the character or actually feel his music:confused: :rolleye:

anya_angie

Final Flight
I know I'm not the only person who actually understands his programs.

"real ballet" huh? Hm, I guess you believe the teacher at the Mariyinsky (I forget her name, I'll have to look the interview up sometime) who offered Plushenko a spot there was a bit off if that be the case.

Just cause most people can't understand it doesn't mean it's no good. Picasso? Hello? I think people thought he was a travesty to art when he was around. Am I right?

He's contemporary, he's different. He's not a skater who does the same type of program 4 years in a row like most silly skaters do. Why is it people can't respect him? Kulik raised eyebrows with Rhapsody in Blue when he first skated that, didn't he?

I'm an intellectual. I like things that stimulate my mind. When I see, say, Sale/Pelltier's Love Story I go why? The story has been done literally to death. Plushenko has told the emotions during the history of his city, and the story of a tormented dancer, and instead of going WTF is he trying to pull? I think, well that's interesting, clever, I can learn from this. Thus I analyze it over and over, without sound so I don't have to listen to the senile Dick Button. I learn from this man and his choreographers, and Mishin, and they have given me some wonderful ideas for programs. I would love to see Plushenko do my Pianist program.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Plushenko knows what he's doing. He created his program for Carmen.

To understand the Nijinsky program, do some reading on his site that explains it from his own lips. www.evgeniplushenko.net Or if you want to try to figure it out yourself, it requires the use of something particularly valuable, let me think of what it's called again... oh yes, it's called a brain. (no offense intended)

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
Anya_angie,

I think Kulik raised eyebrows with "Rhapsody in Blue" more because of his "Rhapsody in Moo" costume, not his performance or presentation of the music.

Everyone has different opinions and likes/dislikes of style and choreography. I respect Plush a great deal as a talented and challenging force to be reckoned with, and with great consistancy over the years. However, I often feel his choreography, although maybe difficult, consists of a lot of posing, posturing and erraticism. I don't find it thought-provoking, but annoying. That is simply my dislike of the style. It doesn't mean I'm lacking a brain.

Kasey

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Mishin is not Plush's choreographer.

Thank you for listening. Windspirit and others ahve said this already, but no one is paying attention.

Anyway, having seen Plush and Mishin interact, Plush will never leave him. Mishin is like Plush's second father.

I'd post more, but I'm tired. Go back and read WS and AA's posts for how I feel.

Later,

Laura :)

BittyBug

On the Ice
Pluschenko and Mishin seem to have a wonderful relationship, and there's no arguing with Plushy's results, so why change?
Originally posted by JonnyCoop
As for the hair -- yeah, I've been saying for years, Will you DO something about that? But then at one of his competitions this year, I was looking at him up close during a close-up and I honestly don't think there's anything that can be done. He has straight fine hair and the only thing going for it is its color. As someone who has the same type of hair, I can tell you, you can't do much with it. Yeah, he could cut it, but given his facial features, I think he would look absolutely ridicolous with shorter hair. Tho if it gets any longer perhaps he could put it up in a bun??:laugh:
Perhaps he could slick it back like Adrien Brody.

Toffee

Rinkside
I don't care if Plushenko leaves Mishin, but I think he won't ever do that.

I'm with those who'd appreciate a better choreography from Plush. Guys from Mariinsky are not the answer. I agree with Joesitz, this is not a ballet, this is figure skating with its own specifics. Choreography on the floor and on the ice is not the same thing. Figure skating choreographer must realize that things that work on a theatre stage are not always good for a skating program.

Chrystia Mee

Rinkside
All that Jazz said:
Probably it'll never happen, but I'd love to see just once what Tarasova could do for Plushenko.

THat'll be the day. Isn't Yagudin doing some "coaching/helping" at the Tarasova camp lately? I'm sure Plushenko would be ecstatic to get tips from Yagudin :laugh: ! Not to mention Joubert works with Yagudin as of late, and Weir works with Tarasova as well. I think we can safely say the odds of Plushenko training with Tarasova are zilch.

I don't see Plushenko leaving Mishin as long as he is still olympic eligible. But I do think it is a bit of a shame. I think another coach might relaly bring out qualities in Plushenko that he's not aware of. Mishin is so identified with Plushenko as he is and they've been together so long they've adapated to this style or are too content with it. I'm not a Plushenko fan, but he is talented and capable of more than what he does (not in terms of jumps etc, but his spins are capable of being stronger and artistry/presentation I think he could bring himself to a whole new level if someone helped him realize it was there). I think he needs to really "re-discover" something with his skating or try something completely new to keep other skaters chasing him.

Vash01

Medalist
I very much like what Mishin has done with Plushenko. Plushy has his own style, good technique, and consistency. He is not a clone of Yagudin, the way Joubert is. He would be crazy to leave Mishin who is totally devoted to him. Tarasova is not a panacea for every skater's weaknesses. Plushenko is right in staying where he is. Not only he has a coach who has known him for years, but also the warmth of his family.

ceg15

On the Ice
I don't actually care if he leaves Mishin, If I were him I would stay because he ahs been so succesfull over the years with him. Yes, I think his style/choreography is getting old and he would probably develop more with another coach. But he should stay with Mishin at least until after the olympics.... Just my opinion anywayss...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
windspirit said:
but I must say that I'd love to see what others could do for and with him.
Windspirit, I agree but I doubt we will ever find out.

Dee