Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Can Kostner hold off Russian babies?

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel
    too many if ... I she skates her two programs clean, as she did last year at worlds ...
    But, erm.... she didn't. She popped two jumps, one in the SP an one in the LP. Especially in the SP that might prove very expensive if it happens this year again - it doesn't affect her great performances for me, but it reduces the BV. That might be enough for quite a few skaters to overtake her if they're clean, Adelina and Liza clearly are two of them.

If this question means can Carolina hold them off at 2013 worlds, of course it's yes. If we're talking about next season though, it might change. Adelina and Liza are more likely than Caro to improve a lot until then. Caro's advantage are the PCS (rightfully so), but it's not as if the young russians couldn't get better in this regards. Let alone better choreography would help them a lot. By now, my guess would be that a clean Caro will still win against clean Adelina and clean Liza next year, but if she makes mistakes again, the gap won't be wide enough anymore to keep her ahead.

Custom Title
    Carolina has high PCS. I'd say Yuna, Mao, and Carolina would have a high PCS, but I think either Mao or Carolina's would be highest. If I remember correctly, Yuna never won the competition(major one) because she had a high PCS. So Carolina should be ahead of Russian girls when it comes to PCS.

But, to say the truth, Carolina's TES is far behind Russian girls, Gracie, Yuna and maybe even Mao.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    I agree with your opinion of Yuna. Although I recognized she skated very well in Vancouver, her performances there didn't move me or interest me greatly. Her skating felt a bit cold, remote. Now it's different. The few times we've seen her since Vancouver, I've really felt a new depth and maturity and emotion in her skating. Almost as if her inner self was liberated a bit once the pressure was off to get the OGM. I am really a fan of Yuna now. In Vancouver I still much preferred Mao, but now I love them both. And Carolina, too.
    In my opinion. In the past, yuna using the whole body to express the music.

sorry for fans
    but, I continue to compare her with her past...
    since 2011 world, I felt yuna was changed. i have felt her facial expression too much and less 'Magical' in performance that sets her apart from other skaters
    in the past, she seemed like every movement in her heart
    I like 06-07 season Tango de Roxane' 08-09 season Danse macabre than 2011 sp 'Giselle' and 'kiss of vampires' in this season.

i think she mind to returned,
    she should fight with her past. although she is older than before...
    I want to see a great program more than danse macabre
    Last edited by venlac; 02-03-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Carolina has high PCS. I'd say Yuna, Mao, and Carolina would have a high PCS, but I think either Mao or Carolina's would be highest. If I remember correctly, Yuna never won the competition(major one) because she had a high PCS. So Carolina should be ahead of Russian girls when it comes to PCS.

But, to say the truth, Carolina's TES is far behind Russian girls, Gracie, Yuna and maybe even Mao.
    It's true Yuna's never won anything aided by PCS but it's also true that she's always received the highest PCS in any event she entered, i.e., GP series, GPF, 4cc, worlds, and olympics since 2007. That means that she never won the competition not because she doesn't have high PCS but because she didn't get enough TES to win overall.

Carolina sure has more then enough ability to hold off any Russian girls. Even with mistakes, there's no denying that she is a far superior skater than any of them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Carolina sure has more then enough ability to hold off any Russian girls. Even with mistakes, there's no denying that she is a far superior skater than any of them.
    I would say it depends on the circumstances. I think Liza has already managed to beat her last season at GP event. Adelina beat her in SP at Europeans this year. So Carolina is definitely beatable. The result depends on how they all skate from competition to competition, but I wouldn't say universally that Carolina will always win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    But, erm.... she didn't. She popped two jumps, one in the SP an one in the LP. ....
    I know for sure, she decided to do a 2F in the LP before she took the ice. It was not an error! In the SP it was.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    in my opinion, if yuna, mao, caro do clean program, yuna kim will recieve highest pcs. However, i think it will be very little difference with other skaters.(I believe that the only skater to beat Caro's pcs is Kim)
    and.. yes, she was never helped by pcs.(always tes>pcs)
    and when Russian girls very well (likely in euros, adelina) i think they able to catch the chance.
    i think tukt have most possibility among russian girls.
    Last edited by venlac; 02-04-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    too many if ... I she skates her two programs clean, as she did last year at worlds ...
    Tuk won the FS in ECH in last week, but she had mistakes in SP. Caro could win. But for me Adelina is the real winner. If Carolina will jump better, her victory will be well-deserved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    If the Russian babies skate both programs flawless, and Caro not, and she has four triple in FS, she will lose.
    if Caro does only 4 triples there is no way in hell she is winning Worlds this year anyway, regardless of if the Russians (who arent even anymore than longshots for a medal this year) beat her or not, so what is the point. This whole topic is silly.

Custom Title
    I know for sure, she decided to do a 2F in the LP before she took the ice. It was not an error! In the SP it was.
    How do you know this? She did a nice 3F in her FS and could have afforded an error if she attempted another triple flip. It's just sad when one triple flip is the hardest triple performed. The 2A-3T was nice though but even with a 2A-2T she would have won. Sigh.

Custom Title
    Why would she have planned the second flip as a double in her FP at Worlds? That wouldn't make any sense. She performed 6 triples including two 3flips just before Worlds at Challenge Cup 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbFWbiEGO5Q, probably to try out the new jump layout as she had been doing a different one all season long.

She is listed under the entries for Challenge Cup 2013 by the way. If she really competes there I guess this is the place for her to try out her new jump layout for worlds (if she plans to change it).

Custom Title
    She can hold them off but that depends on her and the judges. Unfortunately in this sport you don't exactly hold your own destiny in your hands. The judges have to decide also.
    Last edited by lavender; 02-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.

If it's true I would say that's even more embarassing... A World Champion who was planning to do a 2F?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    She can hold them off but that depends on her and the judges. Unfortunately in this sport you don't exactly hold your own destiny in your hands. The judges have decide also.
    Yes. The judges already showed at Euros that they like Adelina a lot.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast