Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Mr. Miner or Mr. Abbott?

  1. #1
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,407

    Mr. Miner or Mr. Abbott?

    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48908&type=media
    Am I right that the USFSA could have put JA on the world team instead of RM?
    My DVD of the NBC coverage of the nats wont play....is JA injured? He isnt even an
    alternate at 4 conts.....

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,954
    Jeremy has had back problems. He may be choosing to deal with them rather than going to 4CCs.

  3. #3
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,407
    OUCH! I have them too....so what does TSA do to me at airports? They swab my knee braces for explosives but dont care about my back brace.
    I think that maybe USFSA talked with JA and he said that he would not petition for the second spot on the world team....due to his back....
    I wish him all the best and hope he heals for next season....
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Jeremy has had back problems. He may be choosing to deal with them rather than going to 4CCs.

  4. #4
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,954
    They do Mr. Ski's leg brace, too. They also insisted that take off his belt, let go of his cane, & hold his arms in the air while they did that full body scan thing. Of course, his pants fell down around his ankles (this is with 50 or so interested fellow passengers standing around giggling), and he nearly toppled over. When he said a few choice words to them, they made his life even more miserable. A word to the wise: wear elastic waist pants in airports.

  5. #5
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    85
    Doris, thanks for the image of Mr. Ski and for the great chuckle I just had. It has brightened my afternoon.

  6. #6
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,954
    That was on our way back from SkAm, in the Seattle airport. It was not a best ever experience.

  7. #7
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,592
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That was on our way back from SkAm, in the Seattle airport. It was not a best ever experience.
    Yikes! SeaTac can be hit or miss. I usually fly out of my little bitty airport in Central Washington so I could avoid the security at SeaTac. If I do end up flying out of SeaTac, I always arrive like two or three hours early. Figure I could just get a microbrew at the Pyramid bar while I'm waiting.

  8. #8
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,330
    Jeremy has no basis to petition USFS for a spot on the worlds team. Only if he had missed nationals due to injury, like Denny and Coughlin.

    I am pretty sure that USFS did offer him Eour continents, but he turned it down to rest, recuperate, and work on his quad.

    As for whether USFS could have offered Jeremy the spot at worlds instead of Ross, it wouldn't have violated the USFS rules, but it would have been very much against long-establlished tradition.

  9. #9
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That was on our way back from SkAm, in the Seattle airport. It was not a best ever experience.
    SeaTac's TSA are mean. They screamed at me in front of everyone there when my bra clasp set off the body scanner (it was the same one I used two weeks before on the way down). When I said that - apologising for their attitude all the while - they told me then maybe I shouldn't wear one... I'm a BIG girl, that's not an option in public....

  10. #10
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    SeaTac's TSA are mean. They screamed at me in front of everyone there when my bra clasp set off the body scanner (it was the same one I used two weeks before on the way down). When I said that - apologising for their attitude all the while - they told me then maybe I shouldn't wear one... I'm a BIG girl, that's not an option in public....
    I certainly thought they were mean. Mr. Ski has never had problems at the Providence airport (our closest airport), at least not of that sort. Nor did he have problems 2 years ago at Anchorage, or at Philly (same trip).

    If they're going to take your belt, they should offer you a soft cord or something to keep your pants up. And if you're going to take the cane from a guy with balance problems & make him hold his arms over his head, which he can't do very well, you should have some kind of wall for him to brace against with his arms over his head, or at least have someone spotting so he doesn't fall over. I haven't been so angry in a long time.

  11. #11
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    See to me that makes no sense. They're supposed to have a line/area for cases like these. Did they allow you to deny the body scan? They wand you if you don't do th ebody scan.

    I should've just done that - it would've saved me the lecture, the wanding that I had to have anyway, and the gsr test (because when you wear a bra you obviously build bombs). They continued to lecture me. I was so pissed by the time I was done. I'm sorry, I am not a terrorist, so stop terrorising me!

    I had a testy lady in Anchorage one time out of many, and all she did was tell me that my shirt (that I wear for travel) was bad because they now have the body scanners. I was unaware of the change and what would set it off. She didn't care, said it was my job to know as a traveller. She didn't sound like she was from here... probably on loan from SeaTac lol

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Jeremy has had back problems. He may be choosing to deal with them rather than going to 4CCs.
    Yes so true Doris, best that he rests NOW and prepares the Olympic Season. He should and I think he will keep his "Bring Him Home" FS for Sochi.

    I worry for him on that quad it is not consistent enough but he will need it, it seems 3 quads in FREE are going to be obligatory for the FS definately next season in Men's to medal or win Gold (Or its heading that way anyway!)
    Last edited by russell30; 02-03-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  13. #13
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,954
    I think a guy will be able to get away with 2....but not fewer.

    And he'll need a quad in the SP.

  14. #14
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    See to me that makes no sense. They're supposed to have a line/area for cases like these. Did they allow you to deny the body scan? They wand you if you don't do th ebody scan.

    I should've just done that - it would've saved me the lecture, the wanding that I had to have anyway, and the gsr test (because when you wear a bra you obviously build bombs). They continued to lecture me. I was so pissed by the time I was done. I'm sorry, I am not a terrorist, so stop terrorising me!

    I had a testy lady in Anchorage one time out of many, and all she did was tell me that my shirt (that I wear for travel) was bad because they now have the body scanners. I was unaware of the change and what would set it off. She didn't care, said it was my job to know as a traveller. She didn't sound like she was from here... probably on loan from SeaTac lol
    You can refuse the full body scan thing but they do NOT wand you, they do a total pat down.

    As for the belt, I am sorry for Mr. Ski, but they make everyone take them off, and I think that's fairly well known. My dad flew for th efirst time in over 10 years recently and this was one thing we warned him about big time beforehand. Elastic pants are a better option as you said. However, the cane thing is unacceptable. In the future he might just want to go for the pat down.

  15. #15
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,954
    Our son told us afterward about the belt thing. What fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •