Mr. Miner or Mr. Abbott? | Golden Skate

Mr. Miner or Mr. Abbott?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jeremy has had back problems. He may be choosing to deal with them rather than going to 4CCs.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OUCH! I have them too....so what does TSA do to me at airports? They swab my knee braces for explosives but dont care about my back brace.
I think that maybe USFSA talked with JA and he said that he would not petition for the second spot on the world team....due to his back....
I wish him all the best and hope he heals for next season....
Jeremy has had back problems. He may be choosing to deal with them rather than going to 4CCs.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They do Mr. Ski's leg brace, too. They also insisted that take off his belt, let go of his cane, & hold his arms in the air while they did that full body scan thing. Of course, his pants fell down around his ankles (this is with 50 or so interested fellow passengers standing around giggling), and he nearly toppled over. When he said a few choice words to them, they made his life even more miserable. A word to the wise: wear elastic waist pants in airports.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Doris, thanks for the image of Mr. Ski and for the great chuckle I just had. It has brightened my afternoon.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That was on our way back from SkAm, in the Seattle airport. It was not a best ever experience.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was on our way back from SkAm, in the Seattle airport. It was not a best ever experience.

Yikes! SeaTac can be hit or miss. I usually fly out of my little bitty airport in Central Washington so I could avoid the security at SeaTac. If I do end up flying out of SeaTac, I always arrive like two or three hours early. Figure I could just get a microbrew at the Pyramid bar while I'm waiting. :biggrin:

Jeremy has no basis to petition USFS for a spot on the worlds team. Only if he had missed nationals due to injury, like Denny and Coughlin.

I am pretty sure that USFS did offer him Eour continents, but he turned it down to rest, recuperate, and work on his quad.

As for whether USFS could have offered Jeremy the spot at worlds instead of Ross, it wouldn't have violated the USFS rules, but it would have been very much against long-establlished tradition.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

SeaTac's TSA are mean. They screamed at me in front of everyone there when my bra clasp set off the body scanner (it was the same one I used two weeks before on the way down). When I said that - apologising for their attitude all the while - they told me then maybe I shouldn't wear one... I'm a BIG girl, that's not an option in public....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
SeaTac's TSA are mean. They screamed at me in front of everyone there when my bra clasp set off the body scanner (it was the same one I used two weeks before on the way down). When I said that - apologising for their attitude all the while - they told me then maybe I shouldn't wear one... I'm a BIG girl, that's not an option in public....

I certainly thought they were mean. Mr. Ski has never had problems at the Providence airport (our closest airport), at least not of that sort. Nor did he have problems 2 years ago at Anchorage, or at Philly (same trip).

If they're going to take your belt, they should offer you a soft cord or something to keep your pants up. And if you're going to take the cane from a guy with balance problems & make him hold his arms over his head, which he can't do very well, you should have some kind of wall for him to brace against with his arms over his head, or at least have someone spotting so he doesn't fall over. I haven't been so angry in a long time.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
See to me that makes no sense. They're supposed to have a line/area for cases like these. Did they allow you to deny the body scan? They wand you if you don't do th ebody scan.

I should've just done that - it would've saved me the lecture, the wanding that I had to have anyway, and the gsr test (because when you wear a bra you obviously build bombs). They continued to lecture me. I was so pissed by the time I was done. I'm sorry, I am not a terrorist, so stop terrorising me!

I had a testy lady in Anchorage one time out of many, and all she did was tell me that my shirt (that I wear for travel) was bad because they now have the body scanners. I was unaware of the change and what would set it off. She didn't care, said it was my job to know as a traveller. She didn't sound like she was from here... probably on loan from SeaTac lol

russell30

Final Flight

Yes so true Doris, best that he rests NOW and prepares the Olympic Season. He should and I think he will keep his "Bring Him Home" FS for Sochi.

I worry for him on that quad it is not consistent enough but he will need it, it seems 3 quads in FREE are going to be obligatory for the FS definately next season in Men's to medal or win Gold (Or its heading that way anyway!)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think a guy will be able to get away with 2....but not fewer.

And he'll need a quad in the SP.

tulosai

Record Breaker
See to me that makes no sense. They're supposed to have a line/area for cases like these. Did they allow you to deny the body scan? They wand you if you don't do th ebody scan.

I should've just done that - it would've saved me the lecture, the wanding that I had to have anyway, and the gsr test (because when you wear a bra you obviously build bombs). They continued to lecture me. I was so pissed by the time I was done. I'm sorry, I am not a terrorist, so stop terrorising me!

I had a testy lady in Anchorage one time out of many, and all she did was tell me that my shirt (that I wear for travel) was bad because they now have the body scanners. I was unaware of the change and what would set it off. She didn't care, said it was my job to know as a traveller. She didn't sound like she was from here... probably on loan from SeaTac lol

You can refuse the full body scan thing but they do NOT wand you, they do a total pat down.

As for the belt, I am sorry for Mr. Ski, but they make everyone take them off, and I think that's fairly well known. My dad flew for th efirst time in over 10 years recently and this was one thing we warned him about big time beforehand. Elastic pants are a better option as you said. However, the cane thing is unacceptable. In the future he might just want to go for the pat down.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
really weird I used to see Miner as anonymous and boring skater
but his last skate at SA, I am beginning to like him, I don't think this is normal, lol

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
really weird I used to see Miner as anonymous and boring skater
but his last skate at SA, I am beginning to like him, I don't think this is normal, lol

Ross used to bore be too he was kind of like the male Rachael Flatt dependable and consistent but not very interesting. But at Nationals i actually liked how he skated and i wasn't bored for once.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This makes me mad too. I now have to take off my belt due to the body scanners, so I will have to find some yarn or something...pants almost fell down but my back brace held them up.....going home from Nats, they swabed my hands and knee braces.....looking for explosives. Maybe we should invent a small plastic bungee cord to put between two belt loops to hold up jeans. The TSA folks examined my watch at Spokane and at Omaha. I think the agents are getting meaner cause of what they are told to do and what they are told about that from the passengers....I have no idea what the new generation scanners see....scanning by wand tells nothing about explosives hidden within the body. It wont find hard high tech plastic knives. If the scanners are using radiation to look within the body, then are we sure they are safe for frequent travelers?

I certainly thought they were mean. Mr. Ski has never had problems at the Providence airport (our closest airport), at least not of that sort. Nor did he have problems 2 years ago at Anchorage, or at Philly (same trip).

If they're going to take your belt, they should offer you a soft cord or something to keep your pants up. And if you're going to take the cane from a guy with balance problems & make him hold his arms over his head, which he can't do very well, you should have some kind of wall for him to brace against with his arms over his head, or at least have someone spotting so he doesn't fall over. I haven't been so angry in a long time.

tulosai

Record Breaker
This makes me mad too. I now have to take off my belt due to the body scanners, so I will have to find some yarn or something...pants almost fell down but my back brace held them up.....going home from Nats, they swabed my hands and knee braces.....looking for explosives. Maybe we should invent a small plastic bungee cord to put between two belt loops to hold up jeans. The TSA folks examined my watch at Spokane and at Omaha. I think the agents are getting meaner cause of what they are told to do and what they are told about that from the passengers....I have no idea what the new generation scanners see....scanning by wand tells nothing about explosives hidden within the body. It wont find hard high tech plastic knives. If the scanners are using radiation to look within the body, then are we sure they are safe for frequent travelers?

Yeah it is getting bizarre what they will examine now. I flew out of Chicago a few weeks ago and they examined the Bath and Body Works candles I had with me for like 5 whole minutes. I still have not figured out what they thought they might be or what they thought I was going to do with them...