Best Ladies jumper(s) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Best Ladies jumper(s)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will give Carolina when she lands her Lutz is nice
she also has one of the best 3Flip

hurrah

Medalist
Carolina's flip/lutz are far too inconsistent for them to be considered good. Plus, even with the ones she manages to land, they are telegraphed, making them not so admirable.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I don't mind the telegraphed jumps so much as long as the speed in and out are good. The telegraphed lutz is actually one of the best set up for a lutz for me. It just look cool and effortless. Telegraphing a jump doesn't make it a bad jump. It wouldn't satisfy one GOE bullet. So again, it's one extra credit that you don't do. There are 5 or 6 other ways to gain GOE.

Brett

Spectator
I don't mind the telegraphed jumps so much as long as the speed in and out are good. The telegraphed lutz is actually one of the best set up for a lutz for me. It just look cool and effortless. Telegraphing a jump doesn't make it a bad jump. It wouldn't satisfy one GOE bullet. So again, it's one extra credit that you don't do. There are 5 or 6 other ways to gain GOE.

What does a telegraphed jump mean?

TonyaHardlyEver

Rinkside
Ito, Harding were in a league of their own for many years. Harding's triple lutz in the lp of the 94 Olympics was textbook. Ito's wrapped always bugged me. I'd say Gold and Hicks are about as close as there is to ITO and Harding as far as height and distance. I can't stand tiny jumps ie. Kwan, Lipinski,Flatt, Cohen,Hughes, etc. Not to mention Alissa.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ito, Harding were in a league of their own for many years. Harding's triple lutz in the lp of the 94 Olympics was textbook. Ito's wrapped always bugged me. I'd say Gold and Hicks are about as close as there is to ITO and Harding as far as height and distance. I can't stand tiny jumps ie. Kwan, Lipinski,Flatt, Cohen,Hughes, etc. Not to mention Alissa.

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I LOVE your screen name. Thanks for the laugh. :)

TonyaHardlyEver

Rinkside
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I LOVE your screen name. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Thanks so much! I have already been banned from another forum after just 5 posts! I have to be more careful as there is a truth serum running through me constantly.:p

LRK

Record Breaker
What does a telegraphed jump mean?

That the skater takes a few moments to set it up - ergo you can see that a jump is coming. Instead of wriggling, skipping, hopping, whatever, before doing the jump.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Irina didn't win Euro with 4 triples. Try again. :laugh:

I'm confused.

plushyfan argued that Kostner won Euros with four triples. I thought he obviously meant in the free skate, since she had landed two more in the short. I just thought he was bashing Kostner for a four triple LP that contributed to her title.

Looking at 2005, Irina Slutskaya won Euros. Looking at the protocols, she landed... Oh, sorry my bad. She landed only three triples in the LP on her way to the title. I just counted the triples without even looking at the falls.

Anyway, I really like both skaters, so I don't have a horse in this argument. Just thought it was worth mentioning.