Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Best Ladies jumper(s)

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=venlac;707491]yuna kim's 3-3/2-3 rate of success chart (except 2013 korean national)

3-3 (3f3t or 3lz3t)
    junior
    7/7(100%)
    senior
    36/40 (90%)

2a-3t
    15/17
    [URL="http://cfile22.uf.daum.net/image/2

she only missed 4 3ft3toe & 3lz3toe?
    3f3t or 3lz3t

missed in the 2011 sp
    missed in the 2010 sp
    missed in the 2010 gpf lp
    missed in the 2009 skate america lp.

Don't have to go back that far to find 4. I'm sure she missed quite a few more prior to 2009. Kim was consistent with the 3x3, but not THAT consistent, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post

she only missed 4 3ft3toe & 3lz3toe?
    3f3t or 3lz3t

missed in the 2011 sp
    missed in the 2010 sp
    missed in the 2010 gpf lp
    missed in the 2009 skate america lp.

Don't have to go back that far to find 4. I'm sure she missed quite a few more prior to 2009. Kim was consistent with the 3x3, but not THAT consistent, ok?
    If you count the missed/aborted attempts (that is intended 3x3 but because of poor landing on the first, doubled/popped the back-end) then her consistency is about 86%.

Here's the full breakdown:

2012-2013: 4 - 3Lz+3T (3), and 3F+3T (1) [2 NRW, 2 Korean Nationals]
    2011-2012: 0
    2010-2011: 1 - 3Lz+3T [Worlds]
    2009-2010: 7 - 3Lz+3T [2 at TEB, 1 at SA, 0 at GPF, 2 at Olympics, and 2 at Worlds]
    2008-2009: 10 - 3F+3T [2 at SA, 2 at CoC, 2 at GPF, 2 at 4CC, 2 at Worlds)
    2007-2008: 6 - 3F+3T [2 at CoR, 1 at CoC, 1 at GPF, 2 at Worlds]
    2006-2007: 8 - 3F+3T [2 SC, 2 TEB, 2 GPF, and 2 Worlds]
    2005-2006: 6 - 3F+3T (5), 3Lz+3T (1) [1 JGP Slovakia, 1 JGP Sofia Cup, 1 JGPF, 2 at Korean Nats, 1 at Junior Worlds]
    2004-2005: 2 - 3T+3T [1 at Korean Nationals, 1 at Junior Worlds]

44 ratified out of 51 attempts/plans in her entire career. She only missed 7 triple-triples in her entire career (not far off from four that venlac mentioned). That's 86%.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    That would be interesting to count up. Yuna has landed 44 ratified triple-triples in her entire career. How many for Ando?
    Carolina is better than Irina??
    Who won the ECH with four triple???Oh no...
    1.Ito
    2.Irina
    3.Ando
    4.Kim

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    1.Ito
    2.Irina
    3.Ando
    4.Kim
    Since we're talking jumps, yes, Carolina is better. True lutz, true flip, no weakness in any jumps, great flow out in all jumps. Irina's jumps are big, but too messy on the landing. Irina's lutz is always questionable, most of the time she flutzed.
    Irina is a much better competitor and had better consistency, and that are what she had over Carolina.
    As inconsistent as Carolina is, she certainly landed many many many more 3x3 than Irina did.

Custom Title
    Since we're talking jumps, yes, Carolina is better. True lutz, true flip, no weakness in any jumps, great flow out in all jumps. Irina's jumps are big, but too messy on the landing. Irina's lutz is always questionable, most of the time she flutzed.
    Irina is a much better competitor and had better consistency, and that are what she had over Carolina.
    As inconsistent as Carolina is, she certainly landed many many many more 3x3 than Irina did.
    I think Carolina's jumps at her best were better than many, but the lack of consistency would put her out of the top 10 for me. She's doubled way too many jumps in the past few years to put her as one of the best.

Banned
    I will give Carolina when she lands her Lutz is nice
    she also has one of the best 3Flip

Carolina's flip/lutz are far too inconsistent for them to be considered good. Plus, even with the ones she manages to land, they are telegraphed, making them not so admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I think Carolina's jumps at her best were better than many, but the lack of consistency would put her out of the top 10 for me. She's doubled way too many jumps in the past few years to put her as one of the best.

Custom Title
    I don't mind the telegraphed jumps so much as long as the speed in and out are good. The telegraphed lutz is actually one of the best set up for a lutz for me. It just look cool and effortless. Telegraphing a jump doesn't make it a bad jump. It wouldn't satisfy one GOE bullet. So again, it's one extra credit that you don't do. There are 5 or 6 other ways to gain GOE.

I don't mind the telegraphed jumps so much as long as the speed in and out are good. The telegraphed lutz is actually one of the best set up for a lutz for me. It just look cool and effortless. Telegraphing a jump doesn't make it a bad jump. It wouldn't satisfy one GOE bullet. So again, it's one extra credit that you don't do. There are 5 or 6 other ways to gain GOE.

What does a telegraphed jump mean?

Tripping on the Podium
    Ito, Harding were in a league of their own for many years. Harding's triple lutz in the lp of the 94 Olympics was textbook. Ito's wrapped always bugged me. I'd say Gold and Hicks are about as close as there is to ITO and Harding as far as height and distance. I can't stand tiny jumps ie. Kwan, Lipinski,Flatt, Cohen,Hughes, etc. Not to mention Alissa.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyaHardlyEver View Post
    Ito, Harding were in a league of their own for many years. Harding's triple lutz in the lp of the 94 Olympics was textbook. Ito's wrapped always bugged me. I'd say Gold and Hicks are about as close as there is to ITO and Harding as far as height and distance. I can't stand tiny jumps ie. Kwan, Lipinski,Flatt, Cohen,Hughes, etc. Not to mention Alissa.
    Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I LOVE your screen name. Thanks for the laugh.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I LOVE your screen name. Thanks for the laugh.
    Thanks so much! I have already been banned from another forum after just 5 posts! I have to be more careful as there is a truth serum running through me constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    What does a telegraphed jump mean?
    That the skater takes a few moments to set it up - ergo you can see that a jump is coming. Instead of wriggling, skipping, hopping, whatever, before doing the jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    1.Ito
    2.Irina
    3.Ando
    4.Kim
    Irina Slutskaya, 2005 Euros

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast