Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 Quads for Max Aaron?

Custom Title

5 Quads for Max Aaron?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/azet...-champion.html
    By next season, Aaron expects to be competing with a quad toe jump in addition to his quad salchow and perhaps be attempting five quads combined in his two programs.

“I have the power,” Aaron said. “All it is is a mental game.”

Impressive goal! I wish he would work on his presentation skills during the off-season. I would hate to see him be confused as to why his PCS might be so low if he didn't next season.

Custom Title
    His coach is Tom Zakrajsek, who apparently sees no value in working on presentation skills. IMO, Max needs to dump Tom Z for Christy Krall.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    His coach is Tom Zakrajsek, who apparently sees no value in working on presentation skills. IMO, Max needs to dump Tom Z for Christy Krall.

Custom Title
    I agree - chuckm. As a side note: Max I hope you have a great physical therapist...

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    yes.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I know that you can't really stop the technical progression but things like this make me really worried.

Competitive athletes are already putting a huge amount of strain over bodies resulting in being pretty much perma-injured. Once doing 4-5 quads over the course of two programs becomes the norm, it will only get worse. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I know that you can't really stop the technical progression but things like this make me really worried.

Competitive athletes are already putting a huge amount of strain over bodies resulting in being pretty much perma-injured. Once doing 4-5 quads over the course of two programs becomes the norm, it will only get worse. :(
    I was thinking pretty much the same thing. If guys start doing (and more to the point, constantly practicing) that many quads and that many different quads, their hips are going to shatter into smithereens. I do not feel comfortable watching a generation of disposable skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I was thinking pretty much the same thing. If guys start doing (and more to the point, constantly practicing) that many quads and that many different quads, their hips are going to shatter into smithereens. I do not feel comfortable watching a generation of disposable skaters.
    Olympia - we don't have to wait that long for an answer - let's see how many male skaters go injury free to Sochi...

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Let's face it, getting 5 quads in a competition is a more realistic goal for Aaron than him improving his artistry. The man knows his strengths and limits. Why waste lipstick on this pig when he can win best in show by oinking louder?

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Let's face it, getting 5 quads in a competition is a more realistic goal for Aaron than him improving his artistry. The man knows his strengths and limits. Why waste lipstick on this pig when he can win best in show by oinking louder?
    Ouch! You don't mince your words, do you? Now I wouldn't declare anyone hopelessly inartistic--even Aaron.

Custom Title
    Look what happened to Joshua Farris when he did! (Although I am also inclined to attribute a good portion of that to Damon Allen.) He became such a lovely, expressive, artistic skater, and he didn't lose anything technically.

FREE MAX AARON!

Before he gets hurt, preferably...

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    My, that's a harsh thing to say!

Custom Title
    I hope Tom Z has stopped over-training his athletes at the end of the season...they are either injured (Rachael) or out of steam (Brandon, Jeremy) when Worlds comes around. Max is young, though so maybe he'll be OK. (IF he can avoid the standard Tom Z disabling back injury)

FREE MAX

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Ouch! You don't mince your words, do you? Now I wouldn't declare anyone hopelessly inartistic--even Aaron.
    If anybody is in doubt of that, watch Kostner's first Europeans performances from 2003. Her basic skating was lacking, she was totally deaf to the music, had terrible lines and really wooden movements. I wouldn't imagine in a million years that she'd become the stunningly beautiful skater she is today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast