Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Russian Junior Pairs - SP & LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I wish the top 4 here, plus Davankova/Deputat could all go. They all deserve to be there.
    And we have no decent pair (either junior or senior)! I really wish the championships were according to skaters results, rather than limiting per country! It is such a shame that some of them won't get their chance!

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    wonder who the 3rd Russian pair will go to Junior Worlds

Davankova/Deputat are out with her injury
    but Vigalova/Zakroev have better scored internationally ( JGPF bronze) than Gaintedinova/Bich
    will they skip G/B and let V/Z go to junior worlds
    I was going to ask what happened to Vasilisa Davankova - Andrei Deputat. Glad it is just an injury not a break up. I don't follow junior pairs very much if at all but they really blew me away at Russian Junior Nationals last year.

Custom Title
    Watching the videos - this was a very well skated competition! All the teams would really deserve to be at Junior Worlds. That said, they are all more or less evenly matched, so I would go with the results of Junior nationals in terms of JW assignments. With any of the 5 teams they pick, Russia could potentially sweep the podium.

Banned
    Does anyone know anything about the pairs team Chernyavskaya/Souza-Kordeiru? I think the guy is not from Russia.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thawingiceberg View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the pairs team Chernyavskaya/Souza-Kordeiru? I think the guy is not from Russia.
    Maybe one of his parents is Russian and one of his parents is from another country?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Maybe one of his parents is Russian and one of his parents is from another country?
    Antonio Cordeiro is from Cuba
    dont know if he has Russian Citizenship

Custom Title
    That was a very enjoyable competition. Does anyone know if F/M have ever attempted triple jumps in their free skate, everything else was done very well. I'm not sure I would have them winning the free but probably first over both sections. I was very impressed with G/B, they have been of form all season but they really nailed it here, hopefully they can hold that form for Junior Worlds. T/M didn't perform at the level they showed in Senior Nationals but I really like them, they have huge potential. It's a very strong team they are sending to worlds.

It's a pretty packed field in Russian pairs at the moment. I hope D/D get over their injury problems and come back strong next season, they were so impressive last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post

It's a pretty packed field in Russian pairs at the moment. I hope D/D get over their injury problems and come back strong next season, they were so impressive last year.
    they have one more problem growing. Davankova is growing and if you look at their height differences now
    the partnership may not last long enough, F/M are ideal pairs height, Fedorova is petite and Miroshkin has long arms and legs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2